James toney training photos.

FerociousKO

i can't believe they are letting this clown come fight. he was never going to be able to make it due to lack of grappeling skills. and he's doing no grappeling training at all.

if he was to get l luky and catch randy it would be the worst thing to ever happen in MMA history.

i can't believe they are letting this clown come fight. he was never going to be able to make it due to lack of grappeling skills. and he's doing no grappeling training at all.

if he was to get l luky and catch randy it would be the worst thing to ever happen in MMA history.

/sarcasm Yeah seriously... Its not like they have ever given pure grapplers with no striking skills UFC contracts. Giving a pure striker a shot is definitely a sign that mma is going downhill. /sarcasm

Nobody should want Couture to lose this fight....

Randy is a legend and stands for all things good in MMA... if this loud mouth boxer thinking he can take on anyone and showing no respect for OUR sport comes in and beats one of OUR all time greats, i agree. It will be the worst thing to happen in MMA.

Come on guys. Whos the bad guy in this fight? =P

Randy is a legend and stands for all things good in MMA... if this loud mouth boxer thinking he can take on anyone and showing no respect for OUR sport comes in and beats one of OUR all time greats' date=' i agree. It will be the worst thing to happen in MMA.

Come on guys. Whos the bad guy in this fight? =P[/quote']

+1

If toney wins he will probably go straight back to boxing and claim that fighting in mma is easy as fcuk.

Randy is a legend and stands for all things good in MMA... if this loud mouth boxer thinking he can take on anyone and showing no respect for OUR sport comes in and beats one of OUR all time greats' date=' i agree. It will be the worst thing to happen in MMA.

Come on guys. Whos the bad guy in this fight? =P[/quote']

Boxing is an aspect of mma. If someone wins an mma match by using their boxing its the worst thing that could happen? WTF are you guys smoking??

/sarcasm Yeah seriously... Its not like they have ever given pure grapplers with no striking skills UFC contracts. Giving a pure striker a shot is definitely a sign that mma is going downhill. /sarcasm

its not just that he's a pure striker, its his age, the shape he's in, his inability to form a coherent sentence and his distain for all other aspects of MMA besides face punching. he won't train properly and isn't taking the grappeling aspect at all seriously.

its not just that he's a pure striker' date=' its his age, the shape he's in, his inability to form a coherent sentence and his distain for all other aspects of MMA besides face punching. he won't train properly and isn't taking the grappeling aspect at all seriously.[/quote']

But he is practising knees. lol.

its not just that he's a pure striker' date=' its his age, the shape he's in, [b']his inability to form a coherent sentence [/b]and his distain for all other aspects of MMA besides face punching. he won't train properly and isn't taking the grappeling aspect at all seriously.

I wonder what kind of a chin he will have when he gets hit with MMA gloves.

Boxing is an aspect of mma. If someone wins an mma match by using their boxing its the worst thing that could happen? WTF are you guys smoking??

your a retard. tonney isn't interested in MMA he's trying to prove boxing is better than MMA. if he gets lucky and catches randy it would be a huge set back for the sport.

i honestly can't even see randy hitting him. he'll be looking to prove a point, instant double leg take down, imeadiatly into the most obscure hard to pull off, possibly brand new freshly invented submission. like a handstand triangle choke.

i honestly can't even see randy hitting him. he'll be looking to prove a point' date=' instant double leg take down, imeadiatly into the most obscure hard to pull off, possibly brand new freshly invented submission. like a handstand triangle choke.[/quote']

Yeah your probably right. Might not be tested in this fight, but I'm sure it will be unless it's 1 and done for Toney. Could be some GNP though.

its not a matter of him using his Boxing.

Its a matter of him disrespecting our sport. Calling out our champions. And god forbid, defeating one of our legends after being nothing but a ******.

Randy has the weight of all MMA on his shoulders, and knowing Randy Couture, he will not let us down.

WAR RANDY!!!!!!!

Ironic that the M-1 guy with the M-1 poster in the back is wearing UFC shorts.

I thought the same thing lol. I was also thinking that it's strange that M-1 is training with Toney after he trashed MMA in general. I would think most MMA gyms wouldn't want anything to do with him. Although it would be nice to have a high level striker like that in the gym for training other well-rounded guys.

Its a matter of him disrespecting our sport. Calling out our champions. And god forbid' date=' defeating one of our legends after being nothing but a ******.

Randy has the weight of all MMA on his shoulders, and knowing Randy Couture, he will not let us down.

WAR RANDY!!!!!!![/quote']

Randy says he knows mma's reputation is on his shoulders and that he wont let us down.

I thought the same thing lol. I was also thinking that it's strange that M-1 is training with Toney after he trashed MMA in general. I would think most MMA gyms wouldn't want anything to do with him. Although it would be nice to have a high level striker like that in the gym for training other well-rounded guys.

Not only did he bash mma but he also called fedor 1 dimensional.lol.

Its a matter of him disrespecting our sport. Calling out our champions. And god forbid' date=' defeating one of our legends after being nothing but a ******.

WAR RANDY!!!!!!![/quote']

WAR RANDY!!!! I'll forgive you for training w/ Brock when you smash this clown!

Submission via half-nelson after 2 rounds of GnP!

your a retard. tonney isn't interested in MMA he's trying to prove boxing is better than MMA. if he gets lucky and catches randy it would be a huge set back for the sport.[/QUOTe]

Love the irony...

Boxing better than mma? What?? He is trying to prove that a professional boxer is more dangerous than a professional mma fighter. There is a huge difference.

How would it affect mma negatively? Do you have any reasons or are you just parroting some bs you read on the internet?

Did Ray Mercer knocking out Tim Sylvia have any negative repercussions? (the last word means "effects")

lol... he's not even doing any grappling

Couture is gonna DESTROY this clown

Yeah because you know that. All by a couple photos you just seen.

James Toney is a beast, reguardless of Couture being way more expierienced in MMA, James Toney is a world class boxer. You act as if he cant grapple and has never grappled before in his life, like grappling is not even heard of by boxers. If Toney is making the transition to MMA, of course he's going to grapple. It would actually be smart for him to just pretend he hasnt been grappling to surprise alot of ppl thinking hes only a boxer!

Yeah because you know that. All by a couple photos you just seen.

James Toney is a beast' date=' reguardless of Couture being way more expierienced in MMA, James Toney is a world class boxer. You act as if he cant grapple and has never grappled before in his life, like grappling is not even heard of by boxers. If Toney is making the transition to MMA, of course he's going to grapple. It would actually be smart for him to just pretend he hasnt been grappling to surprise alot of ppl thinking hes only a boxer![/quote']

I think it's pretty obvious that Toney isn't taking MMA seriously

I think it's pretty obvious that Toney isn't taking MMA seriously

How is it obvious LOL?

Do you train with him at the gym?

You know him personally?

You would have to be mentally ill to come to MMA and not take it seriously. And what your basically saying is Dana White will let some one fight in the UFC that doesnt take MMA serious? That doesn't make sense. Toney is a boxer yeah, thats where he shines right now, but who knows what type of MMA fighter hell be, hes an animal of a boxer i cant wait to see how he is using everything!

I would question how Randy's chin will hold up to a guy wearing MMA gloves who usually knocks out opponents with 10 oz. gloves. This is a very dangerous fight for Randy. MMA fighters do have boxing skill but pro boxers are on another level with it because that's all they do and there are still many more boxers than MMA fighters. More competition. If Randy doesn't get him in a clinch immediately it will probably be over.

How is it obvious LOL?

Do you train with him at the gym?

You know him personally?

You would have to be mentally ill to come to MMA and not take it seriously. And what your basically saying is Dana White will let some one fight in the UFC that doesnt take MMA serious? That doesn't make sense. Toney is a boxer yeah' date=' thats where he shines right now, but who knows what type of MMA fighter hell be, hes an animal of a boxer i cant wait to see how he is using everything![/quote']

Have you ever seen his interviews???

The guy has NO IDEA what he's talking about!

In one interview he calls Fedor one-dimensional

A BOXER? Calling the MMA GOAT one-dimensional???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Wow really?? This must be the first time someone made ridiculous statements to draw attention to themselves and hype a fight...

Do you people really take everything he says literally? Do you really think fighters believe everything they say in prefight interviews?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

And? alot of fighters dont know wtf they are saying half the time in interviews. But when it comes down to it when your fighting, and your animal instinct comes out, launguage dissapears.

Randy's reach is 75

Toney's reach is 72

Randy has a reach advantage

Randy has a height, reach, strength and obvious experience advantage. Pretty much every thing in this fight is in his favor.

He's going to rush Toney to the cage, grab him in the greco clinch, toss him onto his back and beat the crap out of him.

Randy has a height' date=' reach, strength and obvious experience advantage. Pretty much every thing in this fight is in his favor.

He's going to rush Toney to the cage, grab him in the greco clinch, toss him onto his back and beat the crap out of him.[/quote']

Do you think Toney will let the ref stop it or will he tap like a *****?

Love the irony...

Boxing better than mma? What?? He is trying to prove that a professional boxer is more dangerous than a professional mma fighter. There is a huge difference.

How would it affect mma negatively? Do you have any reasons or are you just parroting some bs you read on the internet?

Did Ray Mercer knocking out Tim Sylvia have any negative repercussions? (the last word means "effects")

tim sylvia is a washed up has been that was never that great to begin with, fighting in a third rate promotion. randy is one the greatest of all time fighting at the top level of the sport.

to have an old mumbling incoherent boxer, being very dissmissive of the sport come in and in and with no past fights in MMA and no real training, beat a legend like randy couture would be very detrimental to how MMA is percieved compared to boxing and in general. you absoloute ****. that last word means cretin.

Randy has a height' date=' reach, strength and obvious experience advantage. Pretty much every thing in this fight is in his favor.

He's going to rush Toney to the cage, grab him in the greco clinch, toss him onto his back and beat the crap out of him.[/quote']

i hope that's how it turns out. Toney is 72-6 with 44 KO's and that's against a lot of top level opponents. He's no joke. If he developed any take down defense he's going to be a handful. I'm a boxing fan and an MMA fan but I never liked Toney. I've never wanted him to win any of his fights because I always thought he was a ****. But he is a great boxer.

tim syvia is a washed up has been that was never that great to begin with' date=' fighting in a third rate promotion. randy is one the greatest of all time fighting at the top level of the sport.

to have an old mumbling incoherent boxer, being very dissmissive of the sport come in and in and with no past fights in MMA and no real training and beat a legend like randy couture it would be very detrimental to how MMA is percieved compared to boxing. you absoloute ****. that last word means cretin.[/quote']

Why did you bother posting? Rewording your position does not make it more valid...

HOW would it be detrimental? Would anyone really care? Would you stop supporting mma? Do you think any mma fans would?

Do you really think Randy is still fighting at the top level of the sport? He barely got by Vera who was demolished by an up and comer. He had a great battle with Noguera who then was also destroyed by a relatively new fighter. Lets face it, this is a battle between 2 past greats and proves nothing about boxers vs mma fighters in the present day.

If Toney wins all it will do is give keyboard warriors something to talk about. Do you really think Dana would give Toney a shot if his winning meant the UFC would be negatively impacted?

Do you think you know more about the MMA business than Dana White?

If you are going to reply then please answer some questions or say something meaningful. Rewording your position only reinforces the impression that you are a parrot with no real thought process of your own.

Why did you bother posting? Rewording your position does not make it more valid...

HOW would it be detrimental? Would anyone really care? Would you stop supporting mma? Do you think any mma fans would?

Do you really think Randy is still fighting at the top level of the sport? He barely got by Vera who was demolished by an up and comer. He had a great battle with Noguera who then was also destroyed by a relatively new fighter. Lets face it' date=' this is a battle between 2 past greats and proves nothing about boxers vs mma fighters in the present day.

If Toney wins all it will do is give keyboard warriors something to talk about. Do you really think Dana would give Toney a shot if his winning meant the UFC would be negatively impacted?

Do you think you know more about the MMA business than Dana White?

If you are going to reply then please answer some questions or say something meaningful. Rewording your position only reinforces the impression that you are a parrot with no real thought process of your own.[/quote']

One way or another it would suck if randy lost. Plain and simple

Archived