Sign in to follow this  
DSD

Carwin is the real winner, no thanks to the ref.

The majority of fights I've watched have been stopped for less.

So?? Maybe those stoppages were wrong. Carwin can throw all the punches he wants but if Lesnar continues to respond to the refs warnings and show that he isn't badly hurt, why should the fight be stopped?

I saw Lesnar years ago at Wrestlemania do a moonsault off the top-rope and land wrongly on his head chin-first. We're talking about a 300lb man from a high height landing awkwardly on his head. He still got up and finished the match' date=' if that was a normal man he could've broke his neck from that maneuver. That being said thats why he was able to sustain the punishment. And need i remind you yes there have been fights stopped from less, but this was a huge historic TITLE fight the ref was gonna give as much leeway as possible and Lesnar was not out cold or defenseless so take your poor lame excuse and shove it![/quote']

Actually, he did break his neck and finished the match with a broken neck. This is also the reason why he never did another off the top rope moonsault again. Just FYI

Question: How do Carwin's nuts smell? With you hugging them so hard you're in the best position to know. Butthurt much about Shane's loss? I probably shouldn't have written that but I'm tired of all the whining. Bottom line(s):

1. Yes' date=' fights have been stopped for less than that but they were stopped prematurely not this one. The ref should be commended for letting the fighters fight.

2. A fighter is a sum of his parts and cardio is one of those parts. Brock weathered the storm and Shane gassed out. Brock WON the fight.

3. Both fighters deserve respect for their performances. Brock gave Shane his props at the start of the 2nd round and after the fight. If you're hero was able to do this then why can't you?

4. Shane taught Brock some class and they're both better men for it. Brock demonstrated this in his post fights comments. Why can't you in your post fight comments do this as well. Lestards?!? That's original.

5. Next time we see them, they will both be better fighters and they're still 2 of the best HW's in the world regardless of the outcome of this fight. Personally, I can't wait for Lesnar vs. Carwin 2 and I would give it 50/50 odds when it does happen.

I can't wait to read the retarded dribble you'll post after reading this. It should be good for a chuckle or two. Flame away, Carwinator![/quote']

Actually I'm an MMA Fan! Ummm I know it's crazy and all but most (Intelligent)people tend to shy away from somebody who comes into the UFC loses his 1st fight beats an old SCRUB(Heath Herring) and then gets a title shot. And after he wins the title against a 44 year old man does nothing but talk sh*t flip off the crowd act like he's still in the WWE win he beats mir and "THINK" he's invincible and say that he has NOTHING to be scared of when it comes to fighting anyone...Including the guy who put him on his a** and beat the crap out of him....I'm not saying that he didn't submit (a GASSED)Carwin I'm just saying if Carwin didn't gas we would ALL be singing a different tune right now!! But that's just how it goes sometimes. I accept it. Regardless though if the situation were reversed and Brock was beating the crap out of Carwin in the 1st round and VERY WELL could have been stopped then the 2nd round lesnar gets submitted I think you and every other person who is saying stop making excsuses for carwin would be saying the EXACT same thing I am! So please spare me your hot garbage!

I kind of expected to see Carwin fans questioning the decision but there is no place for it, really.

Just be realistic. Carwin did a fantastic job in the first round and dominated Brock - fact. However, of all those 70 something strikes, only few were actually power strikes, the rest wasn't that strong - fact. Brock was never close to getting knocked out - fact. He did defend himself intelligently as he was able to absorb most of the punches with his forearms - fact. He responded to every Rosenthall's warning by throwing a punch or pushing Carwin with his legs - fact.

Carwin relied too much on his KO power and didn't think it through like "what if i don't manage to KO him in the first?" and you can tell he didn't plan to go the second round. Say all you want but he was fighting the champ and he had to be prepared for a 5 round war just in case his always the same strategy doesn't work this time.

My hat's off to both guys but especially to Brock who managed to stay mentally strong after that 1st round. He didn't eat too much damage but it had to affect his mind a lot that he was dominated like that for the first time in his life. However, he came back strong and fresh in the second and the rest is history. Carwin gassed, yes, but it doesn't mean that's the reason Brock won. Even if it went to the 3rd or 4th round, the chances of Carwin KO him out would just shrink more and more anyway. Since he left it all in the first round and still didn't manage to put Brock out, i don't see it happening ever. I just think Brock would take a different approach in their rematch and never let Carwin do the same thing.

So, to sum it all up: it was a very fun fight to watch and to see Brock come back strong and smart in the second and get a submission win (i think even he didn't predict that) was just phenomenal. Like him or hate him, but he deserves respect for sure and he proved that he is a champion cuz he was losing and managed to turn the table.

Congratulations to both guys but especially to Brock after going through that nightmare cuz of his illness and still being able to get back into shape and defend his title.

Cheers

carwins camp isnt gonna complain about it at least not in the ring or at a press conference thats not how profeesionals do things. but the whole time with all the arguing i havent seen anybody offer one example of someone getting hit like that on bottom without it being a TKO. he wasnt defending himself. hands over ur head isnt defending urself thats reflex like blinking. hes danas new goldenboy since he beat Mir and came in with his own name and fanbase.thats his 6th fight. carwin was 12-0 before first title fight but UFC doesnt play favorites?

Yeah you're right. In the history of MMA no one has ever been rocked, taken punishment and then came back to win. If Brock wasn't defending himself, how was he not more badly hurt? How was he able to stand at the end of the round? How was he able to put Carwin away so quickly in round 2?

I believe this was Carwin's 5th or 6th UFC fight. That's a pretty quick title shot. And if Brock hadn't gotten sick he would have got the shot in November before he fought Mir.

I lost money on this fight but I disagree. Awesome choice for the ref to continue the fight. Brock was getting pummeled by punches but he was always workin off his back trying to get Carwin off of him. He didn't get knocked out, he was busy off his back the wholetime, therefore no need for a stoppage.

OMFG ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I guess the new key to winning fights is just flailing away at your grounded opponent and if you throw enough punches regardless if they even land clean you'll get the TKO!!!!

You're probably the same guy who thought Nelson's baby tap finish of Kimbo on the Ultimate Fighter was a dominating performance too lmfao.

I lost money on this fight but I disagree. Awesome choice for the ref to continue the fight. Brock was getting pummeled by punches but he was always workin off his back trying to get Carwin off of him. He didn't get knocked out' date=' he was busy off his back the wholetime, therefore no need for a stoppage.[/quote']

Exactly. These people would be applauding Rosenthal if he had let a fight involving any other fighter continue like that. But they all hate Lesnar, so Rosenthal is a bum.

Yeah you're right. In the history of MMA no one has ever been rocked' date=' taken punishment and then came back to win. If Brock wasn't defending himself, how was he not more badly hurt? How was he able to stand at the end of the round? How was he able to put Carwin away so quickly in round 2?

I believe this was Carwin's 5th or 6th UFC fight. That's a pretty quick title shot. And if Brock hadn't gotten sick he would have got the shot in November before he fought Mir.[/quote']

The BIG difference here is Shane WON all of those fights. Brock was 1-1 in the UFC and got a shot....Hmmmmm....Oh and to answer your question he was able to submit carwin because carwin gassed himself out when he was punching Brock in the FACE! *lol* Just had to get that in there!

Wow said the kid who just got a profile here because the big muscle-y wrestler won last night! *lol* Where were you before?? Sweating bullets because you know Brock is garbage on his feet and that Carwin was just as big so lesnar wasn't going to bully him around like he did 240 pound frank mir? *lol* It's ok baby girl! Welcome to the forums!! And be sure to re-read what I wrote!! Because EVERY LESTARD on these forums says the EXACT same thing about the 1st Frank Mir fight!! *lol* Yet the damage done to Brock last night and the punishment he was taking was worse. Oh and since you don't understand much and only like Brock because he's big and u OBVIOUSLY like that gay a** WWF garbage It's not an excuse its a REASON!!!!!!!!!!! Please go back to 3rd grade and learn the difference!! Thanks for being a Customer tho!

HAHA! That shows what you know, i'm not someone that just joined all of a sudden cuz Lesnar won last night. I been watching both the UFC and WWE for years! I'm a fan of both u can be u know. I also happen to dabble in mma myself so i know a thing or 2 i'm a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and i'm currently learning BJJ. I dont normally join these forums cuz its a waste of precious time but i had to tell off all the Brock haters.

there will be a rematch and carwin will knock him out

There is no need for an immediate rematch. Lesnar showed his chin and intelligence (at least as a fighter) and Carwin made a mistake by not holding off on punches and trying to improve his position and drop bombs. I'm a big fan of both fighters, but I'd really hate to see a trend of rematches that may or may not be happening now.

The BIG difference here is Shane WON all of those fights. Brock was 1-1 in the UFC and got a shot....Hmmmmm

Ok, you've got me there. I won't dispute that Brock's WWE popularity got him the bigger fights much quicker than most. But the HW division was pretty thin when Brock showed up. No one really knew about Carwin, Cain, JDS etc. so it made sense to push Brock as much as they could. But he's proving that he belongs so I really can't see the fault in it.

Actually I'm an MMA Fan! Ummm I know it's crazy and all but most (Intelligent)people tend to shy away from somebody who comes into the UFC loses his 1st fight beats an old SCRUB(Heath Herring) and then gets a title shot. And after he wins the title against a 44 year old man does nothing but talk sh*t flip off the crowd act like he's still in the WWE win he beats mir and "THINK" he's invincible and say that he has NOTHING to be scared of when it comes to fighting anyone...Including the guy who put him on his a** and beat the crap out of him....I'm not saying that he didn't submit (a GASSED)Carwin I'm just saying if Carwin didn't gas we would ALL be singing a different tune right now!! But that's just how it goes sometimes. I accept it. Regardless though if the situation were reversed and Brock was beating the crap out of Carwin in the 1st round and VERY WELL could have been stopped then the 2nd round lesnar gets submitted I think you and every other person who is saying stop making excsuses for carwin would be saying the EXACT same thing I am! So please spare me your hot garbage!

Let's not bring in the discussions about all the fighters who, perhaps, got their title shot pretty fast and only after few fights. It depends on many factors and it is not the subject of this thread.

Second thing, i can't ignore the fact that you are stressing the fact that Carwin gassed as some sort of an unlucky coincidence. Like someone else here said - conditioning is a part of every fighter and every fight (i will add - HUGE factor). If Carwin didn't prepare well, means he's not really smart. If he did prepare and still gassed, means that he just doesn't have what it takes to KO Brock cuz i think we all agree that he gave all he had in that 1st round. Whatever the reason, i understand you are disappointed since your fighter lost but it's not cool to discredit Brock because of that. It takes a lot of heart not to break under the barrage of punches of 280lbs guy on top of you and to manage to come back from it and even win the fight.

We can talk about "what ifs" and all but it doesn't change the fact that Brock won fair and square and nobody was questioning the refs decision to let the fight go on (except 5 people on this forum).

And trust me, it wasn't a bad ref call. If refs didn't stop Brock's fight with Mir (1st fight) or with Randy Couture a minute earlier, than this was certainly not worth a stoppage. Brock wasn't badly hurt and was intelligently defending himself.

Cheers

Question: How do Carwin's nuts smell? With you hugging them so hard you're in the best position to know. Butthurt much about Shane's loss? I probably shouldn't have written that but I'm tired of all the whining. Bottom line(s):

1. Yes' date=' fights have been stopped for less than that but they were stopped prematurely not this one. The ref should be commended for letting the fighters fight.

2. A fighter is a sum of his parts and cardio is one of those parts. Brock weathered the storm and Shane gassed out. Brock WON the fight.

3. Both fighters deserve respect for their performances. Brock gave Shane his props at the start of the 2nd round and after the fight. If you're hero was able to do this then why can't you?

4. Shane taught Brock some class and they're both better men for it. Brock demonstrated this in his post fights comments. Why can't you in your post fight comments do this as well. Lestards?!? That's original.

5. Next time we see them, they will both be better fighters and they're still 2 of the best HW's in the world regardless of the outcome of this fight. Personally, I can't wait for Lesnar vs. Carwin 2 and I would give it 50/50 odds when it does happen.

I can't wait to read the retarded dribble you'll post after reading this. It should be good for a chuckle or two. Flame away, Carwinator![/quote']

your third grade contor i'll leave alone. in regards to your

1. i agree, and the point i make is that ALL fights should be treated in the maner in which this was.

2. true, but carwin would not have gassed out on so many punches if they didn't typically stop fights like that.

3. true, both fighters showed class and sportsmanship, but i believe this fight could've been a better one if fights were consistantly called, then fighters know how a fight will be called, and fight accordingly.

4. agreed. as i agree with your 5 as well.

Ok' date=' you've got me there. I won't dispute that Brock's WWE popularity got him the bigger fights much quicker than most. But the HW division was pretty thin when Brock showed up. No one really knew about Carwin, Cain, JDS etc. so it made sense to push Brock as much as they could. But he's proving that he belongs so I really can't see the fault in it.[/quote']

Also I would like to add that at the post-fight presser Dana White said he told Brock that he wasn't going to give him any easy fights. Then he went on to say how he was going to make an example of Brock (lawls) and then said also James Toney. I love this sport!

The BIG difference here is Shane WON all of those fights. Brock was 1-1 in the UFC and got a shot....Hmmmmm....Oh and to answer your question he was able to submit carwin because carwin gassed himself out when he was punching Brock in the FACE! *lol* Just had to get that in there!

And Brock took those punches to the face (and forearms), was never knocked out and was in good enough condition to take Shane down and submit him. And why do you keep referring to Shane being gassed as though it's some detriment to Brock? Is Lesnar supposed to apologize for taking advantage of a tired opponent? Was he supposed to just dance around the cage awhile so Shane could catch his breath?

And Brock took those punches to the face (and forearms)' date=' was never knocked out and was in good enough condition to take Shane down and submit him. And why do you keep referring to Shane being gassed as though it's some detriment to Brock? Is Lesnar supposed to apologize for taking advantage of a tired opponent? Was he supposed to just dance around the cage awhile so Shane could catch his breath?[/quote']

if a ref typically stops a fight b/c one fighter keeps throwing punches and the other just lays there with a guard up, that tells you why carwin kept punching even though they weren't all brutal blows. that did gas him out. that's why i blame the ref (or more appropriately ref's, all the ones who typically stop these kinds of fights). i'm sure carwin would've been more selective otherwise, and not had gassed out. would he have won, idk, but, i would've been more interested, and have more respect for lesnars win if this was the case.

And Brock took those punches to the face (and forearms)' date=' was never knocked out and was in good enough condition to take Shane down and submit him. And why do you keep referring to Shane being gassed as though it's some detriment to Brock? Is Lesnar supposed to apologize for taking advantage of a tired opponent? Was he supposed to just dance around the cage awhile so Shane could catch his breath?[/quote']

It's been said before in this forum but since you didn't read it before then here you go. Shane ONLY Gased out because most fights in situations where the person is just curling up in a little ball gets stopped when there is nothing but punches coming at you. If shane would have thought that this fight was for some reason special compared to all the other fights that were stopped due to less then he WOULD NOT have gased himself out like that......And I love how nobody is talking about how brock is a monster or invincible anymore...The dude got smacked around for the 1st round and pretty easily too!

Especially for being an "Invincible Monster" as all his followers have labeled him. I guess that aura is gone forever. If there's a rematch which there probably will be sometime all you brock lovers better hope shane comes in with no cardio... Because when shane was fresh he was losing not only the stand-up battle but he couldn't take shane down either.

Its a title fight and Carwin should have known nearly all title fights don't get stopped due to the ref feeling sorry for the guy on bottom. Look at the Lesnar and Mir fight, they stopped it b/c Mir was out. Same with Carwin and Mir, they stopped it b/c Mir was out. Brock was never out and he start moving when the ref would start creeping in. This fight was more a battle of brains then brawn. Brock outsmarted Carwin just like Werdum sucked Fedor into his guard. Lesnar won its done, he is the champ still and Carwin is the loser.

The ref screwed Carwin out of this win. Carwin undeniably won this fight' date=' but the ref failed to realize what a TKO is. How many fights in the history of the UFC were stopped due to "failed to defend oneself"? how many fighters, received TKO's because some crappy **** love taps were thrown at an undazed opponent, and win the fight via TKO? Any fighter in any weight class would've wore themselves out throwing that many unanswered punches... so where was the TKO? failing to defend oneself, does not mean fall into a fetal position and do nothing, so what does Carwin do, keeps punching, what does the ref do? the same thing Lesner did... NOTHING!

Carwin was robbed!!! Is Carwin the best HW? maybe not, but he definitely beat Lesner. If this is considered a legit win for Lesner, there should NEVER be another TKO, unless the recipient is dazed just short of a KO! and all the other wins due to TKO's that fit this discription should be reversed as well. Big country's contract should be revoked, due to pusyfoot punches resulting in a TKO.

I just can't get over the fact that Carwin punched nearly four minutes of unanswered punches and no TKO! Of course he was tired, was that a mistake? IDK, based on the history of how fights are called, the only mistake was that the fight was not called via TKO. I wanna know how many fighters could throw that many punches and not be gassed? yeah, Lesner took it, I give a few for that, but no real skills observed, just take a beating, then submit a gassed out Carwin... I'm not impressed. at least not yet. Perhaps Dana is pushing for this redneck soap opera for the money side of things... hmm, Tito... oh yeah, f@#k pushing personallities, MMA sports, let the fighting do the talking and selling.

on the upside, it looks like Lesner is learning some class. But, until he's had the humbling experience of working his way up to earning the title Champ, I'll never consider him one.[/quote']

i think with the precendent of whats been set before, your probably right, but imo lesnar was moving around, defending his face, trying to at least grab on or kick out sometimes too, very close though

The ref screwed Carwin out of this win. Carwin undeniably won this fight' date=' but the ref failed to realize what a TKO is. How many fights in the history of the UFC were stopped due to "failed to defend oneself"? how many fighters, received TKO's because some crappy **** love taps were thrown at an undazed opponent, and win the fight via TKO? Any fighter in any weight class would've wore themselves out throwing that many unanswered punches... so where was the TKO? failing to defend oneself, does not mean fall into a fetal position and do nothing, so what does Carwin do, keeps punching, what does the ref do? the same thing Lesner did... NOTHING!

Carwin was robbed!!! Is Carwin the best HW? maybe not, but he definitely beat Lesner. If this is considered a legit win for Lesner, there should NEVER be another TKO, unless the recipient is dazed just short of a KO! and all the other wins due to TKO's that fit this discription should be reversed as well. Big country's contract should be revoked, due to pusyfoot punches resulting in a TKO.

I just can't get over the fact that Carwin punched nearly four minutes of unanswered punches and no TKO! Of course he was tired, was that a mistake? IDK, based on the history of how fights are called, the only mistake was that the fight was not called via TKO. I wanna know how many fighters could throw that many punches and not be gassed? yeah, Lesner took it, I give a few for that, but no real skills observed, just take a beating, then submit a gassed out Carwin... I'm not impressed. at least not yet. Perhaps Dana is pushing for this redneck soap opera for the money side of things... hmm, Tito... oh yeah, f@#k pushing personallities, MMA sports, let the fighting do the talking and selling.

on the upside, it looks like Lesner is learning some class. But, until he's had the humbling experience of working his way up to earning the title Champ, I'll never consider him one.[/quote']

Rosenthal was right on top of the action and the truth of the matter is that Brock was defending himself. I wanted Carwin to win but plain and simple, he gassed himself out. Can't blame him though, he landed a few punches and was going for the kill. I don't know how Lesnar survived that round but he showed no signs of being out of it and made it through the round. Carwin had nothing left and simply couldn't stop the takedown. He's got nothing to be ashamed of, he fought his **** off, just didn't have enough left to finish it so I'm sure he's kicking himself for that, but Lesnar showed some heart and grinded out the win. What more does this guy need to do to get some respect?

It's been said before in this forum but since you didn't read it before then here you go. Shane ONLY Gased out because most fights in situations where the person is just curling up in a little ball gets stopped when there is nothing but punches coming at you. If shane would have thought that this fight was for some reason special compared to all the other fights that were stopped due to less then he WOULD NOT have gased himself out like that......And I love how nobody is talking about how brock is a monster or invincible anymore...The dude got smacked around for the 1st round and pretty easily too!

Especially for being an "Invincible Monster" as all his followers have labeled him. I guess that aura is gone forever. If there's a rematch which there probably will be sometime all you brock lovers better hope shane comes in with no cardio... Because when shane was fresh he was losing not only the stand-up battle but he couldn't take shane down either.

thank you, i was begining to think no one could understand that. i thought that maybe i was the retard... now i can sleep. hah. btw, i love your tito quote in your sig, if that's a sign, i wonder which HW Chuck is thinking that about.

No actually I read that several times and simply disregarded it as excuse making junk. If Shane actually went into that fight thinking "well, most fights get stopped when one fighter just throws a bunch of punches and the other guy covers up so I'll just go for broke and hope it gets stopped" then he is as stupid as this argument. Every fight is different and unfortunately there are inconsistencies in the way certain refs handle things. And there are gonna be, that is a really tough job.

As for the 2nd part of your nonsense, wow Shane did better when he was fresh. Really? That's stunning. Being a champion means fighting through all kinds of adversity, including being tired. No matter how good you are, you're not gonna KO everybody in the 1st round.

thank you' date=' i was begining to think no one could understand that. i thought that maybe i was the retard... now i can sleep. hah. btw, i love your tito quote in your sig, if that's a sign, i wonder which HW Chuck is thinking that about.[/quote']

I understand your point perfectly, I just happen to wholeheartedly disagree. Nobody's a retard, we just have different opinions. It's what makes like interesting.

He had a game plan and executed it.

I am a bit stunned but...The man stood up and did what he said.

Ne has earned my respect. There will be a Lesnar vs Carwin II

Stop hating. Making excuses. Lesnar won clean, fair and square.

I am Carwin fan 100%. Nut can't deny Brocks victory in any way shape of form. He earned it!

No actually I read that several times and simply disregarded it as excuse making junk. If Shane actually went into that fight thinking "well' date=' most fights get stopped when one fighter just throws a bunch of punches and the other guy covers up so I'll just go for broke and hope it gets stopped" then he is as stupid as this argument. Every fight is different and unfortunately there are inconsistencies in the way certain refs handle things. And there are gonna be, that is a really tough job.

As for the 2nd part of your nonsense, wow Shane did better when he was fresh. Really? That's stunning. Being a champion means fighting through all kinds of adversity, including being tired. No matter how good you are, you're not gonna KO everybody in the 1st round.[/quote']

Read my blog in my gio. I refere to some of this in it.

This is re†arded. He never went unconscious, so how can you argue that the ref should have stooped it? The fact he didn't get KO'd proves the guy did the right thing by not stopping it. How can you argue that?

Carwin mentioned in his blog that the ref warned Brock that he was going to stop the fight. The point of this is to give the defending fighter a chance to show the ref he's okay, which Brock did. Quit crying because your man lost tonight. He'll be back.

If Shane actually went into that fight thinking "well' date=' most fights get stopped when one fighter just throws a bunch of punches and the other guy covers up so I'll just go for broke and hope it gets stopped"[/quote']

shane actually said he was gonna go in and be patient, once on top of brock, he was led on that the fight was gonna be stopped b/c the ref kept saying he was gonna stop the fight, and then brock extends his arm (intelligently defending himself... :/ is it beyond possible that shane was suckered into punching himself out? could've he have been smarter, yes. i can't change the outcome of this fight, so brock won. but ref's should stay out of it, if the fight needs to stop, then stop it, don't say you're going to do something and then don't b/c you extend your arm, that's not changing anything... so now i feel even more strongly that the ref influenced the outcome of this fight.

Lesnar was intelligently defending himself' date=' he was moving and he was throwing a few little strikes from the bottem to let the ref know he was fine.

Stop with your crying and bow to the #1 Heavyweight in the world[/quote']

#1 HW in the world? hes got a LONG way to go for that title lol

shane actually said he was gonna go in and be patient' date=' once on top of brock, he was led on that the fight was gonna be stopped b/c the ref kept saying he was gonna stop the fight, and then brock extends his arm (intelligently defending himself... :/ is it beyond possible that shane was suckered into punching himself out? could've he have been smarter, yes. i can't change the outcome of this fight, so brock won. but ref's should stay out of it, if the fight needs to stop, then stop it, don't say you're going to do something and then don't b/c you extend your arm, that's not changing anything... so now i feel even more strongly that the ref influenced the outcome of this fight.[/quote']

Look, I respect your opinion, but the more you post the more I disagree with you. Warning the fighter who is in trouble that they need to fight back or the fight will be stopped is MMA refreeing 101. They all do it. It's necessary to determine whether a fighter is able to continue. Brock proved he was able to continue every time he was warned, that's why the fight wasn't stopped. Carwin didn't do enough to stop the fight and then he gassed. It's ALL on him. The ref did his job.

So basically you're saying that there's been many early stoppages in the past, which everytime raised hell on this forum because of course a prematured stoppage is never wanted, and that so there should have been a premature stoppage this time too.. Heh ok.. Because refs made mistakes in the past they should do one here too? Brock wasn't TKO he was knocked down and he recovered and kept protecting himself. The "failed to defend oneself" isn't about throwing back punches. It,s about being able to protect yourself, that is, blocking the hits and not leaving your head laying there without protection. Brock kept grabbing Carwin,s wrists and blocking.

I can understand that all the ****s wanted Brock to lose so much that the second he received a couple punches on the ground they were like "ITS OVER STOP IT" but truth is Lesnar wasn't done yet. Proof of that is how he just stood up and walked to his corner at the end of the round. Plus you know damn well that in a big fight the refs are a bit more permissive with the fighters you really have to put the guy to sleep to end it. Look how the ref waited for Carwin vs Mir. The ref basically gave Mir some time even after he flatten on the ground.

This fight was not stopped in the first because it wasn't necassary,Brock was not in total danger.Get over it,it was a good fight and legit.Carwin just has to come in better his next go around.

You make a point here, but look at the outcome. Obviously Lesnar wasn't finished. Secondly, championship bouts always go a little longer before they stop fights. Look at BJ v Sanchez, what a fu*kin beatin he took and they kept on going. I didn't think lLesnar could function after that, I mean, he took some real hard punishment, and hard hits from Carwin. That man is freakin dangerous(Carwin). Lesnar is one tough dude though, that you can't take from him.

shane actually said he was gonna go in and be patient' date=' once on top of brock, he was led on that the fight was gonna be stopped b/c the ref kept saying he was gonna stop the fight, and then brock extends his arm (intelligently defending himself... :/ is it beyond possible that shane was suckered into punching himself out? could've he have been smarter, yes. i can't change the outcome of this fight, so brock won. but [b']ref's should stay out of it, if the fight needs to stop, then stop it[/b], don't say you're going to do something and then don't b/c you extend your arm, that's not changing anything... so now i feel even more strongly that the ref influenced the outcome of this fight.

you realize you just killed your entire argument by saying the ref should stay out of it because the ref did not stand them back up...Lesnar got up. It kills the entire argument that its similar to the Frank Mir fight too because the ref stood them up and Mir was gettin pounded. Lesnar did enough in the refs eyes for the fight to continue. Props to Lesnar for winning by SUBMISSION which everyone has said that he was a one trick pony too. Carwin should have prepared for more than one round, he has all the skills to be a champion but he needs to rework his gameplans and when he does because he will. he will be a better fight for this loss.

I was a little surprized it wasn't stopped, but in a title match I'd rather the ref not get involved unless there clearly is no choice. I didn't think brock was really defending himself, but its still on Carwin to finish the fight, not the ref. The thing is he really wasn't in danger of getting punched from Brock so he shouldn't have stopped wailing away, period.

They say don't leave it in the hands of the judges, well now add to that dont leave it to the ref.

KO them and no one else has any say in the outcome.

GJ by brock with the comeback

You know the Carwin Mir fight should have been stopped early. Look what happen Mir was knocked the f out. Why didn't Carwin knock lesnar out cuz he can take a punch. The ref had nothing to do with this one.

I'm pretty sure that in the post fight interview that Carwin said that Brock was a tough fighter and that Lesnar won the fight. If he didn't have a problem with the ref then why do you? Props to both Lesnar and Carwin' date=' easily 2 of the best HW in the world today.[/quote']

+1 but is undeniable Brock baddest man on the planet

In your opinion Nogueira should never have won against Crocop, Sapp?

I'm a borderline Lesnar hater.

But you end a fight by KO or submission, everything else doesn't count in my book.

The fact that Brock came back and won is enough to prove that the ref the right thing.

Nothing bodders me more than early stoppages.

Go watch dancing the stars this is MMA!

#1 HW in the world? hes got a LONG way to go for that title lol

A LONG way???? Who does he have to beat? If he beats Cain then he's beaten all the best legit UFC HWs that he could beat. IF your talking outside the UFC i really think Brock could beat Fedor as well, Fedor is not as strong or powerful as Carwin is.

Lesnar won hes pulled it off showed he could take a beating and get back up. I think its funny how 75% of the ppl on here thought that Carwin was going to win and that brock was a clown a chump etc, now almost everyone is saying he's a beast and the best.

Really? He wasn't?

Did he ever go out?

Was he throwing punches from the bottom?

Was he trying to kick Shane Carwin off of him?

The first onslaught is when it should have been ended. There was a good 8 seconds where Lesnar wasn't doing anything to defend himself but put his hands over his face.

All in all, I'm glad they didn't stop the fight. Lesnar showed how resilient he really is. Coming from a Carwin fan, that should mean something to you guys.

Lesnar won hes pulled it off showed he could take a beating and get back up. I think its funny how 75% of the ppl on here thought that Carwin was going to win and that brock was a clown a chump etc' date=' now almost everyone is saying he's a beast and the best.[/quote']

He hasn't been tested before. Just because Lesnar fanboys were right, doesn't mean we were stupid for betting against him.

I look at the situation like it's when Microsoft first came out. Along comes Brock, "The next big thing," (literally), and a few people invested everything they had into him and it paid off for them. But given his accolades prior to the fight, they weren't very impressive.

LOL TKO?! I dont think so. I watched the fight with 9 people and 7 of them are Carwin fans. Nobody in the room thought the fight should've been stopped. Get over it, man. The ref definitely made the right call. Lesnar was conscious the entire time he was getting pounded.