Layed off.

Hangitup

Yes I have gotten laid off. And I'm going through it right now.

All the crap you ordinarily care about goes out the door when you got no job and are worrying about paying bills, food, etc. Reminds me that what we're really doing here when it comes down to it is surviving.

I've never been more stressed. I'm almost losing my mind. I can see how people go crazy from this stuff.

Good luck man.

It sucks getting layed off. Just know its not your fault, You didnt get fired. In the mean time get any job you can get. Dont let pride get in your way. The longer you stay unemployed, The harder it is to get hired. Employers will understand your position. You may take a pay cut but keep working.

It sucks getting layed off. Just know its not your fault' date=' You didnt get fired. In the mean time get any job you can get. Dont let pride get in your way. The longer you stay unemployed, The harder it is to get hired. Employers will understand your position. You may take a pay cut but keep working.[/quote']

This guy thinks in the long term... I think in the short term... You know who to take advice from.

Get yourself a nice bag of weed' date=' a few girls, a few freinds, a little beer/vodka/what ever you drink and throw yourself a nice gathering. That will take your mind off things.[/quote']

This guy thinks in the long term... I think in the short term... You know who to take advice from.

It's tough to take your mind off of potentially being homeless, running out of money for food, running into dead ends with employment, etc. It's like being in the middle of a fight with championship rounds. You can't take your mind off the circumstances- you gotta stay focused and keep fighting through... Then, when it's over, you can deal with the b*tches, weed, etc.

It's tough to take your mind off of potentially being homeless' date=' running out of money for food, running into dead ends with employment, etc. It's like being in the middle of a fight with championship rounds. You can't take your mind off the circumstances- you gotta stay focused and keep fighting through... Then, when it's over, you can deal with the b*tches, weed, etc.[/quote']

This

Got laid off a while ago. Been struggling to stay afloat. I have been looking for work for a while now. Its tough to find a job these days...especially with no car. Ive been limited to my surrounding area and areas along the lines of bus and train routes. ****ing sucks. It takes a lot out of me to even get up every day. I keep my head up though. Someone will bite one day. I just hope its soon. I am broke and hating it...but what can you do.

that kinda sucks man. just gotta tough it out, maybe look elsewhere for work while waiting for the call but dont let it stress you out and bring you down. something always comes up

the place i was working at closed down a month ago and i've been out of work. after dropping off a tonne of resumes and doing some interviews, it was looking pretty grim and i start to wonder what i am going to do.

fortunately i finally got a call from this place called decksmart yesterday. i start work tomorrow. had to go buy some work boots and tape measurers and whatnot, and i start tomorrow. working on railing and production, helping to manufacture decks and sidings for houses which companies order throughout western canada.

going to be a rough run for a while. not used to getting up so early working 8-10 hour days, 5 to 6 days a week, but its much better then what i have been doing recently. whereas i consider myself lucky, i come to realise that things always manage to work out when times get tough. i almost had to resort to taking a crappy job working for these east indians, but i guess somebody at this place must have quit or got fired and a spot opened up for me

anyways thats my story i thought id share. pretty stoked to finally have steady work lined up for me at one of the places i actually wanted to go to. i used to work in forestry and tree nurseries where everybody would get laid off for a while, a few times a year! I know the feeling man and it sucks, but i guess you just gotta find ways to pass the time and not let it get in your head

anyways you guys wont be seeing much of me for a while, this may be a good thing for some of you!. tomorrow i lace up my boots and start new opportunities. being out of work for a month really sucked, but good things always come to those who wait. hopefully in my case, a better car and some extra spending money.

Anyone ever got layed off from a job? You can tell me how bad it is cause thats how i feel. 2 fin weeks and dont go back till tues.

Was probably pretty lucky so far at work. Was never layed off.

Our difference of opinions aside, I hope you bounce back quickly.

Anyone ever got layed off from a job? You can tell me how bad it is cause thats how i feel. 2 fin weeks and dont go back till tues.

pray to god. dont go out and get a new job. i know if you stay in your room and spend all day praying that god will get u a new job or he will give you a pile of cash. and hey if he doesn't it's his will and hes the boss right?

i'm an electrician and i used to do agency work so being laid off was a regular thing, i would generally be told that there was no more wore for me at the end of the day, i got round the money worries by being registered with lots of agencys and would take whatever i could get

Too serious to hold a job' date=' that's a new one lol

How are you lady?[/quote']

Yes, it is true! People there liked to talk loud and laugh all the time... So she came and told me:

She: You're so serious and we are looking for...

Me: clowns ...

I had to leave...

Hey, I'm a bit "cool" (beers!!) and you?

Yes' date=' it is true! People there liked to talk loud and laugh all the time... So she came and told me:

She: You're so serious and we are looking for...

Me: clowns ...

I had to leave...

Hey, I'm a bit "cool" (beers!!) and you?[/quote']

That's insane, I've been fired a couple times in my life but it was for good reasons lol

I'm good thanks, just sitting at work waiting for the night to be over.

That's insane' date=' I've been fired a couple times in my life but it was for good reasons lol

I'm good thanks, just sitting at work waiting for the night to be over.[/quote']

lol I'm a good employee...a bit serious... =P

I like the night... I don't want it to get over!!!

Mate, good can come of this

In 2008 I was engaged to get married to one hell of a *****, I had a dream job but the management were ****s and used me as a scapegoat for when the company did band and lost contracts. (I worked in Network support, supoporting banks, thames water, etc)

Anyway, I was fired from my job when coming in on Friday morning after I had worked all night on a customers network. I then went home ashamed and saddened and shocked. I realised when I got home what had actually happened and hoped my boses would kill themselves, or that I shudav kicked their asses.

I was then unemployed for a total of 11.5 months and seriously didnt know what to do and went into minor depression. I also broke off my engagement and feel without losing my job I would not have done so, so thank losing the job as a way to get out of what could have been an eternity of missery.

Ive moved on and got a job for lower pay, exactly ?25,000 lower in technical support and am happier a little. Im also company director for my own business which should begin trading in september.

I would not have done all this if I hadnt lost my job

Conclusion: Some good can come from this, may take a while, process will test your character and your strength.

:cool:

Archived