The difference between Then & than!

Acedaddy

On this UFC forum where we talk about UFC, This has been buggin me.

I'm sorry if you all find this thread stupid but I just can't take anymore of this... then & than mess. People all over the net are saying then when they should've said than & vice versa. So to all you who need to go back to school let me give a demonstration. I would rather see this fight THAN (not then) that one! This fighter is better THAN (again not then) this one.

If Brock beats Carwin, He will THEN (not than) have to take on Caine. Chuck Liddell was the man back THEN (again not than). A fighter will have to prove he can take a punch THEN (one more time not than) he will have to prove he can give one.

Now let's all practice this. There will be a quiz on Friday. Thank you for your time. We are now open for discussion.

Put this thread in the right section; "Outside the UFC" as this has nothing to do with UFC' date=' THEN I will stand up and applaud you Mr. English Class Teacher.[/quote']

Sorry but the mods will have to move it. I put it here because this is where I see it the most & the people that are saying it 9 times out of 10 won't read this thread anywhere else.

Sorry but the mods will have to move it. I put it here because this is where I see it the most & the people that are saying it 9 times out of 10 won't read this thread anywhere else.

So someone who wants to lecture spelling, is in capable of reading rules as to where and how to post...interesting...

Well' date=' you all learn proper english & you won't see another thread like this one. I promise.[/quote']

I write 100-300 page reports for a living. I could care less if I mis-spell something or screw up on this forum. I try to check things quickly but if I fugg up I don't "loose" "to" much sweat:p

i dont get why people make a big deal out of apostrophes

oh your an idiot because its "you're"

i consider this petty and secondary

now people who say "loose" for lose' date=' they do not know how to spell an elementary level word ...[/quote']

I didn't say the first thing about apostrophes. I said the difference between then & than.

I write 100-300 page reports for a living. I could care less if I mis-spell something or screw up on this forum. I try to check things quickly but if I fugg up I don't "loose" "to" much sweat:p

Yes it is just a forum... only thing running through my mind when I see misspelled words is the fact that I feel sorry for that person ... no matter what it is you are writing on, you still shouldn't make yourself look like an illiterate idiot.

Archived