Things that shocked you about fighters.

everlast69

He's still an engineer if I'm correct. He does it when he isn't fighting. And to answer your question' date=' he's got a degree in mechanical engineering and environmental (something something), couldn't remember.[/quote']

He works for his local water district or something. He does it when he fighting. He says he likes to get away from fighting and actually work and be a productive member of society. And no, I'm not a creepy Shane Carwin fan! I just seen some of his interviews :P

Rampage , chose acting over fighting , it even shocked him , haha..his next opponent will get his face punched in...

Anderson's dance moves..haha.

Dan Hardy's mertial arts background ( suprised GSP too, haha)

Can't think of anymore right now, will post more later...

All of the above, of course, and the best of all - Dana White was an aerobic instructor when he was young! That sh1t is hilarious! I can imagine him bouncing around and having hair! :))

And some other surprises: the green ranger from power rangers started professional MMA career (he even won his debut), Andrei Arlovski was a cop, Fedor lives in the same apartment as before starting his fighting career and earning ridiculous amounts of money, Kevin Randlemen almost died 2 years ago due to staph infection complications, Court McGee was a drug addict and close to dying,... Many surprises really

Cheers

All of the above' date=' of course, and the best of all - Dana White was an aerobic instructor when he was young! That sh1t is hilarious! I can imagine him bouncing around and having hair! :))

And some other surprises: the green ranger from power rangers started professional MMA career (he even won his debut), Andrei Arlovski was a cop, [b']Fedor lives in the same apartment as before starting his fighting career and earning ridiculous amounts of money, [/b]Kevin Randlemen almost died 2 years ago due to staph infection complications, Court McGee was a drug addict and close to dying,... Many surprises really

Cheers

I didn't know I could like Fedor anymore than I already do, thank you.

Some others come to mind :

Crocop leading an anti terrorist task force ( which doesn't really surprise me ) .

Matt H having a twin..( the real surprising part is how come his brother never fought ? )

GSP used to be a waiter or a bus boy or something in New york?

I think the whole Court Mcgee thing is blown out of proportion..to hype him up as a fighter...you people obviously haven't seen Heroin addicts ,or the one's that almost died , or the one's recovering.. he probably did have some sort of drug problem , who doesn't ? haha...but now whenever you hear his name , something concerning drugs and survival is in the next sentence .

He works for his local water district or something. He does it when he fighting. He says he likes to get away from fighting and actually work and be a productive member of society. And no' date=' I'm not a creepy Shane Carwin fan! I just seen some of his interviews :P[/quote']

Shane Carwin is an engineer for North Weld Water in Greeley, Colorado...I actually was told by a saleman from my company that he is a costumer of ours....we manufacture water valves and hydrants...I thought that was pretty cool

He was not run over by a truck' date=' Big nog was run over by a bull. His nick name is portuguese for some sort of mythical creature resembling a bull, because he survived.[/quote']

the minotaur was a greek myth of a half man, half bull creature that inhabited the labyrinth.

but that aside, nog was hit by a truck.

some type of urine therapy...he isnt the only one' date=' but he drinks his own pee...I am not sure on the quantity or how often he does it tho[/quote']

Both he and his father, along with others in their training facility, drink their own urine every day. From an interview with Lyoto's dad (in which he drank a fresh cup of his own piss in front of the camera) he says both he and his son drink their own urine first thing in the morning.

And yes, that fact threw me for a freakin' loop.

I didn't know I could like Fedor anymore than I already do' date=' thank you.[/quote']

You're welcome :)

Yes, Fedor is an incredible down to earth guy. Humble, normal, and money and fame didn't change him or his life style at all. Most people have no idea how rare that is.

P.S. As for GSP, i know for sure that he use to be a bouncer at clubs.

Cheers

He was not run over by a truck' date=' Big nog was run over by a bull. His nick name is portuguese for some sort of mythical creature resembling a bull, because he survived.[/quote']

Sorry but i have to correct you: Big Nog WAS hit by a truck when he was a kid. He was in a coma and stayed in hospital very long. Doctors thought he won't survive and even if he did, that he will stay a vegetable. Still, he recuperated, healed and managed to do what he did. Incredible story. As for Minotaur, a Greek mythical creature - half man - half bull.

Cheers

Archived