silva vs sonnen-another farce

boptrotme4u

will dana white ever learn his lesson and stop putting bjj/wrestlers in with silva. they try to take him down and fail and then anderson clowns around without actually committing to anything.

for me silva is the best fighter on the planet but he needs to be pushed to get the best out of him. he needs to fight people like rua/rashad in lh or even brock in hw or meet at a catch weight with gsp

anything other than a leites/maia/sonnen non fight

sonnen talks a great fight but he is not in the same league as silva

You are obviously confused on what Sonnen a wrestler will be doing vs what Leties did or even Maia for that matter. Sonnen won't be flopping to try and pull guard giving Silva the option to engage on the ground or not. He will keep shooting single and double legs on Silva until he either:

A) Gets KTFO

B) Secures a takedown.

Either way he will keep coming forward.

The only way this fight ends up boring is if in every round Sonnen can get a quick takedown and keep Silva on his back for extended amounts of time. Chances of that happening are pretty slim.

silva is the best fighter on the planet but he needs to be pushed to get the best out of him.

i agree, this guy needs to be pushed, and there are few who can actually do it... otherwise, we see his classless, and, needless displays of confidence. but, i'm not sure what he can do against such heavyweight opponents; not on a matter of skill, but of size and strength, however, if anyone could make it interesting, he could.

You are obviously confused on what Sonnen a wrestler will be doing vs what Leties did or even Maia for that matter. Sonnen won't be flopping to try and pull guard giving Silva the option to engage on the ground or not. He will keep shooting single and double legs on Silva until he either:

A) Gets KTFO

B) Secures a takedown.

Either way he will keep coming forward.

The only way this fight ends up boring is if in every round Sonnen can get a quick takedown and keep Silva on his back for extended amounts of time. Chances of that happening are pretty slim.

i cannot see this going any other way...but just for kicks...what if Sonnen KO'd Silva on the feet by faking a shot and throwing a punch while Silva prepares to defend the shot...

Archived