Question about wrestling

vangough

Ok im alil confuesed i was read/watching some stuff about carwin vs lesnar And from what i have looked in to Div 1 and Div 2 the is a big diffrence and Brocks wrestling back ground is far better then Carwin. But on the furms here i have heard people say there is no diffrence really in the to ,,,If there is a Huge diff the really the only way carwin has to win this fight is a lucky pounch befor a take down?

The only difference between division I and D.II schools is the size of the school according to attendance. Carwin chose to go to a smaller school because it was better academically and had a great engineering/architectural department.

I could list a page full of hall of fame athletes who dominated on a pro level in their sports who went to D.II schools.

Jerry Rice should say enough.

I am not convinced that since Brock beat up smaller college kids 15 years or so ago that he is automatically the wrestling machine everyone assumes. Carwin on the other hand has stayed with a training regimen and practicing his skills for that entire time.In what little wrestling we have seen from both of them in their careers, Brock has got a great double leg, and is good at using his size to maintain postion, but Shane has successfully used several mmore wrestling skills and techniques. Defense (Brock couldn't defend against Couture) reversals, greco clinch, all go to Carwin.

So in all honesty, from a purely analytical point of view, Brock may have a power advantage, maybe, but Carwin has a sizable skill and technique edge.

Good night Brock!

Ok im alil confuesed i was read/watching some stuff about carwin vs lesnar And from what i have looked in to Div 1 and Div 2 the is a big diffrence and Brocks wrestling back ground is far better then Carwin. But on the furms here i have heard people say there is no diffrence really in the to ' date=',,If there is a Huge diff the really the only way carwin has to win this fight is a lucky pounch befor a take down?[/quote']

One thing not to over look. Lesner is 106-5 in his collegiate wrestling career. Impressive for sure.

56 of his wins though were not Div 1, but NJCAA at Bismark Junior College.

The only difference between division I and D.II schools is the size of the school according to attendance. Carwin chose to go to a smaller school because it was better academically and had a great engineering/architectural department.

I could list a page full of hall of fame athletes who dominated on a pro level in their sports who went to D.II schools.

Jerry Rice should say enough.

I am not convinced that since Brock beat up smaller college kids 15 years or so ago that he is automatically the wrestling machine everyone assumes. Carwin on the other hand has stayed with a training regimen and practicing his skills for that entire time.In what little wrestling we have seen from both of them in their careers' date=' Brock has got a great double leg, and is good at using his size to maintain postion, but Shane has successfully used several mmore wrestling skills and techniques. Defense (Brock couldn't defend against Couture) reversals, greco clinch, all go to Carwin.

So in all honesty, from a purely analytical point of view, Brock may have a power advantage, maybe, but Carwin has a sizable skill and technique edge.

Good night Brock![/quote']

Couture is not a bad wrestler himself.

Archived