Sign in to follow this  
Megasoup

Who have you grappled?

I've trained jiu jitsu off and on for about 4 years now and have rolled with some pretty tough no names. Probably a lot of people on this forum have. I'm also sure that some people have rolled with some "names" or at least people with some kind of achievement. Here's a small list from a guy who himself is no gift to MMA.

Steve Berger - 3 time UFC vet, this guy is incredible and with his 0-3 record in the octagon, it really puts in perspective just how good these guys are.

Jesse Finney - He's fights for Strikeforce and is scheduled for a Main Event in another promotion against Josh Neer in August. He's tough, I've tapped him, though.

Booker DeRouse and Pat Benson - other Strikeforce fighters I used to train with regularly.

Titus Taylor - 2-time Division II National Champion in Wrestling.

Andrew Waites - 2010 State Champion, Wrestling SuperHeavyweight.

Who'd you grapple?

I've trained jiu jitsu off and on for about 4 years now and have rolled with some pretty tough no names. Probably a lot of people on this forum have. I'm also sure that some people have rolled with some "names" or at least people with some kind of achievement. Here's a small list from a guy who himself is no gift to MMA.

Steve Berger - 3 time UFC vet' date=' this guy is incredible and with his 0-3 record in the octagon, it really puts in perspective just how good these guys are.

Jesse Finney - He's fights for Strikeforce and is scheduled for a Main Event in another promotion against Josh Neer in August. He's tough, I've tapped him, though.

Booker DeRouse and Pat Benson - other Strikeforce fighters I used to train with regularly.

Titus Taylor - 2-time Division II National Champion in Wrestling.

Andrew Waites - 2010 State Champion, Wrestling SuperHeavyweight.

Who'd you grapple?[/quote']

i grappled ewan mccloud when i was 4 at preschool, but we grew out of it soon after and started to fight properly.

i grappled ewan mccloud when i was 4 at preschool' date=' but we grew out of it soon after and started to fight properly.[/quote']

Is he related to Duncan McLeod of the clan McLeod?

did some BJJ rolling with Felipe Costa

and did wrestling and some groundwork "sparring" with Tarec Saffiedine (Strikeforce up and comer)

Sorry for bad english !

Wrestled a little with Cain Velasquez, he's about 6 or 7 years older than me though, so it was obviously during practice, also went to a few tournaments with him. Also wrestled with/under Chance Farrar, who fought in the WEC for a little bit but kinda flamed out after his loss to Urijah Faber

grappled with ronaldo souza 4 time, tapped him 3 time................ choked him out in are last outing

ment to be rolling with roger g next week... lets see if he turns up this time...

Wrestled a little with Cain Velasquez' date=' he's about 6 or 7 years older than me though, so it was obviously during practice, also went to a few tournaments with him. Also wrestled with/under Chance Farrar, who fought in the WEC for a little bit but kinda flamed out after his loss to Urijah Faber[/quote']

Wow, what was wrestling with Cain like? Wrestling or Submission wrestling?

Wow' date=' what was wrestling with Cain like? Wrestling or Submission wrestling?[/quote']

It was just High School/Collegiate wrestling style. It was intense, he wrestled just like he fights, constant pressure and control and takes advantage of every mistake you make

Couple guys here' date=' [b']manutdfan[/b] is a NAGA champ, and NYG1 who used to train at ATT, both I'm sure have a few grappling stories...

A small list of 'known' grapplers I've rolled with:

Abmar Barbosa(Pan Am, Rickson Cup, etc. Champion)

Robert Drysdale

Jorge Gurgel

Felipe Bueno(IBJJF champ at Brown Belt)

Eduardo Oliviera(Multi-time Brazil state champ, NAGA champ)

Vinicius 'Draculino' Magalhaes(The GB professor, not the TUF washout)

Dan Simmler(TUF 7)

Alexey Cruz(Machida's BJJ instructor)

And Brew: I'm now a Multi-Time NAGA champ myself!

Just a few people:

Kurt Angle - We were at a hot dogg stand and he pushed it so I slapped him, he tried doing the ankle lock on me so I got him in a figure 4 and he tapped like a *****

Busta Rhymes - He's quite a good grappler, I belive hes a brown belt, I made him tap by dreadlock hold. 2nd time around I made him tap by kimura

Was about to grapple Fedor - But his mum wouldnt let him out, she said he had to eat his fish finger sandwhich before he was allowed out

Thats bout it really, nothing to brag about I guess