Leben props and Appreciation..

Shady_Champ

Just "+1" if you give Leben Props for stepping up against someone like Sexy yama on such short notice after just fighting 3 weeks prior that takes Balls and MY hat is off to you win lose or draw you are the man just for taking this fight. Go get him Chris +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Just "+1" if you give Leben Props for stepping up against someone like Sexy yama on such short notice after just fighting 3 weeks prior that takes Balls and MY hat is off to you win lose or draw you are the man just for taking this fight. Go get him Chris +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Try using the thread I already launched like an hour ago.

leben sucks' date=' look at the state of him whats the point of this fight even if he wins he's not gonna get any further up that rankings so he might as well not bother[/quote']

I agree that he sucks, disagree about your view on ranking, but I'm rooting for him.

Try using the thread I already launched like an hour ago.

I saw your thread. This thread here was just based on giving Leben props. No discussion or anything like that.

leben sucks' date=' look at the state of him whats the point of this fight even if he wins he's not gonna get any further up that rankings so he might as well not bother[/quote']

And as for you. Leben is still young and very much able to evolve as a fighter. If he wins this ecspecially off such short notice that for sure puts him in the top 5 of the MW division and it would be 3 straight wins. After this he May be given a rematch which I feel he could win against Bisping. I would for sure take him over Maia who just had a Title shot.

yeh you gotta give it up for Leben, the fight between belcher and akiyama at ufc 100 was wait for it...legendary lol. I wanna see that crazy nihon-jin (japanese person) go hard again. I wonder if he'll let Leben superman punch him whilst bouncing of the cage like Belcher did, gonna be a good one

Am i missing something! WTF happened to Wandi????

Broken solarplex bro.. These kind of things happen in MMA man..

Just messing, I guess word is he cracked a rib during training camp, which forced him to withdraw from this fight.

On another note, I thought athletic commissions hand out mandatory 30 day medical suspensions to fighters after their fights? Regardless if they take no real damage at all? Leben will be fighting, on what? Like 2 weeks notice? Not even?

Either way, +1. Akiyama is no pushover. But having the chance to take home 200 grand inside of 2 weeks.. That's a lot of incentive to take this fight. Besides that, he'll never make his way into title contention, so taking this fight is no real risk to him, and even if he loses, the UFC won't count it against him, in terms of cutting him, he stepped up on short notice. Plus, as sloppy as he is, he's always good for an exciting fight.

yeh you gotta give it up for Leben' date=' the fight between belcher and akiyama at ufc 100 was wait for it...legendary lol. I wanna see that crazy nihon-jin (japanese person) go hard again. I wonder if he'll let Leben superman punch him whilst bouncing of the cage like Belcher did, gonna be a good one[/quote']

ooo loving the how i met your mother quote abit of barny? lol

and wandy is still on the fightcard? your sure the injury aint just a rumour?

ooo loving the how i met your mother quote abit of barny? lol

and wandy is still on the fightcard? your sure the injury aint just a rumour?

I love that show too. Barney is the ****. And the best part is he is gay and real life. I love the slapbets. Slapsgiving was a classic. Did you see the perfect weeek that they just reaired?

Great spirit from Leben and I give him a legit chance of winning as well he looked great against Simpson defending the takedowns. If he wins maby we can see him fight wandy when he is healthy again... would be a good one!

If he wins he should be honored by fighting Wandy. Holy**** could you imagine that stand up war? Almost makes me wish that Akiyama got injured instead of Wandy that has fight of th night fight of the year and fight of the decade written all over it. Those 2 would trade like it was TUF 1 Finale but better,

WANDY UPDATE

"I went through a very tense and difficult weekend and had a very hard decision. Two weeks ago I felt pain in my knee while I was training wrestling. I had an MRI of my knee and three doctors told me my knee was torn. I took medicine to help with the pain, and although my knee felt loose, I said "no," this date is very important to me and I continued training,? Silva says.

?I tried training more upper body and boxing; I kept losing weight and I was gonna fight no matter what. Last Friday, during sparring, I injured my rib. It was very painful and the next day I had an x-ray and an MRI. I discovered I had three broken ribs."

WANDY UPDATE

"I went through a very tense and difficult weekend and had a very hard decision. Two weeks ago I felt pain in my knee while I was training wrestling. I had an MRI of my knee and three doctors told me my knee was torn. I took medicine to help with the pain' date=' and although my knee felt loose, I said "no," this date is very important to me and I continued training,? Silva says.

?I tried training more upper body and boxing; I kept losing weight and I was gonna fight no matter what. Last Friday, during sparring, I injured my rib. It was very painful and the next day I had an x-ray and an MRI. I discovered I had three broken ribs."[/quote']

What a ****ING WARRIOR! GET WELL WANDY AND WAR LEBEN!

Leben is an absolute warrior and i've always like him. That being said I don't think this is a wise move for him. His last fight likely took something out of him. IMHO he'd benefit from more rest and a planned fight where he has time to train specifically for his fighter and has more time to rest.

WANDY UPDATE

"I went through a very tense and difficult weekend and had a very hard decision. Two weeks ago I felt pain in my knee while I was training wrestling. I had an MRI of my knee and three doctors told me my knee was torn. I took medicine to help with the pain' date=' and although my knee felt loose, I said "no," this date is very important to me and I continued training,? Silva says.

?I tried training more upper body and boxing; I kept losing weight and I was gonna fight no matter what. Last Friday, during sparring, I injured my rib. It was very painful and the next day I had an x-ray and an MRI. I discovered I had three broken ribs."[/quote']

I am glad he pulled out! Would have hated to see an injured Wandy getting owned by Akiyama.

Archived