Is it just me or does everyone else think the word "noob" is getting old.

Smooth_Criminal81

I mean it's 2010 people surely we can come up with a replacement word for noob. Its getting over used and frankly im sick of hearing it. How about pinhead or Youdontknowwhatthe****you'retalkingabout.

Ok, those suck but im sure some of you guys can come up with something to replace this abomination of a word. It's time to bury the word "noob" It had a good run but it's time for it to go to that big word bank in the sky.

So what are some good replacements for it?

I mean it's 2010 people surely we can come up with a replacement word for noob. Its getting over used and frankly im sick of hearing it. How about pinhead or Youdontknowwhatthe****you'retalkingabout.

Ok' date=' those suck but im sure some of you guys can come up with something to replace this abomination of a word. It's time to bury the word "noob" It had a good run but it's time for it to go to that big word bank in the sky.

So what are some good replacements for it?[/quote']

Noob

Baby?

No' date=' really, I think noob was just quicker and sometimes less insulting than calling someone stupid or inknowledgeable. People take being called 'unknowledgeable' very personal and then try to explain who they are and their credentials, and it just goes sour and off topic from there.[/quote']

But you dont think it's getting a little played out?

Damn I mean just look at the front page, there is like 3 threads with noob in the title. I just think we can come up with something different.

Ok' date=' those suck but im sure some of you guys can come up with something to replace this abomination of a word. It's time to bury the word "noob" It had a good run but it's time for it to go to that big word bank in the sky.

How about their screen name? And then show them the way if needed.

The more people you call noobs, the longer they'll stay that way arguing and not studying on why they were called a noob in the first place.

How about their screen name? And then show them the way if needed.

The more people you call noobs' date=' the longer they'll stay that way arguing and not studying on why they were called a noob in the first place.[/quote']

That works also, it might make it more personal toward them and help them see the light a little better.

It's not even the meaning of the word that bothers me, it's the word itself. It's just said so ****ing often.

That works also' date=' it might make it more personal toward them and help them see the light a little better.

It's not even the meaning of the word that bothers me, it's the word itself. It's just said so ****ing often.[/quote']

True. I think if people are labeled "noobs", they just get more worked up and don't progress.

Thats like saying cool is getting to old lets think of a new word for it

Cool has many variations that people use such as awesome, great, sweet etc. etc.

Noob is pretty concrete and about the only word used when describing someone's non-exsistent knowledge on certain things.

Plus cool wasn't started by World of Warcraft fan boys! Atleast that's where South Park taught me it started. I may be wrong.

Cool has many variations that people use such as awesome' date=' great, sweet etc. etc.

Noob is pretty concrete and about the only word used when describing someone's non-exsistent knowledge on certain things.

Plus cool wasn't started by World of Warcraft fan boys! Atleast that's where South Park taught me it started. I may be wrong.[/quote']

it started back in rome caesar would ridicule his subjects by calling them noobs.

... I use scumbubble, bag-breath, & ****nose (trolling-noobs are the real virus)

Archived