The Crippler in for Wandy at UFC 116

cripplerfan1988

Here is a source to say that Chris Leben will step in on short notice to take on Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 just days after fighting at TUF 11 Finale.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19650/chris-leben-agrees-to-replace-injured-wanderlei-silva-in-ufc-116-co-main-event.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)

If this is true then you have to love Leben for how game he is after saying that he was in no rush to step back into the Octagon as he wanted to improve as a martial artist. This is a huge opportunity for Chris after a career saving win over Simpson on Saturday if he were to beat Akiyama then surely he would be considered far more than a gatekeeper in the UFC's 185 division.

If this fight takes place then I would like to wish the best of luck to The Crippler.

Here is a source to say that Chris Leben will step in on short notice to take on Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 116 just days after fighting at TUF 11 Finale.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19650/chris-leben-agrees-to-replace-injured-wanderlei-silva-in-ufc-116-co-main-event.mma?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)

If this is true then you have to love Leben for how game he is after saying that he was in no rush to step back into the Octagon as he wanted to improve as a martial artist. This is a huge opportunity for Chris after a career saving win over Simpson on Saturday if he were to beat Akiyama then surely he would be considered far more than a gatekeeper in the UFC's 185 division.

If this fight takes place then I would like to wish the best of luck to The Crippler.

yes we noooooooooooooooooo

now now fella's whatever happen to "pardon me sir but your thread is a bit behind in the times, perhaps you didnt know this was already a topic".. "ah good sir you are correct, i did not realize the news had already been announced my sincere appologies, and thanks for the words" .. solved :P

now now fella's whatever happen to "pardon me sir but your thread is a bit behind in the times' date=' perhaps you didnt know this was already a topic".. "ah good sir you are correct, i did not realize the news had already been announced my sincere appologies, and thanks for the words" .. solved :P[/quote']

Haha awesome!

Well I hadn't heard that!! DANG!! I was lookin' foreward to that fight. I don't think it's a good idea for Leben to take the fight so soon, since he just fought last Saturday! But should be a good fight anyway. Thanks for the info.

Damn dude, hats off to Leben for taking a fight against a very tough opponent on a less than two week lay-off. Seriously man that guy has some ****ing balls, this should be a very entertaining fight as well. Hoping Leben can pull it off but don't quite see it happening.

Well I hope Leben wins, that way we'll get (I hope) Wand vs Leben, because someone would be getting KTFO for sure, and possibly Akiyama vs Belcher 2, seeing as the first fight was pretty controversial and it would be a good way for Belcher to prove he deserves a title shot. Joe Silva would be ****ing awesome if he made those fights happen.

now now fella's whatever happen to "pardon me sir but your thread is a bit behind in the times' date=' perhaps you didnt know this was already a topic".. "ah good sir you are correct, i did not realize the news had already been announced my sincere appologies, and thanks for the words" .. solved :P[/quote']

lol...

1. Why did Wandy pull out?

2. I don't think this is a smart move on Leben's part. His last fight was a tough one and although I don't know much about his opponent at 116 i'm guessing he's no walk in the park given he was fighting Wandy. I like Leben and loved seeing him finish Simpson but it wasn't an easy fight for him.

Archived