Nogueira VS. Bader UFC 119

slack_415

http://ht.ly/28EUF

Indianapolis has at least one piece of their main event fights for UFC 119.

Light heavyweights Antonio Rogeiro Nogueira and former "Ultimate Fighter" winner Ryan Bader have verbally agreed to meet on Sept 25 as a part of UFC 119, and they are expected to serve as the co-main event of the evening.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Thursday, stating bout fighters have agreed to the fight, and bout agreements should be issued shortly.

Rumors surfaced prior to UFC 116 that Nogueira was going to face former champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, but UFC president told reporters following the event that they had not put that fight together as Jackson was still fulfilling commitments for the "A-Team" movie overseas, and had not been in the mix yet.

Nogueira will indeed be on the card, but against a different opponent.

At 19-3 overall, Antonio Rogerio Nogueira is one of the top fighters in the light heavyweight division looking to get into title contention. An impressive UFC debut saw him knock out Luis Cane in under two minutes, but the Brazilian struggled in his second fight against late replacement Jason Brilz.

Nogueira will face another extremely tough wrestler this time around as well, but also one with knockout power as shown in his last fight.

Ryan Bader (11-0) comes into UFC 119 with a flawless record, and a desire to take the next step up in competition. Defeating Team Jackson fighter Keith Jardine at UFC 110 in Australia by knockout, Bader has shown marked improvement in his striking, and has vicious power in his hands and knees.

Since leaving the "Ultimate Fighter" season 8 finale, Bader has gone 3-0 and now hopes to get into title contention with his next fight against Nogueira.

As previously stated, the bout between Nogeuira and Bader will serve as the co-main event of the evening, while the work to fill another main event fight continues. MMAWeekly.com will have more information on that fight when it becomes available.

Bader is a better wrestler than Brilz and all that but don't forget Lil Nog was training for practically his whole camp for a striker. He'll have Munoz to help prepare him for Bader.

With that being said, I still think Bader can take this assuming his cardio is improved and he doesn't give up an arm on the ground. I like this match-up a lot.

i can't believe people are counting out little nog based on one performance.

sure, bader throws big bombs, but nog not only has a great chin, he has much better technical boxing than bader. and honestly, from what i saw of bader's ground defence against ravishing red a few fights ago, i don't think he'd be smart to take it to the ground with rogerio.

Very interesting fight. I am not sure what Bader will try and do, take Nog down to GnP, but risk getting swept or submitted. Or try and land one of his big shots on Nog for a KO, but we all know Lil Nog has excellent boxing. I think it will be baders decision where the fight takes place, Nogueira will need to be ready for anything.

I think Baders best chance of winning will be to Lay n Pray Nog, chest on chest. This will make it very hard for Nog to work his bjj. Of course i hope he doesnt Lay n Pray, but think its his best way to win.

Bader is going to smash him. Lil Nog struggled with the wrestleing of Brilz and Bader's Wrestleing is miles above his. Bader by TKO rd 1.

Struggled? Everytime he was taken down he swept Brilz. Though, I do think Bader will win as well.

i can't believe people are counting out little nog based on one performance.

sure' date=' bader throws big bombs, but nog not only has a great chin, he has much better technical boxing than bader. and honestly, from what i saw of bader's ground defence against ravishing red a few fights ago, i don't think he'd be smart to take it to the ground with rogerio.[/quote']

Good post Judo_phantom

you cant based lil nog off of one somewhat bad performance,

Lil Nog Via 2nd round Submission

Lil' Nog should win this.

Bader's striking is nothing but big shots. Lil' Nog has crisp technical boxing.

I don't think Bader will try and take Nog down. He's like Rashad Evans getting content with his striking and forgetting about his wrestling until a good striker reminds him.

If Bader wants to win, he will have to go for the decision with constant takedowns. Does he have the gas tank to do it though?

Archived