Who have you grappled?

Megasoup

I've trained jiu jitsu off and on for about 4 years now and have rolled with some pretty tough no names. Probably a lot of people on this forum have. I'm also sure that some people have rolled with some "names" or at least people with some kind of achievement. Here's a small list from a guy who himself is no gift to MMA.

Steve Berger - 3 time UFC vet, this guy is incredible and with his 0-3 record in the octagon, it really puts in perspective just how good these guys are.

Jesse Finney - He's fights for Strikeforce and is scheduled for a Main Event in another promotion against Josh Neer in August. He's tough, I've tapped him, though.

Booker DeRouse and Pat Benson - other Strikeforce fighters I used to train with regularly.

Titus Taylor - 2-time Division II National Champion in Wrestling.

Andrew Waites - 2010 State Champion, Wrestling SuperHeavyweight.

Who'd you grapple?

I've trained jiu jitsu off and on for about 4 years now and have rolled with some pretty tough no names. Probably a lot of people on this forum have. I'm also sure that some people have rolled with some "names" or at least people with some kind of achievement. Here's a small list from a guy who himself is no gift to MMA.

Steve Berger - 3 time UFC vet' date=' this guy is incredible and with his 0-3 record in the octagon, it really puts in perspective just how good these guys are.

Jesse Finney - He's fights for Strikeforce and is scheduled for a Main Event in another promotion against Josh Neer in August. He's tough, I've tapped him, though.

Booker DeRouse and Pat Benson - other Strikeforce fighters I used to train with regularly.

Titus Taylor - 2-time Division II National Champion in Wrestling.

Andrew Waites - 2010 State Champion, Wrestling SuperHeavyweight.

Who'd you grapple?[/quote']

i grappled ewan mccloud when i was 4 at preschool, but we grew out of it soon after and started to fight properly.

Wrestled a little with Cain Velasquez' date=' he's about 6 or 7 years older than me though, so it was obviously during practice, also went to a few tournaments with him. Also wrestled with/under Chance Farrar, who fought in the WEC for a little bit but kinda flamed out after his loss to Urijah Faber[/quote']

Wow, what was wrestling with Cain like? Wrestling or Submission wrestling?

Couple guys here' date=' [b']manutdfan[/b] is a NAGA champ, and NYG1 who used to train at ATT, both I'm sure have a few grappling stories...

A small list of 'known' grapplers I've rolled with:

Abmar Barbosa(Pan Am, Rickson Cup, etc. Champion)

Robert Drysdale

Jorge Gurgel

Felipe Bueno(IBJJF champ at Brown Belt)

Eduardo Oliviera(Multi-time Brazil state champ, NAGA champ)

Vinicius 'Draculino' Magalhaes(The GB professor, not the TUF washout)

Dan Simmler(TUF 7)

Alexey Cruz(Machida's BJJ instructor)

And Brew: I'm now a Multi-Time NAGA champ myself!

Just a few people:

Kurt Angle - We were at a hot dogg stand and he pushed it so I slapped him, he tried doing the ankle lock on me so I got him in a figure 4 and he tapped like a *****

Busta Rhymes - He's quite a good grappler, I belive hes a brown belt, I made him tap by dreadlock hold. 2nd time around I made him tap by kimura

Was about to grapple Fedor - But his mum wouldnt let him out, she said he had to eat his fish finger sandwhich before he was allowed out

Thats bout it really, nothing to brag about I guess

Archived