Holy crap, it's been announced! Bader vs. winner of Jones/Matyushenko!

JP24

Ryan Bader confirms being able to fight the winner of Jon "Bones" Jones and "The Janitor" Vladimir Matyushenko.

"Jon Jones is a scary man' date=' and I can honestly say that in this fight I cannot simply walk in and expect an easy fight." Says Ryan Bader, "Jon Jones is very versatile and he has a good ground game, but I believe mine would be the perfect rival. I believe that Vladimir Matyushenko is a very underrated opponent in the eyes of the average MMA fan, but I believe is the perfect man to step into the octagon with Jones. It should be a good fight, and I won't give out my personal opinions: Let's see how it unfolds." ...[b']Read more[/b]...

I think Bader might upset Jones if they end up fighting' date=' first time we'll see Jones on his back.[/quote']

I agree! I think Jones would probably win, but Bader's not gonna be an easy guy to beat. It won't be rush in and dominate, it will be tough for him.

watch matyushenko obliterate everyones hard on for a jones/bader fight!!!

Hahahaha, I won't count out Matyushenko, but I am definitely pulling for Jones now! I wanna see Bader vs. Jones more than Bader vs. Matyushenko.

i got your point. I like bader ever since TUF. But im still leaning towards JJ. Sick reach. :)

I have to agree... I think it could be something as close as a split decision, but both opponents better not blink. It could be all over in a second.

I like Bader/Jones a lot' date=' but I still think Jones will walk right through him. It's tough to rule Bader out entirely, but for the moment, I don't see Jones' warpath ending anytime soon.[/quote']

Bader has all the physical skills to cause him trouble... Better wrestling credentials, and undeniably hard hits. Jones hasn't had his chin tested, but neither has Bader, so it would be the perfect matchup.

Bader Jones would be great im suprised the UFC actually is going to make it happen. Thought that they would give JJ a big name past his prime like Ortiz, Jardine or Liddell and not a nother undefeated upcomer. The winner of that should get a number 1 titlecontender-match.

I'm quite surprised by this. I figured provided they both kept winning we wouldn't see them fight each other before a #1 contender match. Did not expect the UFC would put their two young bulls of the LHW division against each other.

I like it. It's about time they put some of these younger standouts against each other. Seems as of late, they've been keeping guys apart in an attempt to hype them more.

These two are sitting just outside that crop of main light heavies, and this should break them in....although I'm getting ahead of myself and counting out the Janitor already....and he's no slouch!

I like it. It's about time they put some of these younger standouts against each other. Seems as of late' date=' they've been keeping guys apart in an attempt to hype them more.

These two are sitting just outside that crop of main light heavies, and this should break them in....although I'm getting ahead of myself and counting out the Janitor already....and he's no slouch![/quote']

Agreed, I like it as well, especially in a div as deep as LHW is. No reason to protect them.

I think the Jones vs Matyushenko fight may be a lot closer than people think.

Agreed' date=' I like it as well, especially in a div as deep as LHW is. No reason to protect them.

I think the Jones vs Matyushenko fight may be a lot closer than people think.[/quote']

Totally. Vlad is a crafty vet and will be a big test for Jon. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he won.

cant wait till bones looses. i want all this undeserved hype to end

how is his hype undeserved? he puts on exciting fights and wins.. and not just wins' date=' he [i']finishes[/i]. it is rare to see a man with an 84" reach with world class, unorthodox striking and masterful greco-roman wrestling.... at age 22.. hype is definitely deserved

I'm quite surprised by this. I figured provided they both kept winning we wouldn't see them fight each other before a #1 contender match. Did not expect the UFC would put their two young bulls of the LHW division against each other.

I also did not expect this. Not typical for UFC, but it's good nonetheless. It will be a sad day for the jon jones hype train, however.

how is his hype undeserved? he puts on exciting fights and wins.. and not just wins' date=' he [i']finishes[/i]. it is rare to see a man with an 84" reach with world class, unorthodox striking and masterful greco-roman wrestling.... at age 22.. hype is definitely deserved

He hasn't beaten anyone worth mentioning. His wrestling credentials are a joke. And he wouldn't have even beaten Bonnar if it wasn't for a blind, incompetent ref. I guess he was hoping for more incompotent referiing when he threw half a dozen illegal elbows, showing he's pretty dumb and apt to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Archived