Just a reminder on why some of us left boxing and came to MMA

Brady969

For those of you complaining that the fighters aren't banking millions a fight. Here's a reminder on why boxing is dead. I'd like to pay tribute to some of the people that helped kill boxing.

king_don.jpg

floyd-mayweather1_1_1_1.jpg

celeb-miketyson.jpg

and last but not least

boxing.jpg

YEP, BOXING KILLED BOXING!

Feel free to add to the list of culprits that helped kill boxing and made MMA number 1.

Boxing haters are ****rs..I am a MMA fan Boxing is weak Blah Blah Blah.. Go pick a fight with a boxer with your MMA watching on TV skills and watch your face get danced on.. I love both and think Boxing will be back its just lacking some talent but if a good heavyweight comes along everybody will watch..

Boxing has only been around for hundreds of years but it's dying right? This crap is really getting old from die-hard MMA fans. You guys do realize that it's ok to like both sports right? And like it or not with the Super 6 tournament going on right now, a possible Mayweather/Pac bout on the horizon, and a endless supply of young talent in the amateur ranks, boxing will always be around!

Oh and to the OP, Way to put Mayweather up there for killing boxing when he only sells a million PPV's virtually every time he fights now. Thats a good job! Way to do your research.

Oh, and Mike Tyson is literally one of the best things to ever happen to boxing. Crushing K.O power from the time he came in as an amateur up until the time he went psycho and lost it all. NOBODY in the history of the sport has had more opponents beat before they even stepped into the ring as Tyson did. Ali use to get inside your head with words, but Tyson literally had you done before the bell even rang. And just so you know, If Tyson fought right now, regardless of opponent, He would sell more PPV's than any mixed martial artist in the game right now.

Boxing has, is, and will always be around. If you can't enjoy it fine. But to say it's dead or dying is just stupidity.

Also before you start talking about boxing being fixed, you might want to point the same finger at MMA considering Pride was notorious for fighters being drugged and paid off.

Oh and to the OP' date=' Way to put Mayweather up there for killing boxing when he only sells a million PPV's virtually every time he fights now. Thats a good job! Way to do your research.

Oh, and Mike Tyson is literally one of the best things to ever happen to boxing. Crushing K.O power from the time he came in as an amateur up until the time he went psycho and lost it all. [/quote']

You just don't understand why he put tyson and mayweather on there. But both were just symptoms of the disease.

You just don't understand why he put tyson and mayweather on there. But both were just symptoms of the disease.

Why because Mayweather talks **** and hypes a fight, (Nobody in MMA does that right?) and in the process makes millions. Sounds like there is a lot of jealousy on this forum towards boxing because it's still doing better than MMA and will ALWAYS continue to do better. I love both sports but get real people.

I definitely agree about Don King, but Floyd Mayweather is doing nothing to harm the sport today(unless you count not fighting Pacman, which is debatable as to who's fault that really is, and I'm sure it'll happen eventually anyway), and Mike Tyson revitalized the sport single-handedly for a while.

If anyone's to blame for the problems in boxing today, it's the promoters and the commisions.

Why because Mayweather talks **** and hypes a fight' date=' (Nobody in MMA does that right?) and in the process makes millions. Sounds like there is a lot of jealousy on this forum towards boxing because it's still doing better than MMA and will ALWAYS continue to do better. I love both sports but get real people.[/quote']

If fixed fights, 4 champs per weight class, paper champs, champs that won't fight, and corruption on every level is your idea of a good sport then by all means watch it.

Archived