Best of Pride on SPIKE Right Now.. TUNE IN PLEASE

ArcaneKnight

thanks for the heads up AK.

no problem. I've been missing this show, I didn't realize they changed the nights from Friday nights to Wednesday nights. I'll be able to catch the show a lot more now.

Watching this fight, Chuck got tagged with some good shots, but wasn't even phased. Crazy to see how shot Chuck's chin is now, compared to how good it was then.

Tune in people so this show doesn't get canceled. It went live at 9pm eastern.. So I'm sure it'll come on at 9pm central/mountain/western time too. Chuck's first fight in Pride against Mezger is on now.

Check it out people.. Spread the word..

If it is a new episode, my DVR is recording it right now. If only it was in HD...

no problem. I've been missing this show' date=' I didn't realize they changed the nights from Friday nights to Wednesday nights. I'll be able to catch the show a lot more now.

Watching this fight, Chuck got tagged with some good shots, but wasn't even phased. Crazy to see how shot Chuck's chin is now, compared to how good it was then.[/quote']

Too many wars man strikers especially counter strikers don't age well.

no problem. I've been missing this show' date=' I didn't realize they changed the nights from Friday nights to Wednesday nights. I'll be able to catch the show a lot more now.

Watching this fight, Chuck got tagged with some good shots, but wasn't even phased. Crazy to see how shot Chuck's chin is now, compared to how good it was then.[/quote']

i honestly did not figure that out until right now, but thanks again.

honestly i don't think his chin is the problem. he has been hit by rampage & rashad [that ko was beautiful imo]. he's just leaving it too wide open ala shogun & franklin.

counterstrikers like chuck' date=' who dont slip/dodge/parry before countering, dont age well.[/quote']

lol true he never did have much technique hence the ****ed up chin.

Still respect Chuck though hope he hangs up the gloves can't teach an old dog new tricks at this stage .

have they showed a Fedor fight yet?

i stopped watchin it after the first 3-4 cuz they never did

No.. and they won't either. They aren't going to promote someone that is not fighting for them.. Why add more value to Fedor and Strikeforce by doing that? From a business standpoint, it'd be stupid to do that

No.. and they won't either. They aren't going to promote someone that is not fighting for them.. Why add more value to Fedor and Strikeforce by doing that? From a business standpoint' date=' it'd be stupid to do that[/quote']

yea but they said they would

its called "Best of PRIDE"

not "Best of UFC Fighters When they were in PRIDE"

I made a thread about this the other day, about how calling it Best of Pride and not showing Fedor fights and not being available in HD is fail. But AK is right about the business standpoint.

Fights on Best of PRIDE:

Chuck Liddell vs Guy Mezger

Mirko Cro Cop vs Josh Barnett

Paulo Cesar Silva vs Naoya Ogawa

Semmy Schilt vs Yoshihiro Takayama

they were all great PRIDE fights no matter who they are fighting for now...hard not to say that when PRIDE isnt around anymore.

have they showed a Fedor fight yet?

i stopped watchin it after the first 3-4 cuz they never did

Saving all that footage in hopes of when Dana signs Fedor, he can put on a Best of Fedor 3 hour special counterprogram to a Strikeforce event.

Saving all that footage in hopes of when Dana signs Fedor' date=' he can put on a Best of Fedor 3 hour special [/b']counterprogram to a Strikeforce event.

Somebody was saying earlier that Fedor can't sell tickets and the UFC wouldn't be able to promote/hype him. This would be a great start lol.

Somebody was saying earlier that Fedor can't sell tickets and the UFC wouldn't be able to promote/hype him. This would be a great start lol.

Zuffa owns a lot of Fedor fight video. Strikeforce can only really use 1 Bodog fight, 2 Affliction fights, the HMC fight, and now 1 Strikeforce fight to make a highlight real to promote the guy. Hell, they air footage of Fedor training in fields and playgrounds in Russia that they pulled off youtube during the CBS broadcasts.

Zuffa owns a lot of Fedor fight video. Strikeforce can only really use 1 Bodog fight' date=' 2 Affliction fights, the HMC fight, and now 1 Strikeforce fight to make a highlight real to promote the guy. Hell, they air footage of Fedor training in fields and playgrounds in Russia that they pulled off youtube during the CBS broadcasts.[/quote']

haha what the hell even happened to bodog fight?

basically a rich guy wanted a front row seat to watch MMA fights. Then he realized that putting on MMA fights costs money.

oh haha alright. I just remember hearing about Bodog fight about a couple of months before i really got into mma and by that time it was gone so i had always wondered.

Archived