Carwin - Time to focus on your cardio - Side note: Huge Props

RadialBliss

First and foremost, huge props to Mr. Shane Carwin for absolutely pummeling Lesnar in the first round. Carwin proved to himself and every UFC executive and fan that he truly belongs in the UFC and still stands high on his horse even after falling off last night.

I'm definitely a Carwin fan, and definitely not a Lesnar fan. Based on Lesnar's brief Championship speech, I dislike him a little less. Lesnar proved he is the real deal last night, but fortunately, he also realized he is not invincible as Carwin exposed this quickly last night.

Being a Carwin fan I hate to say this... but Lesnar was humbled last knows it. He will come back a better person and an even better fighter which is a scary thing. Big props goes out to Lesnar as well... he deserved this win especially being out of commission for nearly 1 year.

I will now regress as I have strayed away from the focus of this thread, Carwin's cardio.

Carwin went hard one round, and I commend the ref for not stopping the fight. I do not believe Lesnar was intelligently defending himself as he had his arms over his head like a child in the fetal position fearing for his life. However, the judge recognized that Carwin was too weak at that point to really finish the fight which allowed Lesnar to recover. For those of whom who noticed, Lesnar's statement, "Each blow was less dramatic than the last," was exactly why the fight was not stopped.

THANK YOU REF FOR SHOWING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND NOT CREATING A MASSIVE CONTROVERSY IN SUCH A FIGHT!!

Carwin has the power, but clearly doesn't have the cardio. He needs to to re-gear his training regime with the assumption that every one of his fights will go 3-rounds. If he doesn't, he's finished and HE WILL GET CUT FROM THE UFC.

Fighter's now know what to do against Carwin. Weather the storm, then attack the next round. Do not engage with this man in the 1st round... if you do, do it intelligently and make him work hard trying to knock you out.

As of now, Carwin is a 1 round fighter, and I believe his total career minutes in the ring after UFC 116 is about 12 1/2 minutes which is nearly doubled his total prior to this fight. I promise you that every proceeding fight, his opponent will know to wear him out the first round with no intention of knocking him out or submitting him, and then attack in the 2nd, or 3rd if need be.

Carwin, if you're listening, focus on your cardio or you're finished.

An additional side note: Yes, he needs to work on his grappling and wrestling as well, but let's leave that to another thread please.

Please' date=' just end this thread.[/quote']

+ 100000000

Wow, did you just read this whole thread to say that? Did you really?

You have too much time on your hands if you're wasting it reading about things you dislike, then displaying hatred all over it.

I'm sorry my thread somehow controlled your very actions and forced you to read this thread. Thank you, that was amusing. :)

Wow' date=' did you just read this whole thread to say that? Did you really?

You have too much time on your hands if you're wasting it reading about things you dislike, then displaying hatred all over it.

I'm sorry my thread somehow controlled your very actions and forced you to read this thread. Thank you, that was amusing. :)[/quote']

hahhaha

Archived