What should Penn do if Edgar beats him again?

ThirstForBLOOD

Why would he move UP in weight?

He's still more talented that 99% of the LWs out there even if he does lose (doubtful), so there'd be no point in him moving up. The only thing he could do is take his loss like a man and actually TRAIN like a fighter for once.

Mastorbate in his tears because he just lost to mickey mouse TWICE

retire

kill himself

if he beats him again bj should retire

penn wont beat edgar so dont even discuss him moving up to welterweight

Maybe a serious move to welterweight?

is it just me or do the new members say some of the dumbest things?

Maybe a serious move to welterweight?

Let try to do this seriously:

Fact 1: BJ has beent he most dominating LW for 8 years.. He was undefeated at LW since 11. January 2002.

Fact 2:

BJ has 6 losses in his career:

Jens Pulver (by majority decition), who was a dominant force back in 2002.

Lyoto who he fought at HW...

GPS, who is a rfeak of nature

Hughes who is considered the most dominating WV at all time

GSP again, who was even better than in the first fight..

Edgars, in a relativly ueventfull fight, where even BJ haters said he did not fight like he use to, and where the decitions was relativly controversial (for everyone except BJ haters)

So let say that Edgars does not get TKOed in the rematch (which i belive he will), and BJ losses another decition. What should he do?

Well.. there is nobody else at LW that can beat him, so he should do what most fighters do: train harder.

He could also train himself up to VW, and WORK for the title there.. There are ALOT of fighters at VW that makes interesting matchups for him. But my guess is that he will not do that until he has the LW belt again, and can leave the LW division as the dominant champ he has been for 8 years now.

I do not expect any of you BJ haters out there to understand this, since common sence, statistics and records does not mean anything to you.

I dont think BJ will lose the next fight, I dont know if it was just me but it didnt seem like he was all there that fight. Edgar played a great game plan and won the fight and BJ never seemed to try to counter Edgar's style. I think that because he's no longer the champion, he'll be a far more aggressive fighter, I mean the dude doesnt like to lose fights and look how well he did avenging his loss against pulver.

Knowing BJ' date=' he will quit the UFC.[/quote']

But do you know BJ? I think he will just have to work his way back through the ranks annihilating everyone in his path.

But that's not going to happen because he will beat Edgar this time.

I think he should've had about 2 or 3 fights before a rematch with Edgar.

I had George Sotiropoulos as number one contender after he taught Joe stevenson a lesson in the ground game at UFC 110. I thought he would be fighting Penn next but then Edgar pulled off a shock win so then i thought he should've fought Edgar.

Let try to do this seriously:

Fact 1: BJ has beent he most dominating LW for 8 years.. He was undefeated at LW since 11. January 2002.

Fact 2:

BJ has 6 losses in his career:

Jens Pulver (by majority decition)' date=' who was a dominant force back in 2002.

Lyoto who he fought at HW...

GPS, who is a rfeak of nature

Hughes who is considered the most dominating WV at all time

GSP again, who was even better than in the first fight..

Edgars, in a relativly ueventfull fight, where even BJ haters said he did not fight like he use to, and where the decitions was relativly controversial (for everyone except BJ haters)

So let say that Edgars does not get TKOed in the rematch (which i belive he will), and BJ losses another decition. What should he do?

Well.. there is nobody else at LW that can beat him, so he should do what most fighters do: train harder.

He could also train himself up to VW, and WORK for the title there.. There are ALOT of fighters at VW that makes interesting matchups for him. But my guess is that he will not do that until he has the LW belt again, and can leave the LW division as the dominant champ he has been for 8 years now.

I do not expect any of you BJ haters out there to understand this, since common sence, statistics and records does not mean anything to you.[/quote']

+1

If Penn loses to Edgar, by all means hang them up. Sure Penn has plenty of fights left in him, but his will to train will be affected and we all know he hardly trains anyway. He's got plenty of money to last him for a lifetime; plus he has a gym so he's making some money there. I wouldn't mind if Penn retires. Although I like to see him fight, I hate it more when I know he should have won.

Look for the BJ Penn that destroyed Diego at 118.

I think BJ needs to either dislike or need to prove something over his opponents.

He probably looked past Frankie subconsciously because the BJ that lost the belt was not the guy that has dominated the division for so long.

I like Frankie but come 118 Penn's taking the belt back.

And if wanna know how i feel about that...GO TO BJ PENN DOT COM!

Don't think he'll lose.

Penn is going to slaughter Frankie next fight. No really' date=' it's not going to be pretty.[/quote']

Look for the BJ Penn that destroyed Diego at 118.

I think BJ needs to either dislike or need to prove something over his opponents.

He probably looked past Frankie subconsciously because the BJ that lost the belt was not the guy that has dominated the division for so long.

I like Frankie but come 118 Penn's taking the belt back.

And if wanna know how i feel about that...GO TO BJ PENN DOT COM!

Well these were words that came out before the first fight. And they're saying it again like it cant happen again. Give Edgar some credit. Im not a fan of both fighters but im not biased on Penn's skills. The reason why Penn lost in the first match was Edgar was too fast and kept on moving around the octagon which kept Penn guessing. So it seemed like Penn wasnt himself coz he didnt know what to do. So all he did was waited for Edgar to come in and watch Edgar move out his range. Edgar isnt nicknamed the "The Answer" for nothing. Its just interesting to see what strategy will Edgar come up in the next fight and Penn's as well

Archived