Most decorated wrestler in MMA period.

SuiSki

i would have to agree with lindland

There was a wrestler who won a gold medal at the athens olympics who was regarded by everyone to be the p4p ( size, and also styles) best wrestler in the world he lost his first mm fight by a ko in the first minute,he never fought again.

there are different ways to look at it being as there are different styles...if you look at Collegiate success you prolly have to go with Koshchek...4 time NCAA all american and national champ. The Brock boys are gonna look at his record but the facts are that he spent 2 years in JUCO so that record is misleading...he did win a NCAA national championship but the fact of the matter is there is A LOT less talent in the heavyweight division.

As for Freestyle/Greco you prolly do have to go with Linland as he was a silver medalist in the 2000 olympics

Rulon Gardner

Gardner is no.2 imo behind Karam Gaber .

Gardner beat the greatest wrestler of all time but it was somewhat of a fluke because he beat kraelin on a technicallity which was only introduced that year not to mention kraelin was not in the best shape.

Where as gaber was regarded by everyone reguardless of style to be the p4p best wrestler in the world when he made his mma debut.

Gardner is no.2 imo behind Karam Gaber .

Gardner beat the greatest wrestler of all time but it was somewhat of a fluke because he beat kraelin on a technicallity which was only introduced that year not to mention kraelin was not in the best shape.

Where as gaber was regarded by everyone reguardless of style to be the p4p best wrestler in the world when he made his mma debut.

But ol' Iron Jaw knocked him out. Not that that has anything to do with the question, just sayin'. :)

I think beating Karelin, regardless of how, is much higher that Gaber......but I'm not a massive wrestling fan, so I'm just talking out my **** for the moment. :P

It's funny that the two offered up, both only have 1 MMA match a piece.

But ol' Iron Jaw knocked him out. Not that that has anything to do with the question' date=' just sayin'. :)

I think beating Karelin, regardless of how, is much higher that Gaber......but I'm not a massive wrestling fan, so I'm just talking out my **** for the moment. :P

[b']It's funny that the two offered up, both only have 1 MMA match a piece[/b].

If gaber proved anything in mma is that wrestling and fighting are two very different things.

On another note kraelin said that he would never have done mma because he didn't have it in himself to hurt someone. Talk about a gentle giant.

I believe Bellator's Ben askren and Joe Warren deserve spots in the discussion

as far as collegiate success yes....I didnt realize he did as well as he did...Askren that is...two time champ two time runner up.....he is the best there.....olympic..no....he wreslted in the olympics but didnt place

as for warren he was a favorite in the last olympics but he tested positive for Nick Diaz and wasnt allowed to compete

Archived