Brock Lesnar: "Carwins Div 2 wrestling not nearly good enough to succeed in Div 1"

SCOver2

Actually the quote is:

"I was a Division 1 national champion, Shane was a division 2 national champion. I think anybody that witnesses the NCAA tournaments, and if they go to the division 1 and the division 2 tournament, there's a huge difference in the tournament. There's a huge difference in the wrestling. Is there some division 2 national champions that could beat a division 1 national champion? A handful maybe. Is Shane Carwin one of those guys? Absolutely not"

Lesnars wrestling will completely outclass Shanes on the 3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_0stISI4rw

Actually the quote is:

"Only a handful of Div 2 wrestlers could succeed in Div 1' date=' and Shane Carwin is definitely not one of them". but couldn't fit it.

Lesnar goes on to say: "Who's going to win on the 3rd? Obviously me."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_0stISI4rw[/quote']

That's not what he said, idjut. He said handful of div 2 champs could beat div 1 champs.

But the thing is, there are no division 1 champs who also play football. They don't allow it. Shane played football AND wrestled. It's actually possible carwin is a better wrestler than Lesnar.

STFU already, and pull your mouth off Lesnar's Cawk. Every f4cking thread you made is the same sh1t. Are you gonna hang yourself if he lost? Are you gonna cry yourself to sleep when he get KTFO? Do you want to meet Lestard just swallow his ****? You're too f4cking obsessed with this tard, get a life kid.

STFU already' date=' and pull your mouth off Lesnar's Cawk. Every f4cking thread you made is the same sh1t. Are you gonna hang yourself if he lost? Are you gonna cry yourself to sleep when he get KTFO? Do you want to meet Lestard just swallow his ****? You're too f4cking obsessed with this tard, get a life kid.[/quote']I'm posting relevant news and interviews. You're babbling like a homophobic 4 year old.

That's not what he said' date=' idjut. He said handful of div 2 [b']champs [/b]could beat div 1 champs.

But the thing is, there are no division 1 champs who also play football. They don't allow it. Shane played football AND wrestled. It's actually possible carwin is a better wrestler than Lesnar.

this.....Brock just went to a bigger school, maybe Carwin was less wealthy, ever think of that you dum ******** come recepticle sco

It is really sad that as much of a complete jerk off as SCO is, this is relevant.

Also, Brock was just as poor as Carwin if not worse.

And finally, why are some of you even posting if you are not contributing or making an intelligent conversation? It is utterly pointless and useless for you to even speak especially when you have no idea what you are talking about. Listen and learn every once in a blue moon..

It is very obvious to me why the U.S. public seems to be learning less each year.

That's not what he said' date=' idjut. He said handful of div 2 [b']champs [/b]could beat div 1 champs.

This. I asked Carwin on the UG why he didn't compete in Div 1 and it was because he wouldn't be able to do dual sports in a Div 1 school. But...he has openly admitted to Brock being the better wrestler he just wishes he still could have competed against him in wrestling. Though he believes he is the better MMA wrestler only time will tell.

So this is pointless to debate or for Brock to even mention the NCAAs when Carwin himself admits Brock being a better collegiate wrestler. So /thread :)

Actually the quote is:

"I was a Division 1 national champion' date=' Shane was a division 2 national champion. I think anybody that witnesses the NCAA tournaments, and if they go to the division 1 and the division 2 tournament, there's a huge difference in the tournament. There's a huge difference in the wrestling. Is there some division 2 national champions that could beat a division 1 national champion? A handful maybe. Is Shane Carwin one of those guys? Absolutely not"

good effin thing this is MMA and not a college wrestling match now isnt it

Actually the quote is:

"I was a Division 1 national champion' date=' Shane was a division 2 national champion. I think anybody that witnesses the NCAA tournaments, and if they go to the division 1 and the division 2 tournament, there's a huge difference in the tournament. There's a huge difference in the wrestling. Is there some division 2 national champions that could beat a division 1 national champion? A handful maybe. Is Shane Carwin one of those guys? Absolutely not"

Which one DIDN'T lose to Frank Mir?

STFU already' date=' and pull your mouth off Lesnar's Cawk. Every f4cking thread you made is the same sh1t. Are you gonna hang yourself if he lost? Are you gonna cry yourself to sleep when he get KTFO? Do you want to meet Lestard just swallow his ****? You're too f4cking obsessed with this tard, get a life kid.[/quote']

hey bro print this off and post it on your wall under the heading, "The post that got me banned from the UFC forum"

Also I maybe missing the point here but if Brock is a division 1champion and Shane is just a division 2 wrestler is it not obviously Lesnar that has the best wrestling. I know hardly anything about how the NCAA system works (well I am a brit) but in football ManUtd are champions of the Premiership and are far better than any team that plays in a division below them as is the case on any football teams around the world. There is a division 1 and a division 2 for a reason with division 1 being for the elite wrestlers

I think what most get hung up on is that D2 could beat D1 yadda yadda. Sure there are D2 players in every sport that are better than D1 players but when talking about the champions of both divisions preach and b.s. and do whatever makes you happy to try to say it but statistically speaking there's going to be a huge difference between these two every day of the week.

Now, it has been a long time since they both wrestled in college and have obviously learned to apply wrestling to MMA so it's likely this gap has narrowed but I still believe there is a favorable advantage for Lesnar in this department.

hey bro print this off and post it on your wall under the heading' date=' "The post that got me banned from the UFC forum"

Also I maybe missing the point here but if Brock is a division [b']1[/b]champion and Shane is just a division 2 wrestler is it not obviously Lesnar that has the best wrestling. I know hardly anything about how the NCAA system works (well I am a brit) but in football ManUtd are champions of the Premiership and are far better than any team that plays in a division below them as is the case on any football teams around the world. There is a division 1 and a division 2 for a reason with division 1 being for the elite wrestlers

Try to tell that to the trolls on this forum...

Which one DIDN'T lose to Frank Mir?

Mazzagatti SAVED Frank's ****!!! in the first fight.

FACT: Shane hit Mir in the back of the head many more times than Brock did (5or6 not just one glancing).

If Mazz was the ref in that fight Mir may have made it to the second round. Not that it would've helped much.

^^ maybe someone could point out the difference between 1 and 2' date=' 3 and 4[/quote']

Division I

Division I member institutions have to sponsor at least seven sports for men and seven for women (or six for men and eight for women) with two team sports for each gender. Each playing season has to be represented by each gender as well. There are contest and participant minimums for each sport, as well as scheduling criteria. For sports other than football and basketball, Division I schools must play 100 percent of the minimum number of contests against Division I opponents -- anything over the minimum number of games has to be 50 percent Division I. Men's and women's basketball teams have to play all but two games against Division I teams; for men, they must play one-third of all their contests in the home arena. Schools that have football are classified as Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) or NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA). Football Bowl Subdivision schools are usually fairly elaborate programs. Football Bowl Subdivision teams have to meet minimum attendance requirements (average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game), which must be met once in a rolling two-year period. NCAA Football Championship Subdivision teams do not need to meet minimum attendance requirements. Division I schools must meet minimum financial aid awards for their athletics program, and there are maximum financial aid awards for each sport that a Division I school cannot exceed.

Division II

Division II institutions have to sponsor at least five sports for men and five for women, (or four for men and six for women), with two team sports for each gender, and each playing season represented by each gender. There are contest and participant minimums for each sport, as well as scheduling criteria -- football and men's and women's basketball teams must play at least 50 percent of their games against Division II or Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) or Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA) opponents. For sports other than football and basketball there are no scheduling requirements. There are not attendance requirements for football, or arena game requirements for basketball. There are maximum financial aid awards for each sport that a Division II school must not exceed. Division II teams usually feature a number of local or in-state student-athletes. Many Division II student-athletes pay for school through a combination of scholarship money, grants, student loans and employment earnings. Division II athletics programs are financed in the institution's budget like other academic departments on campus. Traditional rivalries with regional institutions dominate schedules of many Division II athletics programs.

Division III

Division III institutions have to sponsor at least five sports for men and five for women, with two team sports for each gender, and each playing season represented by each gender. There are minimum contest and participant minimums for each sport. Division III athletics features student-athletes who receive no financial aid related to their athletic ability and athletic departments are staffed and funded like any other department in the university. Division III athletics departments place special importance on the impact of athletics on the participants rather than on the spectators. The student-athlete's experience is of paramount concern. Division III athletics encourages participation by maximizing the number and variety of athletics opportunities available to students, placing primary emphasis on regional in-season and conference competition.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/ncaa/ncaa/about+the+ncaa/membership/div_criteria.html

Breaks down mostly to size of the school and how many athletic programs they have,

Div III seems to differ from the other two in they don;t have athletic scholarships.

Should I break down the list of Div. II athletes in the hall of fame for every major sport, including wrestling, along side the Div. I champions who failed miserably as pros?

The difference between D.I and D.II is the size of the school according to the number of students attending, period. most of the time the bigger named athletes go to D.I schools because the big schools have more money for recruiting and scholarships, along with more national exposure. But there is innumerable examples of truly world class athletes that just didn't get noticed among the hundreds of thousands of high school athletes that graduate every year. Carwin has said he chose to go to to a D.II school so he could also play football along with the superior academic record and one of the better engineering programs in the country.

Just using a D.I or D.II background to justfy saying Brock is automatically the better wrestler is just plain shortsighted and flat out incorrect.

Instead of using what happened over 15 years ago to compare today, look at the most recent fights.

Brock has displayed a total of maybe 3 wrestling techniques in his short time in the UFC. A double leg TD, using his mass to obtain position, and he did have one or two decent switches against Herring (woohoo!). Carwin has displayed each of these, along with defensive sweeps, greco clinch work against the fence, TD defense, etc.. He has shown a much larger ammount of skill and technique to match his strength and KO power.

If you compared the two careers, side by side without knowing anything about their amatuer career, most anyone with any knowledge of the sport would say that Carwin has proven to be the more skilled wrestler, while Brock MIGHT have a power edge, but even that is unknown given his past year's worth of medical issues.

Mazzagatti SAVED Frank's ****!!! in the first fight.

FACT: Shane hit Mir in the back of the head many more times than Brock did (5or6 not just one glancing).

If Mazz was the ref in that fight Mir may have made it to the second round. Not that it would've helped much.

If you watch the first fight wih Lesnar and Mir

When Mazz breaks them up... Mir was starting to go for an armbar

And knowing a guy like Mir... He would have gotten it

So really... Mazz saved Lesnar from tapping 20 seconds into the fight

hey bro print this off and post it on your wall under the heading' date=' "The post that got me banned from the UFC forum"

Also I maybe missing the point here but if Brock is a division [b']1[/b]champion and Shane is just a division 2 wrestler is it not obviously Lesnar that has the best wrestling. I know hardly anything about how the NCAA system works (well I am a brit) but in football ManUtd are champions of the Premiership and are far better than any team that plays in a division below them as is the case on any football teams around the world. There is a division 1 and a division 2 for a reason with division 1 being for the elite wrestlers

Chelsea Fc are champs you dumb ****, i'm american and i know this.

Actually the quote is:

And Lesnar's division one wrestling was no where near good enough for the Olympics.

LIke his football not being good enough to make an NFL practice squad.

If you watch the first fight wih Lesnar and Mir

When Mazz breaks them up... Mir was starting to go for an armbar

And knowing a guy like Mir... He would have gotten it

So really... Mazz saved Lesnar from tapping 20 seconds into the fight

Its just a coin toss between LEsnar and MIr. They are both so bad.

Brock has displayed a total of maybe 3 wrestling techniques in his short time in the UFC. A double leg TD' date=' using his mass to obtain position, and he did have one or two decent switches against Herring (woohoo!).[/quote']

I hope you're joking about that.

Its just a coin toss between LEsnar and MIr. They are both so bad.

Your calling Brock Lesnar bad. If Brock Lesnar was bad he would had gotten beat by Randy Couture. If he was bad he wouldn't be UFC Heavyweight Champion. If he was bad he wouldn't had succesfully defended his belt? If Brock Lesnar is bad and Shane Carwin is great than Shane Carwin should knock him out in the first 5 secounds of the fight and if also Brock Lesnar would have a 0% chance of winning. Calling Brock Lesnar bad is like calling Tom Brady bad. Brock Lesnar is champion and your no fan of the UFC especially when you call one of their champions bad. Go f8ck yourself kid

Your calling Brock Lesnar bad. If Brock Lesnar was bad he would had gotten beat by Randy Couture. If he was bad he wouldn't be UFC Heavyweight Champion. If he was bad he wouldn't had succesfully defended his belt? If Brock Lesnar is bad and Shane Carwin is great than Shane Carwin should knock him out in the first 5 secounds of the fight and if also Brock Lesnar would have a 0% chance of winning. Calling Brock Lesnar bad is like calling Tom Brady bad. Brock Lesnar is champion and your no fan of the UFC especially when you call one of their champions bad. Go f8ck yourself kid

Tom Brady has numerous Super Bowl rings.

Brock LEsnar is 4-1

About to be 4-2.

Tom Brady has numerous Super Bowl rings.

Brock LEsnar is 4-1

About to be 4-2.

Tom Brady has numberous Super Bowl rings and Brock Lesnar is Heavyweight Champion

Why can't I compare the 2 and also how much do you get for telling the future

ir_380x223_843596a.jpg

Frank Mir couldn;t tap my grandmother.

Your right your Grandmother wouldnt tap to Frank Mir and hears why

1. She too f8cking stupid and has no clue how to tap

2. Her head will be ripped off before she can tap, but she is too much of a azzclown to tap so wouldn't matter

3. Your grandmother is a b8tch

Tom Brady has numberous Super Bowl rings and Brock Lesnar is Heavyweight Champion

Tom Brady is a vetran football player with a superb record all in a league Brovk Lesnar cannot make a practice squad in..

Easy enough to compare them.

Mittrione made the NFL.

Starting to get the picture?

Tom Brady is a vetran football player with a superb record all in a league Brovk Lesnar cannot make a practice squad in..

Mittrione made the NFL.

Brock LEsnar cannot make a practice squad and niether can Carwin and also Tom Brady cannot make it in the UFC so I can say exactly what you just said in opposite way. You try to make Lesnar look bad but your not going to do it in front of me

Mittrione made the NFL.

This and This.

Mittrione made the NFL.

Matt Mittrione was in the NFL before he tried MMA you d8ckhead

Tom Brady can't make it in MMA

Brock LEsnar cannot make a practice squad and niether can Carwin and also Tom Brady cannot make it in the UFC so I can say exactly what you just said in opposite way. You try to make Lesnar look bad but your not going to do it in front of me

You should know your arguement is weak when you shut it down yourself a couple posts later.

Mittrione made the NFL.

And by the way I was comparing them as Champions. I know Brock Lesnar can't make it in the NFL and I know Tom Brady and yourself can't make it in the UFC.

And by the way I was comparing them as Champions. I know Brock Lesnar can't make it in the NFL and I know Tom Brady and yourself can't make it in the UFC.

/sigh. You are the one that brought up this horrible comparison.

Hendo11... Just give it up

You have a very weak argument

Yeah every Shane Carwin **** like yourself thinks i make a bad arguement not arguement you dumnazz. Every Brock fan aggres with me and Ive seen some of the s8it you said about Carwin and it was pretty f8cking amusing

If I were you I wouldn't be talking s8it at all.

Archived