StrikeForce Ending Already?

Rauburt

I'm Starting To Think That Strike Force Is Already Coming To An End Because They Seem To Be Unable To Come Up With A Complete Fight Card And Once Jake Shields Comes To The UFC Thats Just More Ppl That Won't Be Watching StrikeForce Anymore How Long Does EveryOne Think Their Going To Last?

And Shut Up About Capitalizing Every Word!!

That depends on many factors. It's an unfortunate fact that Fedor is killing the company slowly. With the CBS contract in place it is doable, without it, the company is simply leaching money faster than it can make it.

Stikeforce had a great thing going when it was running as a more local event in So Cal with a great line up of fighters. This whole downward spiral started with the acquisition of Elite XC's assets...

The Showtime contract was great when the company had low overhead, but now, they could do better with practically any other cable station.

Most of SF's problems lye with their "big names" no longer being big.. they had Jake. and dropped the ball on that and most likely they were going to let him go with the hopes that hendo would destroy him and market for them in jakes absence.. but whoever saw that match knows that went the opposite.

their HW juggernaut Brett has lost two in a row to the Only really HW contenders they have, showing just how small that division is..

Same thing goes for Gegard, he went down to king mo in a real shocker, and he was being praised big time for training with fedor.

they need to not put all their eggs in one basket like they have been doing..

Most of SF's problems lye with their "big names" no longer being big.. they had Jake. and dropped the ball on that and most likely they were going to let him go with the hopes that hendo would destroy him and market for them in jakes absence.. but whoever saw that match knows that went the opposite.

their HW juggernaut Brett has lost two in a row to the Only really HW contenders they have' date=' showing just how small that division is..

Same thing goes for Gegard, he went down to king mo in a real shocker, and he was being praised big time for training with fedor.

they need to not put all their eggs in one basket like they have been doing..[/quote']

Couldn't say it much better than this.

their HW juggernaut Brett has lost two in a row to the Only really HW contenders they have' date=' showing just how small that division is..

they need to not put all their eggs in one basket like they have been doing..[/quote']

Aoki too, he was supposed to be their next big thing and he got shot down!!

as soon as Fedor loses twice it will all be over. I'm saying that this will be soon. I just think that Fedor's fight results are directly related to their business staying alive. If Fedor loses than SF takes a big lose and if he loses again SF loses completely.

as soon as Fedor loses twice it will all be over. I'm saying that this will be soon. I just think that Fedor's fight results are directly related to their business staying alive. If Fedor loses than SF takes a big lose and if he loses again SF loses completely.

this would probably be happening soon

their HW juggernaut Brett has lost two in a row to the Only really HW contenders they have' date=' showing just how small that division is..[/b']

they need to not put all their eggs in one basket like they have been doing..

Fedor, Silva, Overemm, Werdum, Shane del Rosario, Bobby Lashley, Daniel Cormier, Ron Sparks

That's just off the top of my head

If they cut overhead and find a way to sever their contracts with big names who arent viewer draws like Fedor and Arlovski they might have 6 months.

I dont want to start a fedor thread hijack because his fight record isnt relevent. The casual fans who make up most viewers have almost no idea who he is and the rodgers fight wasnt really that great. Arlovski also has an absurdly large contract for someone who hasnt really been a draw in several years.

If i were advising them i would say to find a way to put their showtime events on the website as a cheap pay per view and to drop those two fighters and go back to finding good local talent.

Like it or not they should also cut the CBS deal. The production costs for a CBS show are too high for their budget right now. Ad in that CBS doesnt really have the young male audience that is the MMA fanbase, they did a terrible job promoting the last event, and CBS is putting them on too late at night and you have a stinker deal there.

Ideally they need to try to get a TV deal with someone like F/X or even HBO. Depending on what happens with WEC and Versus that could also be a better slot then Showtime.

Taking a page out of Bellators book and going to a tournament style would be good too. But then thats a personal preference that i think ALL MMA orgs should use.

I'm Starting To Think That Strike Force Is Already Coming To An End Because They Seem To Be Unable To Come Up With A Complete Fight Card And Once Jake Shields Comes To The UFC Thats Just More Ppl That Won't Be Watching StrikeForce Anymore How Long Does EveryOne Think Their Going To Last?

And Shut Up About Capitalizing Every Word!!

Not sure how long SF can continue.

Its MMA.

\The most likely business outcome is failure.\

• 4 weeks later...

Every fighter they had that was worth a damn is pretty much worthless now.

Fedor- subbed by Werdum who was destroyed by JDS

Hendo- beat by shields in an awful fashion

Shields- signed to UFC

Mousasi- Got reamed by King Mo and fell off everyones radar.

Note: not saying theyre bad fighters but alot less people will be interested in watching them now

Overeem is the only one to not go belly-up and hes relitivly un-known to the mainstream mma fans, so they will have an incredibly hard time putting on fights people want towatch

Archived