Edgar Penn 2 ALREADY?

Harry_D

I am not sure what is going on with the UFC lately. I am a huge fan, and love the sport but something is off with the matchups recently. Why is Penn getting a second chance so soon? Edgar hasnt even had a chance to defend his title against another condender. Why doesnt BJ have to have a contender fight before a rematch at the title? I know it was a close decision, and in a lot of opinions Penn should have won, but we have seen this scenario occur before, without an immidiate rematch! Penn should have to suck up his loss and earn his title shot like everyone else. I am so sick of the UFC picking favorates and giving desirable matchups to those who do not deserve them

I am not sure what is going on with the UFC lately. I am a huge fan' date=' and love the sport but something is off with the matchups recently. Why is Penn getting a second chance so soon? Edgar hasnt even had a chance to defend his title against another condender. Why doesnt BJ have to have a contender fight before a rematch at the title? I know it was a close decision, and in a lot of opinions Penn should have won, but we have seen this scenario occur before, without an immidiate rematch! Penn should have to suck up his loss and earn his title shot like everyone else. I am so sick of the UFC picking favorates and giving desirable matchups to those who do not deserve them[/quote']

Shogun got an immediate rematch.... nuff said.

Dude, it's not always about trying to get a reup for the title, BJ Penn is the number one contender, and probably the only with a chance, I think it's fair. Besides, what are you so worried about, if he beat him once he can beat him again, I don't understand what your mad about, afraid that he's gonna lose the belt? No? Otherwise you wouldn't be making such a big deal about it.

no, the truth is i am a BJ fan. I realize he is probobly the best in the division but i dont think it should be immidiate. I hope Penn takes edgar the way that he should have in the first place now that the match is set. What i am saying is that the ufc picks favorates when deciding title fights. The ufc is full of fighters who deserve a shot at the title but dont get it until they "prove" themselves. BJ should have to show the world he deserves the shot with a bout before a rematch.

If he "Deserves" this he wouldnt have lost his last bout, and you are telling me that he is the best no questions asked then why did he lose to edgar? If the UFC isnt capable of finding a reasonable contender fight, then they need to re-evaluate their fighter lineup. Is their roster so poor that there is a number one and nobody else is even worth a consideration?

Dude' date=' it's not always about trying to get a reup for the title, BJ Penn is the number one contender, and probably the only with a chance, I think it's fair. Besides, what are you so worried about, if he beat him once he can beat him again, I don't understand what your mad about, afraid that he's gonna lose the belt? No? Otherwise you wouldn't be making such a big deal about it.[/quote']

Maynard is the #1 contender. He has not lost in UFC. Not to mention he is the only man to beat Edgar. He does lack a big name resume, but I have seen worse get title shots. Problem is who else can BJ fight.

If he "Deserves" this he wouldnt have lost his last bout' date=' and you are telling me that he is the best no questions asked then why did he lose to edgar? If the UFC isnt capable of finding a reasonable contender fight, then they need to re-evaluate their fighter lineup. Is their roster so poor that there is a number one and nobody else is even worth a consideration?[/quote']

When you explain to me how getting out struck while bouncing from side to side translates into victory I will answer your question.

this has been up idk how many times before use the search engine bro..

and realisticly who outside of penn really deserves a shot?.. he's beaten and destroyed all the other guys in 155..

in close matches like this one and with machida/shogun.. its business smart to just have a rematch right away .first to show it wasnt a fluke win, and second to show they think themselves it could have gone either way.

maynard will get his shot dont worry..

When you explain to me how getting out struck while bouncing from side to side translates into victory I will answer your question.

When you become a judge in the UFC, and understand the entire scoring system, i will take your reply seriously.

When you become a ref in the UFC' date=' and understand who entire scoring system, i will take your reply seriously.[/quote']

Explain it to me then as obviously I have no clue. Getting more strikes landing on you means you win??? Bouncing from side to side while your opponent takes the center of the octagon is octagon control???? Landing 1 out of 13 take down attempts is effective grappling????? Please explain to me oh great one.

Ps the judges score the fight not the refs

Yeah its kinda strange the whole immediate rematch thing. Cant deny the BJ is still the best in his division though. Im with ya though.. He should have to fight a contender before his rematch even if he is the best in the division.

i would of said winner of florian maynard

Explain it to me then as obviously I have no clue. Getting more strikes landing on you means you win??? Bouncing from side to side while your opponent takes the center of the octagon is octagon control???? Landing 1 out of 13 take down attempts is effective grappling????? Please explain to me oh great one.

I am not a judge myself so it is difficult for me to understand as well. But either way, it was a decision in his favour. I have been upset with many decisions in the past, but its not like only one judge ruled in his favour. Like i said i agree that penn is an amazing fighter, and probobly wont spend much time without the title. I am just upset with the rematch occuring without any fights to prove ranking. If this were an isolated occurance it would brush off my shoulders, but it isnt. The UFC keeps its favorate fighters in big fights, regardless of their performance, and regardless of their ranking

And yea, winner of Maynard and Florian would be a good decision, or even put penn against maynard or florian, winner gets the title fight. Either would have been a better decision than instand unearned rematch.

Silentson ftw.

And what did every Shogun fan use as a basis for thinking he got robbed???

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Edgar-Penn.html

yous a boss.

+1

+1

Silentson ftw.

listen, i dont make the rules on judging a bout. They may be flawed, but its all there is to work with. I am not gonna argue about the decision here. Perhaps they should revisit their scoring system, and make adjustments, but until that day, Penn lost. You can post the whole fight step by step in here, and it wont change a thing. Penn lost and the loss will be recorded on his MMA record forever. What i am argueing is an instant rematch. Dont waste my time with play by plays, because i have seen the fight enough to recap it on my own.

listen' date=' i dont make the rules on judging a bout. They may be flawed, but its all there is to work with. I am not gonna argue about the decision here. Perhaps they should revisit their scoring system, and make adjustments, but until that day, Penn lost. You can post the whole fight step by step in here, and it wont change a thing. Penn lost and the loss will be recorded on his MMA record forever. [b']What i am argueing is an instant rematch[/b]. Dont waste my time with play by plays, because i have seen the fight enough to recap it on my own.

A Dominant champion has never lost his belt via controversial decision in the HISTORY of the UFC.

There has been KO's, TKO's Submissions, or outright blowouts, but never a fight this close.

BJ deserves this rematch.

Don't know if any of you read the article on here before the Abu Dhabi fight (before Belfort pulled out) but I'm pretty sure the article said that if either champion (BJ or Anderson) lost their belt that night they would recieve an immediate rematch because this was an outdoor event and the weather conditions could have an effect on the outcome of the fight.

Don't know if any of you read the article on here before the Abu Dhabi fight (before Belfort pulled out) but I'm pretty sure the article said that if either champion (BJ or Anderson) lost their belt that night they would recieve an immediate rematch because this was an outdoor event and the weather conditions could have an effect on the outcome of the fight.

If Anderson or Penn were KO'd Subb'd or completely dominated, i doubt there would be a rematch.

There are plenty of reasons why BJ deserves an immediate rematch. The first fight is considered the upset of the year (if not decade) so a rematch removes the very real possibility of it being a fluke. Second, it was a questionable decision. Just as Shogun got an immediate rematch after losing the first fight, BJ should get one as well. And as far as proving his ranking, BJ has wins over three guys in the top 10 of the UFCs LW division. Name another contender with that kind of resume. Any way you look at it, BJ is the most deserving of the next title shot.

I felt BJ WAS ROBBED. Before I was an MMA fan i was a boxing fan, and even an amateur boxer. In boxing if your going to challenge the champ and take his belt you have to dominate and destroy him before you take the belt. In mma its a bit different someone can stay a little busier and take your belt in the eyes of the judges. Its far more point based, even with boxing's "Compu-Box" system. In that fight Bj did alot of things right and i was still impressed with his cardio. Frankie edgar is a ball of lightning and Bj stood infront of him willing to exchange throughout the fight and even got the better of the striking. I think edgar did out-point him, but he was the champ and if their going to take BJ's belt by a few points, then he definetly deserves an immediate rematch. I havent seen or heard a single thing from BJ so i know this loss must have really killed him inside and he's dying to lay this kid out. Should make for an amazing fight.

Yeah but Penn doesnt know how to change his gameplan. He will come and do exactly what he did last time and probably lose another decision. I might be wrong but we'll see. I love how people are now saying Frankie is the only one worth fighting since he beat BJ, but those same people werent giving him a chance in he11 before their first fight.

There only 1 reason why Pen get a instant rematch , he start to get old and he a huge PPV .

Edgar is not a huge PPV the UFC dont even try to promote him as a champion . BJ Penn got out box by a beter boxer . If he try to stand up with him he will lose again .

There many BJ fan who cant see what realy happen in this fight , BJ got beat . Its happen to every fighter .

Archived