How long will Brock be conidered a "WWE" guy?

saasman

Legitimate question to anyone with an answer...

He was in the WWE from 2002-2004, just under 2 years. He has already been in the UFC longer than he was on WWE television.

Look at is this way, if YOU, just out of college went to sell cars for two years because you needed the money but then left and became an engineer who designs cars for the next 20 years, you would stop being the "Car salseman" immediately and you would be considered an engineer.

So if Brock fights in the UFC until he is 40, so another 7 years, which would give him 10 years in the fight game, would he still be considered the "WWE" guy or a UFC veteran who happened to wrestle in the WWE because that's who had the money at the time? Also, I get the fact he is not well liked because of his antics, but when will you give him his respect as a UFC fighter and what will it take?

Legitimate question to anyone with an answer...

He was in the WWE from 2002-2004' date=' just under 2 years. He has already been in the UFC longer than he was on WWE television.

Look at is this way, if YOU, just out of college went to sell cars for two years because you needed the money but then left and became an engineer who designs cars for the next 20 years, you would stop being the "Car salseman" immediately and you would be considered an engineer.

So if Brock fights in the UFC until he is 40, so another 7 years, which would give him 10 years in the fight game, would he still be considered the "WWE" guy or a UFC veteran who happened to wrestle in the WWE because that's who had the money at the time? Also, I get the fact he is not well liked because of his antics, but when will you give him his respect as a UFC fighter and what will it take?[/quote']

People will always remember him as the wwe guy because he was a superstar during the time when wwe was at it's peak. We all knock it now but we all know before mma rolled around and got big growing up as kids we watched us some wwf/wwe and loved it. Id say it won't fade into the background a bit until he has 4-5 more fights though. Really he's barely had any action inside the cage and hasn't had enough fights to fight his way out of the wwe guy thing. He probably wrestled 450-500 times in under 2 years in the wwe it's just easier to remember him for that

I find it suprising that people think he is Dominant. Look at his fights

Frank Mir - Loss by submission,Mir was past his prime.

Heath Herring - (Gatekeeper)

Randy Couture - (Couture is awesome, but he is a LHW not a HW)

Frank Mir - past his prime He basically laid on top of Frank because Brock is useless at Jiu Jitsu- not exactly what I would call MMA, just outweighing a guy.

When he puts together a title defence and beats some contenders - Carwin, Cane, Dos Santos - Then I will respect him.

Until then, he is just winning because he is bigger than his opponent

i think it pissed a few of the MMA fans who are mayb older fans when he got such an easy shot at the title, was it sumthin like Mir beat him, he beats Heath Herring and got a title shot or sumthin like that? im not 100%. But he came in 2 the UFC when MMA was becoming slightly more mainstream and the annoyin fans who dont no **** and the post stupid threads tryin 2 sound like they no sumthin (not suggestin u r one of these) jumped on the brock bandwagon and think hes god which mayb pissed off the hardcore fans and these type of fan represent brock if u get what i mean. PLUS!!! the most ****ing annoyin one is that it led 2 ppl from the WWE joinin Strikeforce and bringin more twatty fans with them!!

I find it suprising that people think he is Dominant. Look at his fights

Frank Mir - Loss by submission' date='Mir was past his prime.

Heath Herring - (Gatekeeper)

Randy Couture - (Couture is awesome, but he is a LHW not a HW)

Frank Mir - past his prime He basically laid on top of Frank because Brock is useless at Jiu Jitsu- not exactly what I would call MMA, just outweighing a guy.

When he puts together a title defence and beats some contenders - Carwin, Cane, Dos Santos - Then I will respect him.

Until then, he is just winning because he is bigger than his opponent[/quote']

Frank mir is still in his prime... The competition is just alot better now and hes yet to loose 2 fights in a row so i don't get what you're talking about. and his power has been dominate... you my friend are a moron.

i never considered him a wwe guy.. i was more into ecw..lol anyways..-_- ..

most guys complain he got a shot without proving much.. and had an easy ride.. i agree. herring and randy arent the TOP contenders the ufc now has in the HW division.. so he won the title at a time when the division was coming up with new talent.. now that it has it, all he can do is prove, him being a champ isnt just because he beat up seasoned guys with his size.. but because hes a legit fighter by taking out the next few guys they will give him..

ill tell you right now.. if he drops carwin i will call him legit, just like i did for cain when he finished big nog..

I don't consider him to be a "wwe guy". I am a fan of his, but I am a fan of all fighters. I think Brock has great potential, and I think with how dedicated he has shown himself to be to the sport, he could be really great. As far as Brock being the champ, I agree he had it handed to him, but its not his fault the UFC offered it to him and he took it.

Brock's opponents have not all been top talent, but all were dangerous fighters in their own right. Mir, caught him with a good sub. Herring, may not have been a championship contender, but he still isn't a walk in the park. Herring was/is a seasoned vet with tons more exp than Brock. Randy may have been a lot smaller, but he showed in the fight what exp and a good game plan can do. Mir 2, was able to win the stand up, but had nothing for Brock on the ground.

The upcoming fight imo is 50/50. I think Brock is the better wrestler most likely, but Carwin is a good wrestler too. And Carwin I believed is the better striker, but has shown no head movement, so Brock has the chance to be able to tag him, maybe not with a KO strike, but with enough to drop him possibly and finish the fight. There is also no telling how good they both are off of their backs. They could take each other down and get right back up canceling each others wrestling.

As far as the top contenders in the UFC HW division, I think it could possibly be like the LHW division in that no one might hold the title for an extended period of time. I believe that the top talents in HW could beat each other on any given night.

All in all, I believe Brock does deserves respect for what he has done in mma since he has been in the game. There will be challenges that he will lose, and challenges he will win. He has the potential to be top dog for a while possibly... but it's going to take a lot of dedication and drive, and I believe that he has both.

Archived