I gotta feeling....

Jiu_Jitsu_Johnny

Don't ask me why, but I just have a feeling that Brock v Carwin at UFC 116 is going to end in a disqualification.

I just think Lesnar is still relatively new to the sport (and Carwin is not exactly highly experienced), and I just see a mistake or a loss of temper resulting in a DQ (knee/kick to the head of a downed opponent or something like that). When Lesnar in particular gets frustrated and it becames a test of strength I just see 1 of these guys losing the plot....

Of course it will be a DQ. You can hardly call it a knockout when carwin's hand goes straight through brock's head.

Does a fighter curling up and shedding tears count as a DQ? For some reason I have this image of Lesnar in fetal position with Carwin standing over him with one fist raised and golden light shining down upon him.

Brock can be a bit emotional during and after fights, but I don't think he'd ever stoop so low as to hit his opponent with an intentional illegal blow. Both men have enough confidence in their abilities that they can win this fight without resorting to dirty tactics.

That said, I want Carwin to win, but I honestly wouldn't be too upset if Lesnar kept the title. Sure his ring antics and pre-fight hype might border on complete disrespect, but outside the cage and the UFC, he seems like a really cool dude.

Archived