Brock's Competitors

KarateMark

All I see is this being said:

"Soinso" is not big enough to face Brock.

Yes, Brock uses his size as a huge advantage over others but his skills in most areas are severely lacking compared to other fighters. Don't forget that.

Cain could deck Brock in the face a couple times and send him running just like Shane did, even KO him. We saw Brock cower and run once he got tagged once.

Brock will never stand with someone and win. He will take them to the ground and do GnP. If he can't get someone down and keep them there, he will lose. But when you have a 285lb guy on you, is hard to get him off.

Cain's wrestling is pretty damn good, and although he isn't near the man-beast size that Brock is, I have confidience that he has the ability to win the fight.

Brock might make another rookie mistake and get into a submission again. Frank nearly had his leg a second time at UFC 100.

Brock = Huge

Cain = Skilled

"Soinso" is not big enough to face Brock. Umm, besides Shane, nobody is as big as Brock. We all know what happens when Brock faces someone his own size. He gets his **** beat down because his overall skill and experience isn't at the level it should be for a professional fighter. He rides the "I'm fvkking huge" train and that is what carries him to victory.

Brock will be out skilled in every fight he enters into and that is what will eventually bring him defeat again.

Have to disagree a little bit, Brock is a very accomplished collegiate wrestler, he does not "just" lay on top of guys, he does have excellent control, and yes he does need to work his standup, just like Cain did when he came into the octagon. And I beleive Brock will finish standing at some point, note: Right straight to Heath Herring R1, sent him over backward. Brock has power, he just needs to work footwork and technique.

Have to disagree a little bit' date=' Brock is a very accomplished collegiate wrestler, he does not "just" lay on top of guys, he does have excellent control, and yes he does need to work his standup, just like Cain did when he came into the octagon. And I beleive Brock will finish standing at some point, note: Right straight to Heath Herring R1, sent him over backward. Brock has power, he just needs to work footwork and technique.[/quote']

ahh,finnaly someone with some common sence about MMA

Have to disagree a little bit' date=' Brock is a very accomplished collegiate wrestler, he does not "just" lay on top of guys, he does have excellent control, and yes he does need to work his standup, just like Cain did when he came into the octagon. And I beleive Brock will finish standing at some point, note: Right straight to Heath Herring R1, sent him over backward. Brock has power, he just needs to work footwork and technique.[/quote']

Besides wrestling (which is very good), what does he have skill wise that remotely compares to anybody else?

Striking offense? Don't make me laugh.

Strking Defense? He runs after getting hit hard once. Lays on the ground in fetal poisition.

Submissions Offense? Nope, not that either.

Submissions defense? Big fail

Hugeness isn't a skill.

Brock won the last fight fair and square...but as GSP says " I was not impressed with his performance" He ran like a little girl and turned into a turtle the second punches were thrown his way. A major hole in his game imo. He has to work on his footwork if he wants to beat cain. Carwin lost because his endocrine gland triggered an immuno response seizing his obdula oblangada which in turn overloaded his vascular tissues with lactic acidocis and supressed his vasopresin concentration in his blood leading to a severe lack of blood flow to his uterus.

Cant forget he may have finished Randy with ground and pound but it was a set up by a long looping jab from the standup.

Brock won the last fight fair and square...but as GSP says " I was not impressed with his performance" He ran like a little girl and turned into a turtle the second punches were thrown his way. A major hole in his game imo. He has to work on his footwork if he wants to beat cain. Carwin lost because his endocrine gland triggered an immuno response seizing his obdula oblangada which in turn overloaded his vascular tissues with lactic acidocis and supressed his vasopresin concentration in his blood leading to a severe lack of blood flow to his uterus.

All this.

Bloodflow to his uterus LOL.

Nevermind' date=' only interested in trolling. Someone hit a bannana bread up in here. Later.[/quote']

No banana bread. This isn't a trolling thread.

Skill wise, Brock lacks big time (minus wrestling) and that is where his competition has the upper hand. Will that lack of skill eventually lead to him losing?

Cant forget he may have finished Randy with ground and pound but it was a set up by a long looping jab from the standup.

I was actually gunna say that, but figured it would again just lead to, "BUT BROCK OUTWEIGHS RANDY BY LIKE...... 300 LBS!!!"

So I opted not to, but this is very true nonetheless.

Besides wrestling (which is very good)' date=' what does he have skill wise that remotely compares to anybody else?

Strking Defense? He runs after getting hit hard once. Lays on the ground in fetal poisition.

Hugeness isn't a skill.[/quote']

ye this is a good description for him

any decent striker with decent cardio is gonna pumle brock,imagine if shanes cardio had held out,brock wouldve been smashed even more 6 ways from sunday

and even if brock does somehow get the fullmount,he'le only jump off again like he did on carwin as he has no idea what to do lol

Well then you being serious makes you look like a moron' date=' so do yourself a favor and delete your account[/quote']

Oh, I'm sorry. Toolbag.

How could you possibly disagree with me in saying that Brock skills, besides wrestling, are not exceeded by his opponents?

Or are you that delusional and think that Brock is as well rounded a fighter as the other heavyweights?

Just as I thought.

You draw upon his sack succulently, blindly and with pride.

Hmm' date=' well ok, Brock?s skills suck...Too bad none of his opponents had the right skills to put him away,so for a fighter with ?no skills? he is doing just fine...[/quote']

Skill vs being significantly larger is not the same thing.

What if Cain Velasquez went and fought the Middleweights without cutting weight?

That's about the same size difference.

Oh' date=' I'm sorry. Toolbag.

How could you possibly disagree with me in saying that Brock skills, besides wrestling, are not exceeded by his opponents?

Or are you that delusional and think that Brock is as well rounded a fighter as the other heavyweights?

Just as I thought.

You draw upon his sack succulently, blindly and with pride.[/quote']

i have to agree with you. besdies wrestling brock's skills are not highly developed.

If brock had any bjj whatsoever he would be much much better.

p.s who said it was a big looping jab? if its loops its not a jab. loop=hook. thats my opinion at least.

Skill vs being significantly larger is not the same thing.

What if Cain Velasquez went and fought the Middleweights without cutting weight?

That's about the same size difference.

This is the Heavyweight division boys' date=' if you dont weigh 265 pounds,its your own damn fault! Brock Lesnar [/i']

I am a Carwin ****, but this is funny stuff.. Lesnar got up when the bell rang ending round 1, Came out round 2 and finished Carwin fair and square.. I dont like it, but the dude is a beast..AH well they will fight again...

Well, no, Brock is not as well rounded as say, Frank Mir, Gabe Gonzaga, JDS, or even Velasquez. But Brock has strengths that are so strong that nobody can really defend against him as of yet, for example, do you honestly beleive that JDS' phenomenal standup will mean a damn thing when Lesnar double legs him, of course not, it'll be a one sided ****-whoopin. However, yes, Brock does currently have a hole in his game being his striking, and this is why I do beleive Cain can beat him, Cain is also a D.1 wrestler with cardio for days who is used to facing men larger than himself, if he can maintain a steady pace, use his footwork, and push Brock backward, he can win. If not, nighty night mister Velasquez

No banana bread. This isn't a trolling thread.

Skill wise' date=' Brock lacks big time (minus wrestling) and that is where his competition has the upper hand. Will that lack of skill eventually lead to him losing?[/quote']

Every fighter has holes in their game it's just how you compensate for them that matters and Brock does just that. Though I'm not saying he can't be beat, I think if Carwin had paced him self more he might have walked out champion. I highly doubt Cain Velasquez will be the one to dethrone Brock, maybe JDS but not Cain.

i have to agree with you. besdies wrestling brock's skills are not highly developed.

If brock had any bjj whatsoever he would be much much better.

p.s who said it was a big looping jab? if its loops its not a jab. loop=hook. thats my opinion at least.

Well, by "jab" I think he just meant lead arm punch that he didn't turn over into. But yeah, traditionally, a jab doesn't "loop"

Well' date=' no, Brock is not as well rounded as say, Frank Mir, Gabe Gonzaga, JDS, or even Velasquez. But Brock has strengths that are so strong that nobody can really defend against him as of yet, for example, do you honestly beleive that JDS' phenomenal standup will mean a damn thing when Lesnar double legs him, of course not, it'll be a one sided ****-whoopin. However, yes, Brock does currently have a hole in his game being his striking, and this is why I do beleive Cain can beat him, Cain is also a D.1 wrestler with cardio for days who is used to facing men larger than himself, if he can maintain a steady pace, use his footwork, and push Brock backward, he can win. If not, nighty night mister Velasquez[/quote']

Thats the beauty of MMA,anything can happen.

This is the Heavyweight division boys' date=' if you dont weigh 265 pounds,its your own damn fault! Brock Lesnar [/i']

wow. what a rational arguement. so many facts. just becaus ehe weighs 265 doesnt mean he cant be beaten. a think a much smaller frank mir subbed him because of his complete lack of bjj. a much smaller coture was able to hold him up against the cage. size does not equal skill. your inability to admit that brock has faults does equal you looking like a fool.

wow. what a rational arguement. so many facts. just becaus ehe weighs 265 doesnt mean he cant be beaten. a think a much smaller frank mir subbed him because of his complete lack of bjj. a much smaller coture was able to hold him up against the cage. size does not equal skill. your inability to admit that brock has faults does equal you looking like a fool.

Did you even read this thread? Doesnt look like it,or else you would have known why I posted that quote..and when did I say he cant be beaten?? Yep,never said that, you dumb ape!

Besides wrestling (which is very good)' date=' what does he have skill wise that remotely compares to anybody else?

Hugeness isn't a skill.[/quote']

see signature.

have you watched any other of his fights other than Carwin. I bet you have the latest cell phone available and am 100% sure you don't know why I made this accusation;)

Did you even read this thread? Doesnt look like it' date='or else you would have known why I posted that quote..and when did I say he cant be beaten?? Yep,never said that, you dumb ape![/quote']

Easy on the flaming, there is no need, state your position without looking barbaric, eesh.

I am a Carwin ****' date=' but this is funny stuff.. Lesnar got up when the bell rang ending round 1, Came out round 2 and finished Carwin fair and square.. I dont like it, but the dude is a beast..AH well they will fight again...[/quote']

Actually Lesnar got up with 1:30 left in the first via superior wrestling technique and out clinched/worked Carwin the rest of the first round. The second round you have correct.

All I see is this being said:

"Soinso" is not big enough to face Brock.

Yes' date=' Brock uses his size as a huge advantage over others but his skills in most areas are severely lacking compared to other fighters. Don't forget that.

Cain could deck Brock in the face a couple times and send him running just like Shane did, even KO him. We saw Brock cower and run once he got tagged once.

Brock will never stand with someone and win. He will take them to the ground and do GnP. If he can't get someone down and keep them there, he will lose. But when you have a 285lb guy on you, is hard to get him off.

Cain's wrestling is pretty damn good, and although he isn't near the man-beast size that Brock is, I have confidience that he has the ability to win the fight.

Brock might make another rookie mistake and get into a submission again. Frank nearly had his leg a second time at UFC 100.

Brock = Huge

Cain = Skilled

"Soinso" is not big enough to face Brock. Umm, besides Shane, nobody is as big as Brock. We all know what happens when Brock faces someone his own size. He gets his **** beat down because his overall skill and experience isn't at the level it should be for a professional fighter. He rides the "I'm fvkking huge" train and that is what carries him to victory.

Brock will be out skilled in every fight he enters into and that is what will eventually bring him defeat again.[/quote']

the guy has 6 fights what do you expect?

Its trolling' date=' two quick steps to the side is running these days..[/quote']

yeah, i mean sheesh why didn't he just grab Carwin's fist and guide it to a collision with his face:rolleyes:.

Thing is these guys aren't trolling I think they honestly believe the nonsense they polute this forum with.

Sorry wasnt delivering play by play. Just a point.

I understand, I'm just pointing out facts which have relevance regarding skills. What is completely easy for me and you to see may not be easy for everyone else so in pointing these things out it's my hope these people will watch the fight again to help fill in the Star sized gaps in their positions.

"Soinso" is not big enough to face Brock. Umm' date=' besides Shane, nobody is as big as Brock. We all know what happens when Brock faces someone his own size. He gets his **** beat down because his overall skill and experience isn't at the level it should be for a professional fighter. He rides the "I'm fvkking huge" train and that is what carries him to victory.

[/quote']

by getting "beat down" do you mean taking your opponent to the mat and submitting them in the second round?

ye this is a good description for him

any decent striker with decent cardio is gonna pumle brock' date='imagine if shanes cardio had held out,brock wouldve been smashed even more 6 ways from sunday

and even if brock does somehow get the fullmount,he'le only jump off again like he did on carwin as he has no idea what to do lol[/quote']

i feel more stupid for reading this. Brock has beaten the best and everyone was on shane's nuts saying "brock will lose to someone his own size". Brock got him in full mount then jumped off for the sub that won the fight. Stop being that guy.

I understand' date=' I'm just pointing out facts which have relevance regarding skills. What is completely easy for me and you to see may not be easy for everyone else so in pointing these things out it's my hope these people will watch the fight again to help fill in the Star sized gaps in their positions.[/quote']

Nobody wanted Carwin to win more than me.. I live down the street from the guy.. But like I said Lesnar won fair and square.. People argued that the fight should have been stopped and carwin should be champ.. I dont even agree and the second round is proof.. if the fight would have been stopped we would not have the true champ. As much as I dont like him he pulled it off..

Nobody wanted Carwin to win more than me.. I live down the street from the guy.. But like I said Lesnar won fair and square.. People argued that the fight should have been stopped and carwin should be champ.. I dont even agree and the second round is proof.. if the fight would have been stopped we would not have the true champ. As much as I dont like him he pulled it off..

That's cool. Guess you know if you see him out at the local spot with everyone hammered you know who not to pick a fight with :P

WHAT!? You live in the same street Carwin lives??? Thats awesome!! Do you ever see him?

by getting "beat down" do you mean taking your opponent to the mat and submitting them in the second round?

Who's face was bloody and swollen and the end of that fight?

Brock won fair and square, but he got his **** whooped in the process.

Its trolling' date=' two quick steps to the side is running these days..[/quote']

Falling to the ground in the fetal position is definitely running away from the fight. Carwin didn't punch him to make him go to the ground, Brock went there all by himself. He balled up like a sissy.

Brock was getting his **** out of there. If the cgae was ten times bigger, he still would have ran clear to the fence as Carwin stalked him down. He was overwhelmed and ran like a pvssie.

Archived