baseball: bullpen catchers

claxp94

im pretty sure they are just like workers for the team but its like bat boys they just really love the game to do it and i remember a catcher being a bullpen catcher gettin a shot in the show but i forget his name also jesse litsch went from bat boy to blue jays starting pitcher so who knows what they are really tryin to do lol

A bullpen catcher is a guy that helps the pitcher warm up. Usually during the game when the head (star) pitcher is in trouble and needs to be replaced. The coach will pull a couple of relief pitchers to the bullpen, which is just a section over to one side. They'll warm up, and usually the team owner will raise either the right or left hand, which signals to the coach what kind of pitcher should be out there in order to take on the opposing team. Baseball's always been big with hand signals for stategies. But yeah a bullpen catcher is the guy the helps the pitcher or his relief warm up.

im pretty sure they are just like workers for the team but its like bat boys they just really love the game to do it and i remember a catcher being a bullpen catcher gettin a shot in the show but i forget his name also jesse litsch went from bat boy to blue jays starting pitcher so who knows what they are really tryin to do lol

oh alright thanks.

A bullpen catcher is a guy that helps the pitcher warm up. Usually during the game when the head (star) STARTING pitcher is in trouble and needs to be replaced. The coach will pull a couple of relief pitchers to the bullpen' date=' which is just a section over to one side.[b']THE BULLPEN STAFF IS IN THE BULLPEN THE ENTIRE GAME.[/b] They'll warm up, and usually the team owner THE OWNER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT PITCHER ENTERS THE GAME will raise either the right or left hand, which signals to the coach what kind of pitcher should be out there in order to take on the opposing team. Baseball's always been big with hand signals for stategies. But yeah a bullpen catcher is the guy the helps the pitcher or his relief warm up.

What? Did you play or follow baseball at all? That sounds like a bad wikpedia post....

who are they?

are they exlcusive to the stadium?

the team?

from triple-a?

Bullpen catchers are usually no bodies who the team hires to catch in the bullpen to warm up relief pitchers.

they usually are also the ones who take the first pitch from the famous people like the president or something.

They are hired and paid by the team not the stadium, they will travel with team everywhere. Some of these guys where once players who played all the time just got old and couldnt take the all day everyday 182 strain of the season, so they get hired on as help in the bullpen to give moral support, knowledge and help young pitchers come into their own while they are with the team.

teams have more than 1 catcher on the team. Im betting should the starting catcher get injured' date=' his backup would come running out from the bullpen to replace him.[/quote']

every team does have more than one catcher but the back up is in the dugout, only pitchers come of the bullpen, the back up will be in the dugout so he could possibly be used as a pitch hitter or runner if the team needs him to be in late innings.

teams have more than 1 catcher on the team. Im betting should the starting catcher get injured' date=' his backup would come running out from the bullpen to replace him.[/quote']

That's also what a bullpen catcher does. you see this, isit6989_specv? Here's another example that answers the question, which btw, I noticed you haven't. sh*t talker.

Bullpen catchers are usually no bodies who the team hires to catch in the bullpen to warm up relief pitchers.

they usually are also the ones who take the first pitch from the famous people like the president or something.

They are hired and paid by the team not the stadium' date=' they will travel with team everywhere. Some of these guys where once players who played all the time just got old and couldnt take the all day everyday 182 strain of the season, so they get hired on as help in the bullpen to give moral support, knowledge and help young pitchers come into their own while they are with the team.[/quote']

Hey, isit6989_specv! Here's something else you should read.

every team does have more than one catcher but the back up is in the dugout' date=' only pitchers come of the bullpen, the back up will be in the dugout so he could possibly be used as a pitch hitter or runner if the team needs him to be in late innings.[/quote']

Hey, isit6989_specv! read this one too, you dumb-ss.

LOL! I've noticed. I'm only a month into this forum stuff' date=' please forgive the raw emotions expressed on screen if it's over the top. I'll try to keep it cooler.:o[/quote']

nah your good, but welcome to the forum always good to have new blood coming through, and the emotion is all gravy to you will see alot of different emotions going on around here when debates get serious

Archived