Hate is a "trend" on this forum

Doctor_Obviously

I'd appreciate if everone read this. So PLEASE READ:

Does anyone else get sick of people who come on these forums to just start hating because they think it's funny? Well, for them (and this is sad) I think it usually rings true, but it's becoming a trend. And there are a lot of followers on here because they can't think for themselves or be logical on anything.

Have a more open mind people. I'm not here to bash anyone, I just am curious to know why you people "hate" and also complain about a sport you say you "love". Why can't we just be rational? Look at both sides of a story and have a debate instead of having a biased opinion that usually eventually turns to insults. Then, the topic you were debating suddenly becomes forgettable and irrelevant. So why even start in the 1st place?

We are all human beings who got interested in MMA, came to this site to TALK, not fight....but a lot of people (not just the young kids), but guys in their 20s are prone to act like kids! Sometimes I wonder how old some of these people are and where is their maturity level and respect for a sport ABOUT respect?

Thank you for reading.

Cant we all just get along? ;) Just teasin ya' date=' Doc. Its healthy to argue sometimes also... a heated debate is a passionate one dont ya think?[/quote']

True, until it turns to insults and namecalling and forgetting about what you were debating in the first place. Key words: Open mind, intelligence, logistics, respect.

Does anyone else get sick of people who come on these forums to just start hating because they think it's funny? Well' date=' for them (and this is sad) I think it usually rings true, but it's becoming a trend. And there are a lot of followers on here because they can't think for themselves or be logical on anything.

Have a more open mind people. I'm not here to bash anyone, I just am curious to know why you people "hate" and also complain about a sport you say you "love". Why can't we just be rational? Look at both sides of a story and have a debate instead of having a biased opinion that usually eventually turns to insults. Then, the topic you were debating suddenly becomes forgettable and irrelevant. So why even start in the 1st place?

We are all human beings who got interested in MMA, came to this site to TALK, not fight....but a lot of people (not just the young kids), but guys in their 20s are prone to act like kids! Sometimes I wonder how old some of these people are and where is their maturity level and respect for a sport ABOUT respect?

Thank you for reading.[/quote']

agree i have noticed the same thing. and all the hate around certain fighters i mean how can you hate someone you have never met? i think everybody should respect all the fighters for what they do and make good fights for us fans to watch.

If people could stay more on the subject of each thread it would help as well. I see people bring fighters up all the time that the thread never intended to discuss and it gets old. Lesnar and Fedor are probably the biggest offenders (well the offenders use these two the most).

Long and short I agree drop the hate and honestly only a few make funny trolls. I've seen a trend where many try to be trolls and most suck at it aside from a few which are consistently funny.

I agree,but people don't care when it's behind a computer screen.Unfortunately.I love when people can

argue and view things on both sides of the coin.Instead of acting like they know it all.By just picking their

fighter to win.Then when they do.They basically say "I told you so".I do think the majority of people on

these forums are young,and put their age higher in their profile.What you put on this thread has been

exactly what has been on my mind.No matter what we type it won't change anything.It'll most likely

give reason for "trolls"(the special word on these forums) to rebel,and feed off of.I completely agree,and

me and you are on the exact same page.Hopefully the words you typed registered into some of these

peoples head.Sure a heated debate is fine.Just not immature foolish debates.

I agree' date='but people don't care when it's behind a computer screen.Unfortunately.I love when people can

argue and view things on both side of the coin.Instead of acting like they know it all.By just picking their

fighter to win.Then when they do.They basically say "I told you so".I do think the majority of people on

these forums are young,and put their age higher in their profile.What you put on this thread has been

exactly what has been on my mind.No matter what we type it won't change anything.It'll most likely

give reason for "trolls"(the special word on these forums) to rebel,and feed off of.I completely agree,and

me and you are on the exact same page.Hopefully the words you typed registered into some of these

peoples head.Sure a heated debate is fine.Just not immature foolish debates.[/quote']

If I can get a few people's attention, maybe eventually it'll catch on. I remember being a self-proclaimed know it all in my teen years, but the thing I learned was that at 32--I'm not done learning. Heads up kids.

Note: I'm not talking about everyone.

Another thing that gets me on this forum are the self proclaimed psychics who spout off about "So and so WILL destroy so and so". This is a sport (like most of the rest) where anything can happen.

Agreed anything can happen, but armed with knowledge of the fighters and facts there's nothing wrong with prognostication. Better than sitting on the fence. If you know something, share it and let us decide if it's worthy. :)

Agreed anything can happen' date=' but armed with knowledge of the fighters and facts there's nothing wrong with prognostication. Better than sitting on the fence. If you know something, share it and let us decide if it's worthy. :)[/quote']

If it's repetitive it's a different story.If it's stretched on and on with different threads.It's a

different story.When you have people making useless threads not even bringing facts to the

table.That's a whole different story.It gets kind of annoying these lame threads that are being

put out.Sure it makes things interesting,but after awhile.It gets pretty irritating.

If I can get a few people's attention' date=' maybe eventually it'll catch on. I remember being a self-proclaimed know it all in my teen years, but the thing I learned was that at 32--I'm not done learning. Heads up kids.[/quote']

holy crap im never fast enough to be the first to say this so im taking advantage of the situation.

WRONG SECTION. of course im only joking,please dont flame

Does anyone else get sick of people who come on these forums to just start hating because they think it's funny? Well' date=' for them (and this is sad) I think it usually rings true, but it's becoming a trend. And there are a lot of followers on here because they can't think for themselves or be logical on anything.

You are wise sensei...

If it's repetitive it's a different story.If it's stretched on and on with different threads.It's a

different story.When you have people making useless threads not even bringing facts to the

table.That's a whole different story.It gets kind of annoying these lame threads that are being

put out.Sure it makes things interesting' date='but after awhile.It gets pretty irritating.[/quote']

Well, yes. But making a bold statement in itself imo is acceptable if it meets the criteria I mentioned. When someone tries to shove it down your throat thinking if it's repeated enough you will just give in.... that's when people need to start just ignoring it and before you know it, the thread will be on page 10. Simple formula, but for some reason many just cant resist falling into the trap. :P

Well' date=' yes. But making a bold statement in itself imo is acceptable if it meets the criteria I mentioned. When someone tries to shove it down your throat thinking if it's repeated enough you will just give in.... that's when people need to start just ignoring it and before you know it, the thread will be on page 10. Simple formula, but for some reason many just cant resist falling into the trap. :P[/quote']

hahaha.So true.It's like it's their luring technique.They do it for attention.Then people deliver.

[b']We are all human beings who got interested in MMA, came to this site to TALK, not fight....but a lot of people (not just the young kids), but guys in their 20s are prone to act like kids![/b] Sometimes I wonder how old some of these people are and where is their maturity level and respect for a sport ABOUT respect?

Thank you for reading.

I only just turned 18 like a month ago. I do very little bashing. None, actually. I dont believe so anyway.

Im very new to the fourms and i do have to say i do alot of fedor bashing so i do have to take blame for some of it i joined the forums not to long ago and jumped right in to the bashing who is going to KO who stupid stuff i cant answer why i do it i guess i just feed off others and i do agree idiots like my self need to stop

Jesus Christ kid

crying_baby.jpg

I dunno about the ****-talking but some people like to joke around and tease people, if this bothers or offends you, well, I'm sorry. But, maybe you need to be offended, this is a public forum and there are ****s on every corner of the earth with access to the internet, learn to live with it my friend and don't take this stuff so seriously.

totally agree with the OP

sadly people all over the interent are far to quick to break down into a flame war its everywhere this forum any forum you go, videos on youtube... it's everywhere. to quote a film i cant remember which

the internet has given everyone a voice and everyone has chosen to use it

which as you quite rightly pointed out ruins the 'good' aspect of these types of forums to get a good/fun/interesting and in some cases an educational (to some) debate on such a unpredicatable sport

If I can get a few people's attention' date=' maybe eventually it'll catch on. I remember being a self-proclaimed know it all in my teen years, but the thing I learned was that at 32--I'm not done learning. Heads up kids.[/quote']

Knowledge is a beautiful thing that NO ONE can ever take away from you.

I've always wondered the same thing too. Is it really that hard to keep one's composure and to stay cool when you realize you may be wrong or you no longer have a rebuttal?

This forum would be a lot better if everyone was a little more respectful and left out the name calling and degrading comments.

Agreed. That's really what seems to be plaguing this forum..

It's not even about how these new members are new to the sport, but their unwillingness to maintain MMA conversations is what's getting old on this forum.. How would you like to want to talk, and read about MMA, only to have an entire thread taken over by 2 people who can't let some little argument go, which ends up getting others involved in their arguments and it's like a snowball effect.. Not just one thread, or one of my threads, but it's the trend with 85% of all threads on this forum.

They even give you a section where those discussions would be more welcomed, yet they still flood the main UFC forum with their irrelevant posts, and then have the nerve to get all defensive when you call them out on it. Turn it around on you like you're the bad guy for trying to elevate the quality of this forum.

We create the atmosphere on this site, we can make it a cool laid back MMA atmosphere, or we can flood it with hater discussions that don't have jack crap to do with MMA. Unfortunately it's not a great MMA atmosphere here.. It's being polluted by a bunch of BS, thrown around by what seems to be a bunch of bitter WWE fans, mad because they found out MMA is real and WWE isn't. It's like telling a kid Santa Clause isn't real, you just can't do that. These WWE fans have been traumatized now and here they are, taking out their frustrations on this forum and it's members.. There's a reason why UFC fighter's refuse to post on the UFC's official forum. They'd get no respect here.

Jesus Christ kid

crying_baby.jpg

I dunno about the ****-talking but some people like to joke around and tease people' date=' if this bothers or offends you, well, I'm sorry. But, maybe you need to be offended, this is a public forum and there are ****s on every corner of the earth with access to the internet, learn to live with it my friend and don't take this stuff so seriously.[/b']

Prime example of this thread.No one is taking it seriously.We're basically stating the

obvious.Maybe it'll give "some" peoples head a shake.Slim chances,but who knows.It

obviously didn't phase you huh.Obviously you played the victim role very well :rolleyes:

holy crap im never fast enough to be the first to say this so im taking advantage of the situation.

WRONG SECTION. of course im only joking' date='please dont flame

Well, this section gets more views and most of the hating goes on in this forum section, so I thought I'd post here. Mods haven't moved it yet and if they do, that's fine. If anything, I'd think they'd want to sticky something like this for all to read.

Jesus Christ kid

crying_baby.jpg

I dunno about the ****-talking but some people like to joke around and tease people' date=' if this bothers or offends you, well, I'm sorry. But, maybe you need to be offended, this is a public forum and there are ****s on every corner of the earth with access to the internet, learn to live with it my friend and don't take this stuff so seriously.[/b']

I see. You don't happen to be one of those haters I'm talking about are you? Instead of bringing in your personal take on what I'm actually talking about, you'd rather look like the bigger man and pretty much call me a crying kid.

I'm doing my best to try and keep peace with everyone. I'm not talking about the jokers on this site--I'm one of the biggest jokers on this forum! I'm talking about people who come into threads and basically in more or less words put it down because you think that's the cool thing to do and since you don't agree, insulting is the only defence mechanism you might have. Too bad. Thanks for stopping by.

And those of you who don't think this is a problem, may just be: Part of the problem.

Well' date=' this section gets more views and most of the hating goes on in this forum section, so I thought I'd post here. Mods haven't moved it yet and if they do, that's fine. If anything, I'd think they'd want to sticky something like this for all to read.

I see. You don't happen to be one of those haters I'm talking about are you? Instead of bringing in your personal take on what I'm actually talking about, you'd rather look like the bigger man and pretty much call me a crying kid.

I'm doing my best to try and keep peace with everyone. I'm not talking about the jokers on this site--I'm one of the biggest jokers on this forum! I'm talking about people who come into threads and basically in more or less words put it down because you think that's the cool thing to do and since you don't agree, insulting is the only defence mechanism you might have. Too bad. Thanks for stopping by.

And those of you who don't think this is a problem, may just be: Part of the problem.[/quote']

I 100% agree.If you're going to reply to a thread.Why not reply in a positive way.Or at least

have some quality input.Instead of posting garbage/pics.

Well' date=' this section gets more views and most of the hating goes on in this forum section, so I thought I'd post here. Mods haven't moved it yet and if they do, that's fine. If anything, I'd think they'd want to sticky something like this for all to read.

And those of you who don't think this is a problem, may just be: Part of the problem.[/quote']

Well, dude, no offense but your kind of acting like a crying kid.

My guess is a lot of the haters here are whiny little pre-teens. Just deal with it bro, how do you know they put things down just to be cool? How do you know it's their only defense mechanism? They're just being idiots, it's not that big of a deal dude. Rise above it.

And to answer your question, I'm not one of the those "haters" you seem to not be able to stand and I could really give a **** if I'm the bigger man. That image of that crying baby was merely to back my point about some people like to kid around and don't care either way if people think they're being constructive or just being a senseless idiot which seemed to be the impression you've got about me.

Well' date=' dude, no offense but your kind of acting like a crying kid.

My guess is a lot of the haters here are whiny little pre-teens. Just deal with it bro, how do you know they put things down just to be cool? How do you know it's their only defense mechanism? They're just being idiots, it's not that big of a deal dude. Rise above it.

And to answer your question, I'm not one of the those "haters" you seem to not be able to stand and I could really give a **** if I'm the bigger man. That image of that crying baby was merely to back my point about some people like to kid around and don't care either way if people think they're being constructive or just being a senseless idiot which seemed to be the impression you've got about me.[/quote']

You say rise above it like Dr.Phil.That isn't constructive at all.The thing is we are old

enough and pretty sure we're more open minded than you are.We can take into

consideration people act like idiots for attention/bored/Or just want to be a part of

something and feel special.So I don't get what you're trying to say.Saying someone is

crying definitely shows maturity?He's just saying something and isn't even close to

crossing the line of crying.I'd rather read this thread than read a bunch of useless bs any

day.Doctor Obviously is one of the most laid back neutral person on these forums.So give

it a rest.

Well' date=' dude, no offense but your kind of acting like a crying kid.

And to answer your question, I'm not one of the those "haters" you seem to not be able to stand and I could really give a **** if I'm the bigger man. That image of that crying baby was merely to back my point about some people like to kid around and don't care either way if people think they're being constructive or just being a senseless idiot which seemed to be the impression you've got about me.[/quote']

You don't get it. You're talking like I'm the only one thinking about this. You would rather just deal with all the b.s. going on instead of setting an example and being mature about it. And then have a logical discussion. I'm beginning to think you are just one of the people I'm talking about, otherwise you wouldn't get so defensive, but rather discuss what my thread is about. Again, I'm not talking about "kidders", it's worse than that. After your posts, I picture a poster like you to be an angry kid. Tell me, what's wrong? I want to be everyone's friend, I like to try and keep the peace, help out etc. I'm the last person on this forum to hate or dislike anyone.

Its true you cant change how people will be, especially over an internet forum. But its good to have some positive neutral people like the Doc around. Sure its impossible to always keep the peace, but at least he and others can influence a better atmosphere.

Amazing that some will come to a thread like this just to trash on Doc for trying to promote a calmer forum... shame on you!

Doctor Obviously is one of the most laid back neutral person on these forums.So give it a rest.

Thanks BM. We haven't talked much' date=' but you see what happened? Is SpagMo paying attention? You didn't kiss my ****, you gave me a compliment. I just got a deja vu while typing this. Anyway, you came into this thread, you didn't have to agree, but you were mature about it and gave your honest friendly opinion.

All love here, thanks for the awesome avatar pic.

I can't take credit for that, if you're referring to me. Love that avatar, but not my work.

Thanks BM. We haven't talked much' date=' but you see what happened? Is SpagMo paying attention? You didn't kiss my ****, you gave me a compliment. I just got a deja vu while typing this. Anyway, you came into this thread, you didn't have to agree, but you were mature about it and gave your honest friendly opinion.

I can't take credit for that, if you're referring to me. Love that avatar, but not my work.[/quote']

yeah nothing to complain about ya man.Not only that who else can make such an fascinating

photo shop thread.I hope that thread is stickied.

Oh my mistake' date=' love all of your other work though, keep it up. Definately entertaining.[/quote']

yeah nothing to complain about ya man.Not only that who else can make such an fascinating

photo shop thread.I hope that thread is stickied.

That being said, I think I'm going to focus most of my attention to create more shops, now that I've found a new program (thanks Ex9). Thank you guys.

Archived