What time is it???

Exodus9mm

I had Sexy beatin' Wandy and now I have him beatin' Chris. Armbar round 1 after he judo flips him on his ear.

Ditto.....Wandy is an alltime fav, but I had Akiyama winning by KO in a slugfest (gut feeling). Now that that's off, I'm figuring he'll work Leben to the ground early, and either take a kneebar or choke him out.

.........it's.............

SEXYTIME

sexyama-1-241x300.jpg

I've got Akiyama KOing Leben at the staredown by smiling.

All Sexyama appreciation goes here.

first of all Sexy barely got the decision against Belcher and probably shouldn't have so this should be a Belcher appreciation thread also...second I hope Leben wins cause taking the fight 2 weeks out is awesome!

first of all Sexy barely got the decision against Belcher and probably shouldn't have so this should be a Belcher appreciation thread also...second I hope Leben wins cause taking the fight 2 weeks out is awesome!

Sexy had his orbital busted and still looked sexier than most people. That's how sexy he is.

That fight against Belch was slick, and could have gone either way.

Akiyama. Definitley Akiyama. He's got this win. Is he scheduled to fight a better fighter after Leben? Or will the next one be as the same as Chris L?

if he beats leben (which he may very well, even though i'm pulling fora leben upset), he'll definetly face someone higher up in the rankings. he might want to wait for wandy to heal up to finally have that fight regardless of win or loss.

I had Akiyama over Wandy' date=' so i don't really see how Leben takes this. [b']Leben's exciting and i like watching him but hes more of a "im gunna swing wildly and rely on my great chin to save me, also what is a ground game[/b] ?"

i kind of agree, his ground game isn't the best, but i think it's a work in progress. His Takedown defence improved a lot for his fight against A-Train obviously, and that's a start.

i kind of agree' date=' his ground game isn't the best, but i think it's a work in progress. His Takedown defence improved a lot for his fight against A-Train obviously, and that's a start.[/quote']

yeah i thought simpson would be able to take him down and work from there but Leben held off the takedowns, but then again theres always that UFC unleashed that comes on showing Jake Rosholt (?) choking him out with an arm triangle.

yeah i thought simpson would be able to take him down and work from there but Leben held off the takedowns' date=' but then again theres always that UFC unleashed that comes on showing Jake Rosholt (?) choking him out with an arm triangle.[/quote']

i honestly just think that was a bad night for leben. his sub loss to macdonald was totally legit, but i think if leben and rosholt fought 9 more times, leben would win 8, if not all of those fights.

he didn't look himself that night at all.

i honestly just think that was a bad night for leben. his sub loss to macdonald was totally legit' date=' but i think if leben and roshold fought 9 more times, leben would win 8, if not all of those fights.

he didn't look himself that night at all.[/quote']

true, hes not all that bad i suppose haha

I had Akiyama over Wandy' date=' so i don't really see how Leben takes this. Leben's exciting and i like watching him but hes more of a "im gunna swing wildly and rely on my great chin to save me, also what is a ground game ?" type of guy[/quote']

That'd be cool, Akiyama v Wanderlei!

He is one of the few Japanese fighters that have the physicality to compete with the stronger and more conditioned fighters that is the Americans and Westerners.

Its not so much that they are physically inferior its just that they have antiquated training techniques and they refuse to cut weight.

Its not so much that they are physically inferior its just that they have antiquated training techniques and they refuse to cut weight.

Yes,

I have been saying this for years. They fight with the philosophy of the way of the warrior. Being the smaller man and beating the bigger man is the way of the warrior. They don't cut weight and their training focuses more on technique versus strength and conditioning by the Americans.

Although a few greats like Sakaruba have been successful at this, the new generation of fighters will prove to be too much and the Japanese fighters IMO can no longer abide by this warrior mentality. They will be crushed if they do not change their training tactics and cut weight.

Archived