Rampage - washed up or not?

everlast69

Considering the horrible beatign he has taken since comming to the UFC i think he should reti..... what did you say.. has he only lost to tw people? And by decition? He has not even been hurt real bad?

hm..

Rampage probably will have some issues trying to win the belt back, but he has a ****load of fights still in him..

Thinking that he should retire because Rashad was able to cuddle with him for 15 miutes is stupid...

Seeing as he doesn't want to fight 'boring' fighters and always looking for the KO. I think Rampage just doesn't wanna fight seriously anymore.

he got out wrestled and is frustrated... hes got to realize very few people are going to stand and bang with him... but hes not washed up by any means

He isn't washed up by any means. Rashad has shown that he has some of the best wrestling in the LHW division, I may hate the guy but I can't deny it. Still Rampage almost knocked him out late in the fight.

And I am not sure if it's confirmed, but if he's fighting Machida next it's good for him. The best opponent for Rampage is a guy who will most likely stand up. Not saying it will be an easy fight, but I got Rampage winning.

Seeing as he doesn't want to fight 'boring' fighters and always looking for the KO. I think Rampage just doesn't wanna fight seriously anymore.

He gets out of shape doing the summer Blockbuster,playing one of the most popular characters of my childhood, loses a number 1 contender fight by decision and nearly pulls a KO and he is washed up. Guess what Rashad fought so "boring", the title shot is no longer guarenteed. "Boring fighters" tend to be guys that fight to win and not fight to finish. Rashad fought to win and fought a ***** fight, just to get a win. Thats not what the UFC is about according to Dana, and its not what the fans want. All that talk to lay and pray. I wish they would serve him up to Shogun. I just want the rematch though, in shape he won't beat Rampage again.He doesnt deserve a shot with 2 unimpressive lay n pray near losses. Dana has bonuses to avoid boring fights. The F stands for fighting. And the fights over when 1 guy cannot fight due to damage. The judges are supposed to be an afterthought,for when guys are too closely matched. If that wasn't true, Dana wouldn't have pulled back the title shot from Rashad. Don't hype, then wrestle, Rampage didn't even need an ice pack.

They are both washed up. They both bring nothing except boxing to the UFC.

What the hell? Thiago Silva and Rampage use they're advantage in the stand up game. Why try pulling off a Demian Maia/Thales Leites if you know you can stand and bang, knowing that you maybe to end the fight your way.

He isn't washed up by any means. Rashad has shown that he has some of the best wrestling in the LHW division' date=' I may hate the guy but I can't deny it. Still Rampage [b']almost[/b] knocked him out late in the fight.

And I am not sure if it's confirmed, but if he's fighting Machida next it's good for him. The best opponent for Rampage is a guy who will most likely stand up. Not saying it will be an easy fight, but I got Rampage winning.

Keyword: almost. I'm sure the Frenchies almost won a war once too, but that doesn't go down in history. They lose all their wars.

What I'm trying to say is in a few years, it doesn't matter, it's history, Rampage was the loser, the end.

Considering the horrible beatign he has taken since comming to the UFC i think he should reti..... what did you say.. has he only lost to tw people? And by decition? He has not even been hurt real bad?

hm..

Rampage probably will have some issues trying to win the belt back' date=' but he has a ****load of fights still in him..

Thinking that he should retire because Rashad was able to cuddle with him for 15 miutes is stupid...[/quote']

The guy hates to train, but even if he just takes on marquee fights for the rest of his career, there would be a lot of them. I still see him getting his head together and making another run at the title though. He hasn't been beaten up. He has lost decisions. Enough said.

Archived