Sign in to follow this  
XxXx

Number one contender LHW

Rashad Evans the #1 contender? this is a joke right?

How can someone like Rashad be given a title shot so early, he was beaten BADLY to loose that title.. I think Rashad is a joke, he was scared ****less of Rampage Jackson. The way he won that fight did not shout number one contender, all he did was take down the ring rusted Rampage, and smother him.. and when he did get hit he went down like a *****.

If anyone is to be given a title shot it should be Rich Franklin, Sure he lost to Vitor belfort but that was a catchweight fight. His last 3 fights he won 2 of 3 fights decisively, and came short against henderson in a SPLIT decision.

Rashad evans has won his last 2 fights by decision.. come on. I know a win is a win, but he should atleast have one or two more wins under his belt before he gets a title shot.

All I'm saying is Rashad is a terrible fighter, who doesn't deserve this shot.

How can someone like Rashad be given a title shot so early' date=' he was beaten BADLY to loose that title.. I think Rashad is a joke, he was scared ****less of Rampage Jackson. The way he won that fight did not shout number one contender, all he did was take down the ring rusted Rampage, and smother him.. and when he did get hit he went down like a *****.

If anyone is to be given a title shot it should be Rich Franklin, Sure he lost to Vitor belfort but that was a catchweight fight. His last 3 fights he won 2 of 3 fights decisively, and came short against henderson in a SPLIT decision.

Rashad evans has won his last 2 fights by decision.. come on. I know a win is a win, but he should atleast have one or two more wins under his belt before he gets a title shot.

All I'm saying is Rashad is a terrible fighter, who doesn't deserve this shot.[/quote']

Dana said the winner of Thiago Silva/ Rashad Evans gets Rampage and winner of that gets the title. You should stop trolling btw.

I just read the recent post about Machida wanting an interim title shot and it blew my mind that either Machida or Evans would even be considered in the title hunt so soon.

P.S

**** I hate little ******* like you who complain about flaming and trolling like its some kind of disease, shut the **** up I'm speaking my mind and its just my opinon.

god damn ****ing nerds trying to be forum police.

Rashad is a terrible fighter???

Come on!! Opinions are oppinions and your allowed to have one.. but saying hes a terrible fighter makes you look stupid, his record speaks for itself!!!

I dont like Rashad, most people dont like him, but he wins fights. I dont know how new you are but as we all know the winner of the Rampage fight was promised a title shot, so thats why he got it.. you really think Rich Franklin is more deserving??

You might be right, Shogun got his shot after beating Chuck, why not Franklin? lol

How can someone like Rashad be given a title shot so early' date=' he was beaten BADLY to loose that title.. I think Rashad is a joke, he was scared ****less of Rampage Jackson. The way he won that fight did not shout number one contender, all he did was take down the ring rusted Rampage, and smother him.. and when he did get hit he went down like a *****.

All I'm saying is Rashad is a terrible fighter, who doesn't deserve this shot.[/quote']

Another Rashad hater. You woke up dreaming about him or something? If he were so "terrible" he wouldn't even be mentioned. Go back to bed, d*icknose.

Okay you know I think my anger might have made me type things abit on the biased side, I respect Rashad Evans as a person and as a fighter, he is NOT a terrible fighter. I apologize for coming off like that, I just don't think he should be considered a great fighter just yet, his resume really doesn't impress me.

I kind of got sidetracked from the point I was trying to make, which was I don't think he deserves to have a title shot, neither does Machida!

Believe me when I say I want to agree with you cause I hate that Rashad chose to be a sleeping pill when he used to be exciting but you can't say he sucks man. He's far from a terrible fighter.

Have you seen the way he could KTFO people and now his wrestling? If you add that up he's far from terrible. I'm not saying he has the best stand up and the best wrestling. I'm just saying he's pretty good at both which is saying alot.

Just my two cents on the matter.

I'm hoping if they do an Interim title it'll be between Couture (if he beats Toney) and Evans or instead of an interim title let the LHW division grow by all the best facing off against each other in like a mini type tournament for number 1 contender ship till Shogun is healthy.

HAHA Rich Franklin wow he knocked out a washed up old man , Rashad created a gameplan to beat rampage and he stuck to it theres no way you can say he dosent deserve a shot at shogun

Rich Franklin should be the number one contender, but considering that Shogun is out with his knee injury, its obvious a interim title will be on line, in which case I would have to say either..

Rashad vs Franklin

or is Jon Jones wins his next fight on August 1st..

Jon Jones vs Franklin.

Jone Jones is technically undefeated in the UFC so far, his only loss came to a DQ against Matt Hamill.

Which brings me to think of even throwing Matt Hamill in the mix, who has won his last 4 fights dating back to 2008.

The lightweight division is the most active division as far as the belt changing hands, it would be nice to see fresh faces getting a chance at the gold, not this love triangle going on between Shogun, Machida and Evans.

I mean lets think about it .. the last 3 fights had Machida in all 3 of them

Id give Couture a crack if he beats Toney.

I think you have to look good to get a title shot and Rashad hasnt looked good for a while. There really is not a fighter who stands out to me as a real contender.

Lyoto Machida- Lost his last fight in the first round and many believe he lost his last 2 fights. He needs to get back in the que and weight for another shot.

Rashad Evans- Almost knocked out in his last two outings after stinking the joint out for the opening rounds his fights. Has not attempted finishing a guy since he was stopped himself.

Rampage- Ring- rust rampage looked slow against Rashad in his last bout and needs some big wins under his belt to be considered.

Rich Frankin- Just moved up to LHW. Wouldnt mind him fighting Bones next. He has a broken arm so that one will have to be shelved for a while.

Lil Nog- Looked awful in beating Jason Brilz. He won the last round but i believe he lost the first 2 and got a gift decision.

Couture- Coming off a controversial win over Vera and a victory over old boy Coleman. Not really the path you would expect of a number 1 contender. He's the natural and im sure he'll have a quicker route to the title than most. Should beat Toney at 118.

Honorable Mentions- Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader. These two are decent but Thiago is coming off a loss to Rashad and Bader's best victory came against the dean of mean Keith Jardine.

IMO nobody is currently deserving of a title shot atm.

Actually, maybe there is one man........................

Unless Anderson steps up there's really only Jones, Machida and Evans in the mix.

Evans was due the next title shot anyway, so his name would go forward for any interim belt fight.

Machida has the strongest claim to fight for an interim belt as the only guy that has beaten him is the injured champ (and he has beaten Franklin and Evans as well).

I don't think that match would go well for Evans (as he can't outstrike Machida or take him down easily and Machida clearly has the power to trouble him).

Evans/Jones would be a great fight though as would any of them vs Anderson.

Rich Franklin should be the number one contender' date=' but considering that Shogun is out with his knee injury, its obvious a interim title will be on line, in which case I would have to say either..

Rashad vs Franklin

Jon Jones vs Franklin.

Jone Jones is technically undefeated in the UFC so far, his only loss came to a DQ against Matt Hamill.

Which brings me to think of even throwing Matt Hamill in the mix, who has won his last 4 fights dating back to 2008.

The lightweight division is the most active division as far as the belt changing hands, it would be nice to see fresh faces getting a chance at the gold, not this love triangle going on between Shogun, Machida and Evans.

I mean lets think about it .. the last 3 fights had Machida in all 3 of them[/quote']

you dont like Rashad's resume but you put Jon Jones in your interim? Come on man....I like Jon Jones....but who has he beat? Rashad does deserve the shot

I was only putting Jon Jones in there *IF* He wins his next fight. He has impressed alot of people already, and with another win under his belt that would definatly push him in the mix.

you dont like Rashad's resume but you put Jon Jones in your interim? Come on man....I like Jon Jones....but who has he beat? Rashad does deserve the shot

its not who jonny beat but how he beat them....more than puts him in the mix.

bader some have done less to get a shot.

its not who jonny beat but how he beat them....more than puts him in the mix.

bader some have done less to get a shot.

so you are telling me that if Rashad was out dominating...much much lesser competition instead of beating top ten LHWs that you would be more impressed? Doesnt make too much sense to me. But ok thats your opinion and I can respect that.

But a decision over Thiago Silva and a rusted rampage jackson gives Rashad the right to be? Give me a break.

But a decision over Thiago Silva and a rusted rampage jackson gives Rashad the right to be? Give me a break.

yes, those where much tougher opponents. Which by the way Rashad dominated, got caught but made it. At the top level everyone is VERY dangerous.

abso freaking loutely.....they are both top 10 guys in the weight class.....dont let your hate for Rashad confuse you.....he is the #1 contender....no one deserves it more than him right now.

yes' date=' those where much tougher opponents. Which by the way Rashad [b']dominated, got caught but made it[/b]. At the top level everyone is VERY dangerous.

Since when is laying and praying and man hugging associated with being dominant ? I'm not hating on him , but that's what he does, Once he grabs you , he just controls you defensivley , not offensively , no attempt at real strikes or submissions , against the cage and on the ground , I had a lot of respect for him since his TUF days , specially after he KO'd and TKO'd chuck and forrest , I gave him the benefit of the doubt against Thiago, but after the rampage fight..I just don't know , if he has that killer instinct anymore..

A champion doesn't need to * make it * , a champion destroys his opposition..AKA what shogun did...both times.. haha.

I disagree.

He is a wrestler going up against two strikers.

**** off with that ********, you know Silva and Rampage aren't up to par with Rashads wrestling.

Jon Jones on the other hand, his GnP is vicious, but his ground game over all needs work. But he is not afraid to stand or go to the ground with either fighter.

Listen, Rashad is a smart fighter, I know this. But as far as what the fans would want to see, you have to consider Jon Jones.

When Forrest Griffin first burst out on the scene he won some, he lost some. But after he lost to Jardine he won 2 more fights after that and he was given a title shot. The sport of MMA is always changing and its always nice to see up-and-comers getting their shot.

All I'm trying to say is, if Jon Jones wins this next fight.. expect him to be in the mix.

Since when is laying and praying and man hugging associated with being dominant ? I'm not hating on him ' date=' but that's what he does, Once he grabs you , he just controls you defensivley , not offensively , no attempt at real strikes or submissions , against the cage and on the ground , I had a lot of respect for him since his TUF days , specially after he KO'd and TKO'd chuck and forrest , I gave him the benefit of the doubt against Thiago, but after the rampage fight..I just don't know , if he has that killer instinct anymore..

A champion doesn't need to * make it * , a champion destroys his opposition..AKA what shogun did...both times.. haha.[/quote']

LnP isn't but the speed difference was. You make it sound like GnP'ing a guy like Rampage is easy. It will leave you open to sweeps and if you want to win a fight, having Rampage on you isn't the way to do it. He's was striking to set up take down and avoid getting knocked out in the process.

Also, his early comp wasn't the same as it is now. He had much room for errors and a loss wouldn't have meant as much.

As far as your Champions line.......... Bullsh*t..... Goddamn Sleeping Pill is a beloved champ and has been doing the same for longer.

I don't like Rashad but he definitely deserves the title shot. He beat the top guys in the division to earn his shot. He also only has one loss on his record and that is to Machida. That's not a bad loss considering Machida only has one loss and that to Shogun. I think a Rashad vs Shogun fight would make for a good interesting stylistic matchup. A muay thai fighter with heavy hands vs a wrestler with heavy hands. That's what MMA is all about.

If they go to an interim title, I think that Jon Jones has looked impressive. I would like to see him face an actual top 5 fighter in the division first though but an undefeated record with dominant performances is impressive. Ryan Bader has looked solid with an undefeated record as well. Both of these guys look impressive but haven't faced top competition yet but they are getting there.

I love Franklin but the guy hasn't been fighting the top of the division lately plus he has been fighting catchweight bouts for the most part. He hasn't done enough to earn a title shot. Couture is a legend but definitely does not deserve a title shot anytime soon. He looked mediocre vs Vera and Coleman doesn't belong in the ring anymore. Even if he beats Toney, that is not a streak of guys who are even in the top 15 in the division. Dana could do it just because he's Captain America but he certainly hasn't earned it through his recent fights.

Machida seems like the only guy who would be ready for a title fight with Rashad. Personally, I would like to see Machida fight someone else first and earn another title shot but a 16-1 record is solid and he has proven that he can hang with Rashad. If Shogun is out of the picture due to injury, I still believe that Machida is the best fighter in the division.

Rich Franklin should be the number one contender' date=' but considering that Shogun is out with his knee injury, its obvious a interim title will be on line, in which case I would have to say either..

Rashad vs Franklin

Jon Jones vs Franklin.

I mean lets think about it .. the last 3 fights had Machida in all 3 of them[/quote']

matt hamill lost to franklin in 2009

Rashad is hardly a joke and could very well take the fight from Shogun, less they go through with the interim fight with Machida and he loses (but he'd have a real chance in that fight too). Rich is one of my all time fav's but needs at least one more big win before he can be a contender.