Few things for Lesnar Fans to consider

otan

I'm not a Brock hater nor do I think he doesn't have a good chance of wining . But after all the 'technical' analysis of 116 I read here, Ican't help but post a few facts Brock fans seem to not get or chose to ignore.

1. he hasn't fought in a looong time

2. the reason he hasn't fought in a long time is because he was SICK. very sick at that.

3. If Randy who is really a 205 lb fighter can tie him up against the cage for over 2 rounds what make you guys think Carwin won't and can't do the same?

Out of the 3 I listed what amazes me is no one seem to talk about the fact he hasn't fought in a while because he was serious sick. If this was any other fighter we'd have people posting all over the place about what kind shape he will be in on fight day. I guess in case of Brock no one cares since he is 'super human'? Well maybe he is, he will need to be to win imo.

ring rust may play into it but Brock is have practice fights at his Gym 40 so far SCO can correct me if im wrong....And when you talk about cage controll who cant randy controll ?? No one in MMA has beinable to controll guys like randy can not sure how he does it i think its magic.....

First of all the only thing that can be a factor in your list is Ringrust other than that he has been working on his clinch and other things with couture. that sickness was a kinda of a longtime ago so i dont see it being a big factor other than he could get gassed but i doubt it good try tho

Yea i think brocks mind set is unreal at this point he has said things like i cant be beat im invicable and his focus is so intense the man to beat brock is going to have to bring it hard and im not to sure when he is let off his leash he can be beat for a long time.Brock has themind set to be the best i dont think you can break his will to win so i think they plays into all listed above he is a scarry dude

2. the reason he hasn't fought in a long time is because he was SICK. very sick at that.

3. If Randy who is really a 205 lb fighter can tie him up against the cage for over 2 rounds what make you guys think Carwin won't and can't do the same?

my OPINIONS:

1. This is a factor. Now, given he's in the infancy stages of learning aspects other than wrestling and given he's been bringing some people in to work this could work out to be an actual advantage. Again, it could work against him as well.

2. Yes, again a possible negative. As one poster who had this illness said though it's quite possible (not just hype actually possible) that Lesnar was fighting and really was not as healthy as he currently is. Again, it's possible you are right and he hasn't recovered well.

3. I would expect Lesnar to be much more well versed in escaping the clinch thanks to his work with Couture. Although his time with Randy was short Lesnar appears to be a driven quick learner.

extra: It was reported in a thread Peter Welch has been working Lesnar's striking. I can't comment on the legitimacy but if this is true it can only help a guy who has demonstrated he can knock people down with short punches or bigger ones. I think this is going to be an x-factor in this fight along with so many others.

First of all the only thing that can be a factor in your list is Ringrust other than that he has been working on his clinch and other things with couture. that sickness was a kinda of a longtime ago so i dont see it being a big factor other than he could get gassed but i doubt it good try tho

Dude are you from New Mexico???????

Carwin isn't a Greco Roman wrestler like Couture is.

Couture's had years in that form of wrestling. He knows what to do in the clinch and in stand up grappling. Carwin, on the other hand, is a freestyle wrestler. He will never be as good as Couture is in the clinch...unless by some miracle he is a freak of nature like GSP.

I think it's also good to note how both fighters dealt with Frank Mir. Lesnar lost to a smaller Mir (240ish), and then beat him in the 2nd round the next fight. Carwin fought a much bigger and improved Mir (265), yet did a much better job of demolishing him.

Just another thing to analyze.

I think it's also good to note how both fighters dealt with Frank Mir. Lesnar lost to a smaller Mir (240ish)' date=' and then beat him in the 2nd round the next fight. Carwin fought a much bigger and improved Mir (265), yet did a much better job of demolishing him.

Just another thing to analyze.[/quote']

I don't know if you can say a better Mir.

Mir was no doubt physically superior than when he faced Brock, but mentally he wasn't even at 50%. He was way too focused on Lesnar instead of focusing on his opponent, Shane Carwin.

I agree. From the interviews and footage, I would say Mir was more emotionally driven, rather than tactically analyzing how he needed to train in order to get another fight at Brock.

I felt bad for Mir after the fight. I know he wanted it bad, and he trained hard, but he didn't seem like he ever had the slightest chance. Carwin just did what he wanted, with nearly no resistance.

I'm not a Brock hater nor do I think he doesn't have a good chance of wining . But after all the 'technical' analysis of 116 I read here' date=' Ican't help but post a few facts Brock fans seem to not get or chose to ignore.

Out of the 3 I listed what amazes me is no one seem to talk about the fact he hasn't fought in a while because he was serious sick. If this was any other fighter we'd have people posting all over the place about what kind shape he will be in on fight day. I guess in case of Brock no one cares since he is 'super human'? Well maybe he is, he will need to be to win imo.[/quote']\

Im going to answer all three of your points

1. NO s8it sherlock. How long did it take for you to figure that out

2. Again no **** sherlock. How long did it take for you to figure that out and he isn't sick no more

3. Randy Couture is a better grappler, wresler, and better at clinch that Shane Carwin. And size doesn't matter with those 3 things.

I think it's also good to note how both fighters dealt with Frank Mir. Lesnar lost to a smaller Mir (240ish)' date=' and then beat him in the 2nd round the next fight. Carwin fought a much bigger and improved Mir (265), yet did a much better job of demolishing him.

Just another thing to analyze.[/quote']

First of all Frank Mir went into that fight over 260. He gained about 5 to 10 pounds after weighins and I think its pretty funny how you say 240 because me and the rest of the forum are curious to find out where in the he11 you got that number at. Also unless your god, which you arent you wouldn't know if he was more skilled in Lesnar fight or Carwin fight again unless your god or you know these guys personally which again you don't.

I'm a Carwin fan but Coutures a Greco-Roman Gold medalist Shane is not

I don't ever remember reading anything of Couture winning a Gold Medal in Greco-Roman wrestling. I know he was an Olympic alternate' date=' but that's about as far as he got.

I agree. From the interviews and footage, I would say Mir was more emotionally driven, rather than tactically analyzing how he needed to train in order to get another fight at Brock.

I felt bad for Mir after the fight. I know he wanted it bad, and he trained hard, but he didn't seem like he ever had the slightest chance. Carwin just did what he wanted, with nearly no resistance.

Eh. you're telling me how bad you felt...Imagine me. I'm a HUGE Frank Mir fan. He gained the strength necessary to compliment his almost flawless technique. He just wasn't 100% in that fight...

I hope to see the heavyweight belt wrapped around his waste again. Will it happen? Probably not. I can still hope though.

I don't ever remember reading anything of Couture winning a Gold Medal in Greco-Roman wrestling. I know he was an Olympic alternate' date=' but that's about as far as he got.

Eh. you're telling me how bad you felt...Imagine me. I'm a HUGE Frank Mir fan. He gained the strength necessary to compliment his almost flawless technique. He just wasn't 100% in that fight...

I hope to see the heavyweight belt wrapped around his waste again. Will it happen? Probably not. I can still hope though.[/quote']

Frank Mir is by far one of the best at submissions in the UFC Heavyweight division. That means he needs to use that great quality of his and the only way for that to happen is if he excels at wrestling. Frank Mir needs to find a great wrestling coach and just wrestle and wrestle because if he can get a takedown then every knows how good Frank is when hes on top of someone, but the problem with him now is that he can't get there, but thats why he needs to get a wrestling coach who knows what hes doing.

First of all Frank Mir went into that fight over 260. He gained about 5 to 10 pounds after weighins and I think its pretty funny how you say 240 because me and the rest of the forum are curious to find out where in the he11 you got that number at. Also unless your god' date=' which you arent you wouldn't know if he was more skilled in Lesnar fight or Carwin fight again unless your god or you know these guys personally which again you don't.[/quote']

The weigh-in results for Lesnar vs Mir 2 have Mir at 245. I'm assuming that since he would not need to cut weight, he would be the same or near the same weight when entering the Octagon the next day.

Frank Mir put on over 20 pounds of mass since his fights with Lesnar. He was extremely driven to get his 3rd fight with Brock, so one can assume he would further his skills in order to make it happen. If it's really that important to know 'for sure' whether he was more skilled or not, then go for it. I'll stick to my assumptions, and you can have yours.

Frank Mir is by far one of the best at submissions in the UFC Heavyweight division. That means he needs to use that great quality of his and the only way for that to happen is if he excels at wrestling. Frank Mir needs to find a great wrestling coach and just wrestle and wrestle because if he can get a takedown then every knows how good Frank is when hes on top of someone' date=' but the problem with him now is that he can't get there, but thats why he needs to get a wrestling coach who knows what hes doing.[/quote']

I agree with everything you said.

Mir is incredible on the ground, but his wrestling has never been very strong. He needs to better his takedowns so he can dictate where the fights take place.

I agree with everything you said.

Mir is incredible on the ground' date=' but his wrestling has never been very strong. He needs to better his takedowns so he can dictate where the fights take place.[/quote']

Im a huge Frank Mir fan. Hes bar none one of the best at submissions in Heavyweight division. Frank Mir is on top of you and only bad things can happen. He is great at moving positions and submissions. However his earlier fights have gone to the ground yet he was unconisious when he got there. Frank Mir just needs to focus on what he is bad at and that is wrestling. He is a good techinal striker, and Ive already told you guys what he can do on the ground, but he just needs to get there without being dead already.

Archived