Chris Leben

MarDawg

I was thinking since Leben is coming off of a nice TKO win over undefeated Aaron Simpson. And now just 14 days after that fight hes going to take on Akiyama in the Co-Mainevent of UFC 116. If he can beat Akiyama in an impressive fasion he definitly will be in the title picture (after Anderson Silva beats Sonnen and Belfort than moves up to LHW division and vacates the title). I know there are a lot of other top fighters in the middleweight division like

Sonnen

Belfort

Wandy

Palhares

Marquardt

Bisping

Munoz

Okami

Maia

Belcher

But i think Leben could be a real threat with his powerful striking and great chin.

Thoughts??

We don't need anymore title contenders we need Silva to either have a superfight with GSP ir move up to LHW.

wow thats a dumb comment thats like saying okay anderson silva nevers needs to be challenged at MW and he will be the champion forever and ever until he retires... but i do agree that he needs to fight gsp or shogun

So when silva beats sonnen' date=' then he moves up and vacates the middleweight title, how bout an eight man tournament? or would dana say no cause strikeforce is already doing that?[/quote']

i would love an 8 man tournament for the middleweight title it would be awesome. Any fighter could win because with A Silva gone the middleweight division has a lot of people who could easily win.

I was thinking since Leben is coming off of a nice TKO win over undefeated Aaron Simpson. And now just 14 days after that fight hes going to take on Akiyama in the Co-Mainevent of UFC 116. If he can beat Akiyama in an impressive fasion he definitly will be in the title picture (after Anderson Silva beats Sonnen and Belfort than moves up to LHW division and vacates the title). I know there are a lot of other top fighters in the middleweight division like

Sonnen

Belfort

Wandy

Palhares

Marquardt

Bisping

Munoz

Okami

Maia

Belcher

But i think Leben could be a real threat with his powerful striking and great chin.

Thoughts??

I doubt he will be in line for a title shot if he wins,but he will definately move up the ladder.

seriously Leben would have to avenge his loss to A.Silva to get the title. Cuz if he doesn't and he finds a way to get the belt after Silva vacates the title to move up, it'd be like a freagin joke for the division. It's like ok the guy who was the most horribly destroyed is now the champ only because the actual champ moved his **** up in weight. Leben could never get any respect as a champ. It has to be someone else.

Archived