explain to me how brock got SOTN and lytle didnt?

Uwillsubmit

One is Dana's go to boy' date=' one isn't.[/quote']

this, plus it was unexpected, it "showed Lesnar's growth in the sport" (not direct quotes, but not my words) as well as being Main Event status, and surviving the first round's onslaught

Brock got the SOTN simply because it was so unexpected winning over Carwin that way and a pretty big moment.

That being said though as far as technique and difficulty are concerned Lytle really did deserve it more.

^^What he said!^^ Lytle definitely deserved it more...or Leben for that matter. They rarely give the same guy FOTN plus sub or KO bunus, but Leben would have deserved it had he gotten it.

bit of a joke aint it

even funnier that brock had full mount and had no idea what to do lol

Didn't know what to do? Other than pass to side mount in order to finish his choke? God people these days......

That being said it is a choke you can finish from mount but I'm sure Brock felt much better being in the more traditional finishing position.

The submission people will rember for a long time is Brock's. it was not expected, he worked for it, and he completed it perfectly..

That is why he got it..

It is not the "prettyest" or "best" submission that get the honor, it is the most "sellable"... and lesnar won that easilly.. It is the same with KO of the night and fight of the night.. it is all a marketing gimick..

Didn't know what to do? Other than pass to side mount in order to finish his choke? God people these days......

That being said it is a choke you can finish from mount but I'm sure Brock felt much better being in the more traditional finishing position.

The reason that was said because if you watched the fight Brock had to look and ask his corner what to do..

thats just dana lickin brock's schnuts lytle deserved it..........but to be fair dana said thats the bonuses he mentioned werent the only ones because he card turned out so great...so lets hope lytle got his due

I hope so, on another note. You're avatar really creeps me out, I really hate it.

Nice one ;)

Lytle gets subs all the time and this was Brock's first submission ever.

Seeing that Brock has had six fights' date=' that's not really impressive. If it was his first submission after 20 fights, maybe a bit more surprising.

The submission people will rember for a long time is Brock's. it was not expected, he worked for it, and he completed it perfectly..

That is why he got it..

It is not the "prettyest" or "best" submission that get the honor, it is the most "sellable"... and lesnar won that easilly.. It is the same with KO of the night and fight of the night.. it is all a marketing gimick..

It's the most sellable because Brock brings retarded WWE fans to the sport, and DW is trying to blow every single one of the simultaneously.

A mounted triangle/armbar is a sick submission which is really hard to pull off. An arm triangle' date=' not so much. I was very disappointed to see Brock get SOTN, but not surprised.[/quote']

Agree. Submission of the night should be based on difficulty and situation. Lytle pulled of a complex submission in a pretty even fight. Leben pulled off a last minute submission that was masterfully set up with strikes from the bottom.

Lesnar put a simple arm triangle on a fighter who was 100% gassed out and couldn't defend himself. Props for winning, props for finishing, that was no where ****ing close to submission of that night.

DW giving that bonus to Lesnar is insulting to Leben and Lytle. It basically tells them it doesn't matter what kind of crazy move you do, Lesnar is getting the bonus if he does anything remotely resembling what you did.

Archived