How would you beat Leben?

MachidaPwned

Seriously, ONly speed and exceptional boxing skills have proven to be the skills needed to defeat Leben. Not counting decision(because decisions just mean noone knows who could have won).

Anderson used clinch to finish Leben but really he also used timing and speed striking to make Leben look like a 15 yr old Slugger against Muh. Ali.

that plus leg kicks. If you had speed you could get a good leg kick in and be out avoiding Leben's flailing strikes. Then after a few fake the leg kick and throw the straight punch followed with the leg kick

Yeh Straights destroy Looping punches. I would attempt standing submissions- Flying submissions- Standing guillotines-

Chris Leben is always going to instigate. He is going to constantly come at you and he's going to be swinging for the fences. He is far from a technical striker. I would beat him with quick foot and head movement and counters or I would attempt a flying submission as some people stated above.

Chris Leben has heart and determination so you can't count on just gassing him out because he will keep stalking you. Just watch out for that hook and make your counter count when he follows through and misses with his swing.

Chris Leben is always going to instigate. He is going to constantly come at you and he's going to be swinging for the fences. He is far from a technical striker. I would beat him with quick foot and head movement and counters or I would attempt a flying submission as some people stated above.

Chris Leben has heart and determination so you can't count on just gassing him out because he will keep stalking you. Just watch out for that hook and make your counter count when he follows through and misses with his swing.

The technical striking is good, but he's ok with taking your technical strikes to land one of his hard looping punches. His chin is his greatest asset, that and his cardio. I don't know if I have ever seen that guy tired.

The technical striking is good' date=' but he's ok with taking your technical strikes to land one of his hard looping punches. His chin is his greatest asset, that and his cardio. I don't know if I have ever seen that guy tired.[/quote']

Yeah, dude. I guess your counter would have to have the force of a bulldozer because Leben's chin is pretty close to granite status. And yeah, he never gets tired. He will just keep coming at you until one of you ends the fight. I used to dislike Leben cause, let's be honest, he used to be a pretty big d bag. I'm starting to like him more and more each time I watch him fight now. He's matured a lot, for the better.

Yeh Straights destroy Looping punches. I would attempt standing submissions- Flying submissions- Standing guillotines-

lol lol someone watches that tapout commercial too much..

its not difficult, hes shown in the past he's very good at all fighting off his back.. you dont have to worry about underneath submissions being placed on you.. the guys a rock striker, but his ground game needs technique.. work him with kicks, kill his pivoting leg for punches and then manage a clinch get him into the cage lean on him some and work a sweep if not just a full slam and maintain a top position

Seriously' date=' ONly speed and exceptional boxing skills have proven to be the skills needed to defeat Leben. Not counting decision(because decisions just mean noone knows who could have won).

Anderson used clinch to finish Leben but really he also used timing and speed striking to make Leben look like a 15 yr old Slugger against Muh. Ali.[/quote']

Theres many ways to beat Chris Leben. Many many various combinations of ways to beat him. You name it and it could happen. You can submit him, take him down, GnP, knock his out, DQ, etc. Chris Leben is in co-mainevent. If Chris Leben can get two wins in two weeks than he will really move up in MW division

MY PLAN: throw flurrie of punches at him. Shoot for the takedown and take him down unlike other pu$$ies who don't know how to finish takedowns. GNP' date=' and submission time. HES EASY. but he did improve his TD defence. it was impressive but not impressive enough.[/quote']

ohhhhhh you thought there were talking about undisputed 2010 how cute lol

I understand you guys "theory" on taking him down and gnp or "flying" subs, but point is, leben can and will take several blows to his face/chin at risk just so that he can get near you and swing for the fences behind your head. He's a bulldozer to most and it took a. Silva quite a few strikes with knee's and punches before even dropping him.

I've watched him slug for 3 straight rounds, be red in the face from punishment and straining, and he continues to follow you like the terminator.

Best plan is to out score him with edgar's stick and move boxing style he used on bj, or is it goes to the ground, hope you get the sub before he rains elbows then fists on your forehead then face.

Theres many ways to beat Chris Leben. Many many various combinations of ways to beat him. You name it and it could happen. You can submit him' date=' take him down, GnP, knock his out, DQ, etc. Chris Leben is in co-mainevent. If Chris Leben can get two wins in two weeks than he will really move up in MW division[/quote']

Yeh sure there is but a wreslter just got beaten down by Leben in his last fight

Leben Strengths as of June/2010

1. Good takedown defense

2. Good takedow recover back to feet

3. Good ground game

4. Amazing Chin

5. Very Heavy Hands

6. Average Clinch and good inside striking

Trying to Knock him out is a bad plan unless you are cream of the crop fighter-Andy

GnP is unlikely since he can recover to his feet well and has never been on his back that long

Taking him down is only a temporary solution and you have got to be a good wrestler to even take him down.

DQ makes no sense

Yeh sure there is but a wreslter just got beaten down by Leben in his last fight

Leben Strengths as of June/2010

1. Good takedown defense

2. Good takedow recover back to feet

3. Good ground game

4. Amazing Chin

5. Very Heavy Hands

6. Average Clinch and good inside striking

Trying to Knock him out is a bad plan unless you are cream of the crop fighter-Andy

GnP is unlikely since he can recover to his feet well and has never been on his back that long

Taking him down is only a temporary solution and you have got to be a good wrestler to even take him down.

DQ makes no sense

I think the best gameplan to beat Leben is to set up a submission. Like you said, he isn't going to get KOed and you're not going to GNP him into a TKO.

He just dominated Aaron Simpson (a great wrestler). Leben has such solid TDD and an iron chin.

I say you have to move and counter for the first round and surprise him with a submission attempt in the 2nd, how you set up this submission.. not sure.

I think the best gameplan to beat Leben is to set up a submission. Like you said' date=' he isn't going to get KOed and you're not going to GNP him into a TKO.

He just dominated Aaron Simpson (a great wrestler). Leben has such solid TDD and an iron chin.

I say you have to move and counter for the first round and surprise him with a submission attempt in the 2nd, how you set up this submission.. not sure.[/quote']

Bro Leben is like Chuck in his prime now, except he is more reckless and risky than Chuck used to be.

Chuck used to have Legendary Takedown down defense in his list of abilities

Chuck

1. Legend. Takedown def.

2. Knock power in both hands

3. Most wins by Knockout

Leben

1. Great Takedown Def.

2. Knock power in both hands(but mostly his left hook)

3. Most wins by Knockout

Bro Leben is like Chuck in his prime now' date=' except he is more reckless and risky than Chuck used to be.

Chuck used to have Legendary Takedown down defense in his list of abilities

Chuck

1. Legend. Takedown def.

2. Knock power in both hands

3. Most wins by Knockout

Leben

1. Great Takedown Def.

2. Knock power in both hands(but mostly his left hook)

3. Most wins by Knockout[/quote']

So are you saying eventually Leben will be getting knocked out in every one of his fights?

why is everyone talking about Leben. So what he wins 2 fights in a row coming from 2 losses and everyone keeps talking about him. I even saw someone saying he might be up for a title shot soon. Jeez. wtf guys. 2 wins. Didn

Because he looked good last fight brah. Wtf is your problem?

why is everyone talking about Leben. So what he wins 2 fights in a row coming from 2 losses and everyone keeps talking about him. I even saw someone saying he might be up for a title shot soon. Jeez. wtf guys. 2 wins. Didn

everyone is talking about Leben because he just fought aaron simpson on TUF finale and now he's stepping in to fill wandy's void.

that's badass.

everyone is talking about Leben because he just fought aaron simpson on TUF finale and now he's stepping in to fill wandy's void.

that's badass.

Yeh much respect to Leben. Other than pissing me off with the steroid use thing twice, i still like the guy. His antics and crying on TUF was lame too but he has come a long way. Most guys would have broke down and withered away after taking a beating like Andy gave him. Just look at how many guys Andy has broken and never were the same again- Lutter,Cote, Thales,Irvin, and Forrest. Forrest literally ran away crying after getting devastated by Andy. WAR Leben

Yeh much respect to Leben. Other than pissing me off with the steroid use thing twice' date=' i still like the guy. His antics and crying on TUF was lame too but he has come a long way. Most guys would have broke down and withered away after taking a beating like Andy gave him. Just look at how many guys Andy has broken and never were the same again- Lutter,Cote, Thales,Irvin, and Forrest. Forrest literally ran away crying after getting devastated by Andy. WAR Leben[/quote']

so I guess the guy can get caught multiple times using steroids (which proves that he doesn't give a **** and will keep using them, but will rather just learn how not to get caught again) and have a ****ty attitude it's alright cuz he looks good in ONE fight now you're asking how to beat him. And you say he's like Chuck in his prime... lol.. for a single well put performance against someone who isn't even top competition.

you're easy love...

Oh and I guess it's not so hard to catch a new fight that quick when you werent really damaged in your previous fight and you're on roids anyways. And also when even if you had 2 years to prepare you wouldn't come with any gameplan whatsoever anyways. What does he need time for? The man has no strategy he just comes and bangs. As soon as he faces good technical competition his game is over.

I've been waiting for this Leben to come out for a while now. He's always been an exciting fighter, but he looked strong as sh** against Simpson, who was a very game opponent. Everyone is freaking out, because it looks like he might be making the long overdue push back toward a title shot. Lots of Leben fans want to see their boy shine. No need to hate.

so I guess the guy can get caught multiple times using steroids (which proves that he doesn't give a **** and will keep using them' date=' but will rather just learn how not to get caught again) and have a ****ty attitude it's alright cuz he looks good in ONE fight now you're asking how to beat him. And you say he's like Chuck in his prime... lol.. for a single well put performance against someone who isn't even top competition.

you're easy love...

Oh and I guess it's not so hard to catch a new fight that quick when you werent really damaged in your previous fight and you're on roids anyways. And also when even if you had 2 years to prepare you wouldn't come with any gameplan whatsoever anyways. What does he need time for? The man has no strategy he just comes and bangs. As soon as he faces good technical competition his game is over.[/quote']

You act as if he pissed in YOUR bed. The guys a brawler who looks to have his body and mind to where it needs to be finally. All that equalls some good fights coming up. How the F' would you know if he's on roids or not? Why all the hate? Did he touch you? Is that it? He touched you didn't he?

I've been waiting for this Leben to come out for a while now. He's always been an exciting fighter' date=' but he looked strong as sh** against Simpson, who was a very game opponent. Everyone is freaking out, because it looks like he might be making the long overdue push back toward a title shot. Lots of Leben fans want to see their boy shine. No need to hate.[/quote']

see that's what I,m talking about. 2 losses, then 2 wins, 1 of them against a nobody, and people always see a trend towards the possible title shot. Why do you jump to the conclusion so quickly. Let's wait and see what happens with his next fight before we start speculating that much. It,s getting ridiculous. 2 wins. Is there possibly a shorter win streak? no. If at least that was against top competition.

Honnestly, I think a guy who failed drugs tests twice should just have been banned a while ago. His ascention isn't overdue. He's been hijaking his own carreer with drug abuses. And he probly owes a part of his ''success'' to these drugs. So really, it just annoys me that people give him that much credit for doing so little and disregard his drug use so easily. I just don't understand it. The guy just barely comes back from a double loss and a suspension for drug abuse and people welcome him with arms wide open. wtf. I didn't know it was that cool to use steroids.

You act as if he pissed in YOUR bed. The guys a brawler who looks to have his body and mind to where it needs to be finally. All that equalls some good fights coming up. How the F' would you know if he's on roids or not? Why all the hate? Did he touch you? Is that it? He touched you didn't he?

dude. how would I know if he uses drugs. ez. he got caught twice. I thought when you failed a drug test that meant you used drugs. duh.

so I guess the guy can get caught multiple times using steroids (which proves that he doesn't give a **** and will keep using them' date=' but will rather just learn how not to get caught again) and have a ****ty attitude it's alright cuz he looks good in ONE fight now you're asking how to beat him. And you say he's like Chuck in his prime... lol.. for a single well put performance against someone who isn't even top competition.

you're easy love...

Oh and I guess it's not so hard to catch a new fight that quick when you werent really damaged in your previous fight and you're on roids anyways. And also when even if you had 2 years to prepare you wouldn't come with any gameplan whatsoever anyways. What does he need time for? The man has no strategy he just comes and bangs. As soon as he faces good technical competition his game is over.[/quote']

Nah dewd. I dont know why your being a dousche about this but if you told me this in a conversation in person, id walk away from you.

First of all the steroid use was stanzo-Stanozolol, commonly sold under the name Winstrol and Winstrol Depot was developed by Winthrop Laboratories in 1962. It is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone, and has been approved by the FDA for human use. However, sports require that you do not have these substances in your blood when you are ready for an event. Leben had made a mistake and believed it was out of his system but wasnt. Steroids arent as black and white as you would like to think. Youre allowed to used FDA approved steroids which are legal but you arent allowed to have them in your system week of. Its not as bad as youre describing, the roid your thinking is black market sh1t that is criminal to have or use.

2nd Leben has defeated reputable fighters. He hasnt been thrown cans like Bisping or given a title shot after one fight like Anderson Silva. Its easy to be champ when you have a road paved out for you like Brock Lesnar. Some of the other fighters dont have that chance and have to fight there way to the top and deal with the lossess. Guys like JDS who fight and fight and fight and still have no mention of contention or Okami when he was in a winning streak before his injuries but had no fame or draw or marketability so he stayed in the dark, and later on, started to lose. The truth about MMA is that there are no undefeated warriors as we can prove with the once untouchable Machida who all thought he was invincible only to be laying on the mat pwned.

3rd Leben may not be a champion but so what? 90% or more fighters will never see a UFC belt. You dont stop watching them just becuase of that. The reason people watch Leben is because he is exciting and tough and has heart, and we all want those attributes to be related to ourselves. So if you want to make fun of him and down the guy then all i can say bro is Go fk yourself.

see that's what I' date='m talking about. 2 losses, then 2 wins, 1 of them against a nobody, and people always see a trend towards the possible title shot. Why do you jump to the conclusion so quickly. Let's wait and see what happens with his next fight before we start speculating that much. It,s getting ridiculous. 2 wins. Is there possibly a shorter win streak? no. If at least that was against top competition.

Honnestly, I think a guy who failed drugs tests twice should just have been banned a while ago. His ascention isn't overdue. He's been hijaking his own carreer with drug abuses. And he probly owes a part of his ''success'' to these drugs. So really, it just annoys me that people give him that much credit for doing so little and disregard his drug use so easily. I just don't understand it. The guy just barely comes back from a double loss and a suspension for drug abuse and people welcome him with arms wide open. wtf. I didn't know it was that cool to use steroids.[/quote']

I don't think its the win streak that has everyone all stirred up. He just looked outstanding in his last fight. I understand your upset about the whole steroid thing, but all i'm saying is your can't surmise that he is on roids right now, just because he's had some past abuses. I just don't really think he's that stupid ( but who knows?) The whole push for the title has to do with taking a bunch of fights in a short amount of time. If he can keep it up, Dana will give him a shot. I am not speaking for anything more than interest in seeing more Leben fights against game competition. You can say what you will, but the guy is an exciting fighter. End of story. He's getting all this praise, because people like him and have been waiting for something to praise him for.

Nah dewd. I dont know why your being a dousche about this but if you told me this in a conversation in person' date=' id walk away from you.

First of all the steroid use was stanzo-Stanozolol, commonly sold under the name Winstrol and Winstrol Depot was developed by Winthrop Laboratories in 1962. It is a synthetic anabolic steroid derived from testosterone, and has been approved by the FDA for[b'] human use.[/b] However, sports require that you do not have these substances in your blood when you are ready for an event. Leben had made a mistake and believed it was out of his system but wasnt. Steroids arent as black and white as you would like to think. Youre allowed to used FDA approved steroids which are legal but you arent allowed to have them in your system week of. Its not as bad as youre describing, the roid your thinking is black market sh1t that is criminal to have or use.

2nd Leben has defeated reputable fighters. He hasnt been thrown cans like Bisping or given a title shot after one fight like Anderson Silva. Its easy to be champ when you have a road paved out for you like Brock Lesnar. Some of the other fighters dont have that chance and have to fight there way to the top and deal with the lossess. Guys like JDS who fight and fight and fight and still have no mention of contention or Okami when he was in a winning streak before his injuries but had no fame or draw or marketability so he stayed in the dark, and later on, started to lose. The truth about MMA is that there are no undefeated warriors as we can prove with the once untouchable Machida who all thought he was invincible only to be laying on the mat pwned.

3rd Leben may not be a champion but so what? 90% or more fighters will never see a UFC belt. You dont stop watching them just becuase of that. The reason people watch Leben is because he is exciting and tough and has heart, and we all want those attributes to be related to ourselves. So if you want to make fun of him and down the guy then all i can say bro is Go fk yourself.

Let's suppose I listen to you and believe that Leben had just a bad planning for his drugs and that he had no intentions of cheating.

I still don't understand why everyone is making a big deal out of him all of a sudden. Because he accepted a fight so quickly? He wasn't injured and it was a golden opportunity for him. And since he fought A.Silva the man is 5-4 and didn't line more than 2 wins straight. Why are people talking about him getting closer to title contention. That is what I don't understand.

I don't see why the hell you're talking about A.Silva getting a title shot after only 1 fight. Some famed fighters from other organisations have been offered the same privileges. Hendo was given 2 straight title shots when he came to the UFC. That was too much... but it's normal that the top fighters from other organisations be given a push when they come in. Make no mistake. A.Silva deserved the respect he was granted when he came in the UFC cuz he was already a very successful fighter. And since he has 11 wins, 9 of them against top competition, he'd be champ anyways. Instead of taking asimilar path Leben piled up the losses and bad decisions. So don't play the victim for him. He's totally responsible of where he's at right now.

Let's suppose I listen to you and believe that Leben had just a bad planning for his drugs and that he had no intentions of cheating.

I still don't understand why everyone is making a big deal out of him all of a sudden. Because he accepted a fight so quickly? He wasn't injured and it was a golden opportunity for him. And since he fought A.Silva the man is 5-4 and didn't line more than 2 wins straight. Why are people talking about him getting closer to title contention. That is what I don't understand.

I don't see why the hell you're talking about A.Silva getting a title shot after only 1 fight. Some famed fighters from other organisations have been offered the same privileges. Hendo was given 2 straight title shots when he came to the UFC. That was too much... but it's normal that the top fighters from other organisations be given a push when they come in. Make no mistake. A.Silva deserved the respect he was granted when he came in the UFC cuz he was already a very successful fighter. And since he has 11 wins' date=' 9 of them against top competition, he'd be champ anyways. Instead of taking asimilar path Leben piled up the losses and bad decisions. So don't play the victim for him. He's totally responsible of where he's at right now.[/quote']

Dewd his last opponent was a strong up and comer. A real prospect and he just shot that guy into the dark. Leben is a good gatekeeper and likely the kind of guy youd hate to be in a fight with. He definatly has improved his game.

He doesnt have to be on a 5,10,20 win streak to be admired and liked. As far as title shots talk- this thread is called "How would you beat Leben"- i made it because how many times have you fought in real life a guy who hits like a tank and has a strong chin. For me, more than id like to remember. Those kind of guys are ussually the toughest guys at the bar-b-que.

I don't see why the hell you're talking about A.Silva getting a title shot after only 1 fight. Some famed fighters from other organisations have been offered the same privileges. Hendo was given 2 straight title shots when he came to the UFC. That was too much... but it's normal that the top fighters from other organisations be given a push when they come in. Make no mistake. A.Silva deserved the respect he was granted when he came in the UFC cuz he was already a very successful fighter. And since he has 11 wins' date=' 9 of them against top competition, he'd be champ anyways. Instead of taking asimilar path Leben piled up the losses and bad decisions. So don't play the victim for him. He's totally responsible of where he's at right now.[/quote']

He's Rocky man. Don't you get it? We love guys that will east sh*t to throw bombs. We love them even more when they look to have gamed up the TDD. Heart, power, likeability, and personal demons. He's not someone you'd role model your kid after, but someone to watch. Mat...i think you a little too Furious

He's Rocky man. Don't you get it? We love guys that will east sh*t to throw bombs. We love them even more when they look to have gamed up the TDD. Heart' date=' power, likeability, and personal demons. He's not someone you'd role model your kid after, but someone to watch. Mat...i think you a little too Furious[/quote']

lol fo sho. Id never take punches like Rocky in a real fight but it is nice to watch someone who will.

He's Rocky man. Don't you get it? We love guys that will east sh*t to throw bombs. We love them even more when they look to have gamed up the TDD. Heart' date=' power, likeability, and personal demons. He's not someone you'd role model your kid after, but someone to watch. Mat...i think you a little too Furious[/quote']

I sure am furious!

I think Leban is over rated.

I do not see anything in his aresnal that sticks out.

I am not saying he is a bad fighter, but if he goes toe 2 toe with a great striker he will go down. Leban does hit hard, but like Frankin he lacks snap in his punches. They are not quick and sharp like wandy.

Leban will lose

Footwork, takedowns, and subs. Leben is a fish out of water if he's not on his feet. Sexy needs to work his judo in the clinch early, get top control and work the piss out of Leben.

I wish someone else had stepped to Sexy.....not a Leben fan, and I don't think he'll do anything.....but I could be wrong.

Sexyama FTW

Archived