Carwin says "lights out" Will Carwin be another Duffee??

xImportantThreadsx

Carwin has been on a streak knocking people out left and right and quickly. He has never left the first round without knocking his opponent out in the ufc and i for one think that if he doesnt finish Brock in the first he might gass in the second or third like ive seen so many times with other fighters in my mma experience...then the r@pe begins. So now do you guys think theres a chance Carwin could get knocked out and noobs start saying "what an upset"? or is Carwin ready to go to a second/third round?

Carwin has been on a streak knocking people out left and right and quickly. He has never left the first round without knocking his opponent out in the ufc and i for one think that if he doesnt finish Brock in the first he might gass in the second or third like ive seen so many times with other fighters in my mma experience...then the r@pe begins. So now do you guys think theres a chance Carwin could get knocked out and noobs start saying "what an upset"? or is Carwin ready to go to a second/third round?

How can Carwin become another Duffee? Duffee had one fight in the UFC and not much else to his resume. Carwin already has established a base as a consistent first round finisher, not a once-in-a-lifetime-7-second-knock-out-fluketard

Ready for a 2nd and 3rd? I think so.

I really don't think Carwin is too far from the same athletic ability as Brock. I don't think Carwin is quite the freak of nature Brock is, but he's pretty close. We've never had the chance to see Carwin move on the ground, or charge across the ring like we have Brock. Carwins fights are over too fast. The only scrambling I've ever seen of him was the 5 seconds it took him to get off of his back when Gonzaga was on top of him, then we all know what happened there.

Carwin seems like one those guys, like Brock, that is just fueled by the adrenaline of competition, and displaying his dominance. Both of these guys are going to smash into each other like a ton of bricks, and I think it can go either way. I can see both of these guys giving it their all for 25 minutes. Will it last that long? Highly doubt it.

No, Carwin is not comparable to Duffee given Carwin resides at the top of the division and Duffee is just getting his foot in the door.

I don't think Carwin's cardio is going to make a difference one way or the other. I don't see him stuffing Lesnar's take down 10 seconds into the fight or 24 minutes in.

Now, at the same time I don't think Lesnar is going to shoot in as fast as everyone thinks either. IN fact I think you may see him try to stand. Where it goes from there is anyone's guess and not the lopsided stand up battle so many would have you think would occur.

Ready for a 2nd and 3rd? I think so.

I really don't think Carwin is too far from the same athletic ability as Brock. I don't think Carwin is quite the freak of nature Brock is' date=' but he's pretty close. We've never had the chance to see Carwin move on the ground, or charge across the ring like we have Brock. Carwins fights are over too fast. The only scrambling I've ever seen of him was the 5 seconds it took him to get off of his back when Gonzaga was on top of him, then we all know what happened there.

Carwin seems like one those guys, like Brock, that is just fueled by the adrenaline of competition, and displaying his dominance. Both of these guys are going to smash into each other like a ton of bricks, and I think it can go either way. I can see both of these guys giving it their all for 25 minutes. Will it last that long? Highly doubt it.[/quote']

Nice post, man.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Carwin is an excellent wrestler with great punches. Lesnar has lunchboxes for hands, but they aren't as deadly as Carwin's. The only way Brock can win this fight is by laying on top of Carwin for 25 minutes.

How can Carwin become another Duffee? Duffee had one fight in the UFC and not much else to his resume. Carwin already has established a base as a consistent first round finisher' date=' not a once-in-a-lifetime-7-second-knock-out-fluketard[/quote']

im not talking about the resume, im talking about the hype and the surprise it was to noobs like urself.

im not talking about the resume' date=' im talking about the hype and the surprise it was to noobs like urself.[/quote']

carwin and duffee are completely different fighters in completely different ranks in the HW division. your thread is terrible, and you appear to be the noob.

Nice post' date=' man.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that Carwin is an excellent wrestler with great punches. Lesnar has lunchboxes for hands, but they aren't as deadly as Carwin's. The only way Brock can win this fight is by laying on top of Carwin for 25 minutes.[/quote']

lesnar has power enough to tko carwin

I am a Carwin fan. Have been since he started in UFC. But Just like Mike Tyson, he will more than likely suffer a defeat sooner or later. I hope Carwin kicks Brock's **** but that doesn't mean I don't think Brock can take him. Just from what I've seen, I see no comparison between Carwin & Duffee. Duffee has been hit once in the UFC & dropped. Carwin has been hit & seems to deal with it pretty damn good I think. But I am anxious to see Duffee fight a few more times to see if he has a glass jaw or not.

yeah but he isn't technical enough to actually KO carwin. the only way he will KO carwin is with a lucky prayer of a punch

Lesnar has the chance to TKO anybody if he gets them on the ground, except maybe Fedor ;)

Archived