The real questions about Carwin/Lesnar

Vendur

Carwin has always had a dominant position on the ground in his fights, what will his response be when he's on the bottom? Will he keep his composure and figure out a sweep/recovery? Will he go into turtle mode? alternatively, can Lesnar even beat Carwin's sprawl? Just how good is Carwin's wrestling?

Brock was rocked after getting hit by a solid shot from one of the weakest strikers in the heavy weight division and said it made him see a "tweety bird". What's he going to when Carwin's toaster fists crash into his skull? Will he be able to clinch and mitigated the barrage if he's rocked? Will he even be able to take the first solid shot without crumpling up?

Neither Brock nor Carwin has fought anyone even remotely similar to their opponent before this fight. And this fight will probably answer al these questions. It will be pretty interesting.

carwin has gotten up from being taken down. against gonzaga. but can he get up when roid-monkey takes him down? idk

You are right, he did get taken down for and controlled for a couple seconds by gonzaga, but I mean like dominant, dominant position, not just climbed on top of on the ground..

Carwin has always had a dominant position on the ground in his fights' date=' what will his response be when he's on the bottom? Will he keep his composure and figure out a sweep/recovery? Will he go into turtle mode? alternatively, can Lesnar even beat Carwin's sprawl? Just how good is Carwin's wrestling?

Brock was rocked after getting hit by a solid shot from one of the weakest strikers in the heavy weight division and said it made him see a "tweety bird". What's he going to when Carwin's toaster fists crash into his skull? Will he be able to clinch and mitigated the barrage if he's rocked? Will he even be able to take the first solid shot without crumpling up?

Neither Brock nor Carwin has fought anyone even remotely similar to their opponent before this fight. And this fight will probably answer al these questions. It will be pretty interesting.[/quote']

1. Lesnar never said that.

2. Mir has knocked out several fighters with one punch and is no where near one of the weakest strikers, and he landed a solid knee to the jaw that would have knocked out anyone else. Lesnar was not in the slightest rocked, he just grabbed Mir behind the knees and dumped him on his **** and beat him for Mirs effort.

Sorry bout your a mook. Carwin is by no stretch the best HW striker. He has decent power, **** technique and no defense. Go watch his fights again, he's a punching bag. Everyone who threw a punch at him, hit him. And Gonzaga knocked him down with a very weak punch.

Lesnar will take his head off with the first punch. Carwins only chance in this fight is to take Lesnar down and hope he is no good off his back. Standing or on his back Carwin loses this fight easy.

mir is not one of the weakest strikers in the HW division he has knock out power and has greatly improved his stand up and he was hit with a knee and he didnt look that rocked it definetly hurt but not rocked. if carwin was taken down by gonzaga lesnar can take him down and probably GnP him to a TKO regardless it will be a good fight

mir is not one of the weakest strikers in the HW division he has knock out power and has greatly improved his stand up and he was hit with a knee and he didnt look that rocked it definetly hurt but not rocked. if carwin was taken down by gonzaga lesnar can take him down and probably GnP him to a TKO regardless it will be a good fight

Name me 5 currently fighting UFC heavy weights with weaker striking than Mir.

You won't find them. It's not just about throwing "good looking" strikes, it's also about the power behind those strikes, which mir desperately lacks.

Name me 5 currently fighting UFC heavy weights with weaker striking than Mir.

You won't find them. It's not just about throwing "good looking" strikes' date=' it's also about the power behind those strikes, which mir desperately lacks.[/quote']

Mittrione

Rothwell

Struve

Hardonk

Nog

Mittrione -- 100% KO rate

Rothwell -- 40% KO rate

Struve --- 15% KO rate

Hardonk--30% ko rate

Mir = 13% KO rate.

Sorry, no cake for you.

Struve and nog are about the only guy on here I'd say is a wrose striker than Mir. Mittrione may not be technically great -- yet, but he's got far better power than Mir.

Because he said he saw tweety birds that doesn't mean he was "rocked"...

This is probably coming from the same people who say that Rampage wasn't rocked by Rashad.

WTF do you people consider rocked? He got hit with a knee, then continued to finish his takedown. He was not stopped, or phased. He was not at all rocked. Just because he got hit in the right spot and felt it does not mean he was "rocked". Stupid.

LOL you cant tell sarcasm? How about right afterwords when he says for maybe a half second and then i held him down in a position my training partners can get out of and he couldnt?

lol people cant tell sacarsm, its like when someone gets arrested and everything he says can and will be used against him in a court of trolls.

Lol. He hit nog with like 20 consecutive punches and still didn't knock him out' date=' and never even TKO'd or KO'd kongo.

WTF planet does your stupid **** live on?[/quote']

Maybe you should go watch those fights. Then you could say something worth responding to.

Sorry bout your a mook. Carwin is by no stretch the best HW striker. He has decent power' date=' **** technique and no defense. Go watch his fights again, he's a punching bag. Everyone who threw a punch at him, hit him. And Gonzaga knocked him down with a very weak punch. .[/quote']

Are you joking??? Decent power?? You must be high.. There's no way you can say he has just decent power.. I agree is technique is not great and neither is his defense.. but to say he just has decent power is just stupid

Are you joking??? Decent power?? You must be high.. There's no way you can say he has just decent power.. I agree is technique is not great and neither is his defense.. but to say he just has decent power is just stupid

No its just decent. one of his K.O. was a guy who weighs 206, the other was a tub of lard, and gonzaga. who was TKO'd by couture. who is again not a real heavy handed guy. He has never fought a single good tough opponent.

are you dumb he has better striking than all of them he is more of a technical striker than all of those people you lost kid admit it!

I assumed you were responding to me and trying to list guys who had better striking then him. Now that i went back and looked i see i am wrong. Nvm.

No its just decent. one of his K.O. was a guy who weighs 206' date=' the other was a tub of lard, and gonzaga. who was TKO'd by couture. who is again not a real heavy handed guy. He has never fought a single good tough opponent.[/quote']

2 KO's- Mir and Gonzaga; 3 if you count the HUGE right hand that sent wellisch's mouth piece flying... I agree Wain, Wellisch, and Gonzaga aren't near the best strikers, but still, he raped Mir, came back from a solid shot from Gonzaga to knock him out... I still think saying he power is decent is just silly

Mittrione -- 100% KO rate

Rothwell -- 40% KO rate

Struve --- 15% KO rate

Hardonk--30% ko rate

Mir = 13% KO rate.

Sorry' date=' no cake for you.

Struve and nog are about the only guy on here I'd say is a wrose striker than Mir. Mittrione may not be technically great -- yet, but he's got far better power than Mir.[/quote']

noooooo you're so dumb

Ya' date=' it just means he has an active imagination, like your mom when she calls you "special".[/quote']

Yes, my mother does call me special. She usually does when she walks into my room and I'm on top of your ape for a mother making her squeal while your half ret?rded fat pig for a father jerks off in the corner while humming Brocks entrance music and bumping his big head with eyes very far apart against the wall.

You eat c?m f?gg?t.

Yes' date=' my mother does call me special. She usually does when she walks into my room and I'm on top of your ape for a mother making her squeal while your half ret?rded fat pig for a father jerks off in the corner while humming Brocks entrance music and bumping his big head with eyes very far apart against the wall.

You eat c?m f?gg?t.[/quote']

All I can say is WOW

Carwin has always had a dominant position on the ground in his fights' date=' what will his response be when he's on the bottom? Will he keep his composure and figure out a sweep/recovery? Will he go into turtle mode? alternatively, can Lesnar even beat Carwin's sprawl? Just how good is Carwin's wrestling?

Neither Brock nor Carwin has fought anyone even remotely similar to their opponent before this fight. And this fight will probably answer al these questions. It will be pretty interesting.[/quote']

Fair questions. Personally the question I keep coming to is where is Carwins wrestling when compared to Lesnar. Carwin has a great camp and they'll no doubt be trying to work hard on taking Lesnars biggest asset (his ground game) away from him. Conversely I see Lesnar working with Cotoure which makes me think that he's preparing for a similar eventuality (ie clinch and dirty boxing). Can Carwin stuff the takedown attempts early and give himself a chance to land a few lunchboxes on Lesnars jaw? I think early he can but i doubt he can hold Lesnar off forever.

The second question I have for both fighters is their gas tank. I see a lot of people questioning Carwin in this regard, and they are right to do so he hasn't been pushed so far in his career fitness wise I do however note again he is with an excellent camp and I don't believe they would leave his conditioning to chance. I would ask similar questions of Brock, not because he isn't a tremendous athlete, but rather because it would be tough to push around that much muscle for too long without gassing to some extent.

Personally I think this is going to be a great fight, between two tremendous fighters, and while I will be rooting for Carwin I don't doubt for one second that Lesnar has the ability to take this fight away from him and end it savagely. imo this one is 50/50 but I'm hoping for an early round 2 stoppage in Carwins favor.

Fair questions. Personally the question I keep coming to is where is Carwins wrestling when compared to Lesnar. Carwin has a great camp and they'll no doubt be trying to work hard on taking Lesnars biggest asset (his ground game) away from him. Conversely I see Lesnar working with Cotoure which makes me think that he's preparing for a similar eventuality (ie clinch and dirty boxing). Can Carwin stuff the takedown attempts early and give himself a chance to land a few lunchboxes on Lesnars jaw? I think early he can but i doubt he can hold Lesnar off forever.

The second question I have for both fighters is their gas tank. I see a lot of people questioning Carwin in this regard' date=' and they are right to do so he hasn't been pushed so far in his career fitness wise I do however note again he is with an excellent camp and I don't believe they would leave his conditioning to chance. I would ask similar questions of Brock, not because he isn't a tremendous athlete, but rather because it would be tough to push around that much muscle for too long without gassing to some extent.

Personally I think this is going to be a great fight, between two tremendous fighters, and while I will be rooting for Carwin I don't doubt for one second that Lesnar has the ability to take this fight away from him and end it savagely. imo this one is 50/50 but I'm hoping for an early round 2 stoppage in Carwins favor.[/size']

Well said. Couldn't have put it better myself.

The second question I have for both fighters is their gas tank. I see a lot of people questioning Carwin in this regard' date=' and they are right to do so he hasn't been pushed so far in his career fitness wise I do however note again he is with an excellent camp and I don't believe they would leave his conditioning to chance. I would ask similar questions of Brock, not because he isn't a tremendous athlete, but rather because it would be tough to push around that much muscle for too long without gassing to some extent.

Personally I think this is going to be a great fight, between two tremendous fighters, and while I will be rooting for Carwin I don't doubt for one second that Lesnar has the ability to take this fight away from him and end it savagely. imo this one is 50/50 but I'm hoping for an early round 2 stoppage in Carwins favor.[/quote']

Finally someone who thinks Carwin can win who can actaully explain themselves in a half decent way. This kids a first

I find it extremely difficult to mentally picture Lesnar being pounded into a stoppage. If that really does happen, it will be one hell of a sight to see.

I guess the same could be said for Carwin. Both fighters have been so dominant, that it just makes it tough to imagine either of them being truly beaten up.

This forum is going to be going nuts late-night July 3rd.

Look doesn't matter if Carwin is standing up on top or on the bottom either which way Brock is getting ko'ed

I find it extremely difficult to mentally picture Lesnar being pounded into a stoppage. If that really does happen' date=' it will be one hell of a sight to see.

I guess the same could be said for Carwin. Both fighters have been so dominant, that it just makes it tough to imagine either of them being truly beaten up.

This forum is going to be going nuts late-night July 3rd.[/quote']

It's a little more realistic to see Carwin being pounded into a stoppage due to his fight against Gonzaga. Had that never happened, Carwin would look almost invincible.

It's a little more realistic to see Carwin being pounded into a stoppage due to his fight against Gonzaga. Had that never happened' date=' Carwin would look almost invincible.[/quote']

Definitely. It's a minor testament to his chin, given he didn't crumble, but he still got that look on his face, and allowed Gonzaga to get him down for a short while. I'm sure we'd all agree Brock hits quite a bit harder than the likes of Gonz, so hopefully Shane doesn't allow those Keg hands to touch his face like he did with Gonzaga, or else we'll be seeing a quick end.

Definitely. It's a minor testament to his chin' date=' given he didn't crumble, but he still got that look on his face, and allowed Gonzaga to get him down for a short while. I'm sure we'd all agree Brock hits quite a bit harder than the likes of Gonz, so hopefully Shane doesn't allow those Keg hands to touch his face like he did with Gonzaga, or else we'll be seeing a quick end.[/quote']

The thing that scares me is the fact that Carwin has very little head movement. Not only can he tag and drop Lesnar, but Lesnar returning the favor is a possibility as well. Lesnar has better...eh..."head movement" than Carwin. I'm not saying it's anything impressive, but it's still better. Carwin's face just sits there waiting for a punch.

By the way, I'm rooting for Carwin to win this fight.

I am too, man. I just like the guy. He has a far better attitude, and is just generally a more likable person. A working class hero, I suppose.

Good point...again, about the head movement. Hopefully he would have addressed that before the 3rd. You can tell he has gotten very accustomed to just waiting for his shot, rather than even contemplating a defense while striking.

I could also see Brock showing a little arrogance, and either letting his guard down, or just assuming Carwin doesn't have to power or striking ability to put him down. We've heard him say it. "I'm invincible." That attitude has already gotten to his head, so it's a very real possibility he drops his guard, takes a shot from Carwin, and sees dark.

Then there's the voice in my head saying "You wish."

Was that necessary?

We're simply talking about Brock vs Carwin. We're not offending anyone as far as I know.

yeah it is actually, it's reaaaaallyy annoying to see 30 threads a day about brock/carwin & everybody arguing & thinking they are 100% right. so what's even the point if your not going to convince anyone. It's going to be a good fight & what will happen will happen I've had about enough debating about this person hits harder than this person ohh can he handle it I dont think so he has no chin! Your dumb you don't know anythig blah blah blah blah blah blah

yeah it is actually' date=' it's reaaaaallyy annoying to see 30 threads a day about brock/carwin & everybody arguing & thinking they are 100% right. so what's even the point if your not going to convince anyone. It's going to be a good fight & what will happen will happen I've had about enough debating about this person hits harder than this person ohh can he handle it I dont think so he has no chin! Your dumb you don't know anythig blah blah blah blah blah blah[/quote']

Scroll up and read. LT_Chaos and I never once argued. We were stating points that may be a factor on fight night. We were actually discussing *Gasp* the fight and what might actually happen. That's something you don't see in many threads.

We don't know what's going to happen, you're right. But that's what the forums are for. So we can discuss any and all upcoming fights.

yeah it is actually' date=' it's reaaaaallyy annoying to see 30 threads a day about brock/carwin & everybody arguing & thinking they are 100% right. so what's even the point if your not going to convince anyone. It's going to be a good fight & what will happen will happen I've had about enough debating about this person hits harder than this person ohh can he handle it I dont think so he has no chin! Your dumb you don't know anythig blah blah blah blah blah blah[/quote']

Well if you payed any attention, you would realize we simply discussing possible outcomes of the fight. Nothing wrong with that. At least we're keeping it to a single thread. If you don't like the topic, or what we're discussing, then you can not click on the topic.

Archived