Vegetarians

TYRONEWAYNESMITH

My choice. I have friends who run a great company called "Organic Lives". They are pure raw food vegans. It is hard to go Vegan, very hard because your first week, to week and a half is your body detoxing, removing the chemicals from all the processed foods we eat.

Once you get past that week or so, you realize that there are amazing things that can be made simply from vegetables. Read a raw vegan cookbook, something by Sarma...

51RHlnY--2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

lol, mind you I barbequed a 2 lb rib steak the other night.... ;)

My choice. I have friends who run a great company called "Organic Lives". They are pure raw food vegans. It is hard to go Vegan' date=' very hard because your first week, to week and a half is your body detoxing, removing the chemicals from all the processed foods we eat.

Once you get past that week or so, you realize that there are amazing things that can be made simply from vegetables. Read a raw vegan cookbook, something by Sarma...

[img']http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RHlnY--2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]

lol, mind you I barbequed a 2 lb rib steak the other night.... ;)

Ill read the book, but there is no way in hell I could get away form meat....I have a hard enough time gaining weight as it is

Fast and Greasy food is what is making America the pound for pound best country in the world....Get with the program hun' date=' or get out lol[/quote']

Fast and greasy food is killing America... literally.

A Big Mac gets 45% of it's calories from fat and has over 1000 mg of sodium. This simply is what causes heart disease and high blood pressure. If you think neither is a concern...

I was making a joke Brew.....Obviously it flew just above your head lol

I got it, hence the "pound for pound" reference... It is an unfortunate reality though, that many people simply don't realize just how bad the food can be. I think it's safe to say we are all guilty of indulging in fast food, but if some of the younger people here realized that perhaps they should at the least be aware of what is going into their body, perhaps in 20 years they won't be reflecting as they pay for their high blood pressure meds...

I got it' date=' hence the "pound for pound" reference... It is an unfortunate reality though, that many people simply don't realize just how bad the food can be. I think it's safe to say we are all guilty of indulging in fast food, but if some of the younger people here realized that perhaps they should at the least be aware of what is going into their body, perhaps in 20 years they won't be reflecting as they pay for their high blood pressure meds...[/quote']

I agree with this.

The main problem nowadays though is that it takes two incomes to make it work, and the wife or husband doesn't feel like cooking when they get home...So they just pick the food up

I agree with this.

The main problem nowadays though is that it takes two incomes to make it work' date=' and the wife or husband doesn't feel like cooking when they get home...So they just pick the food up[/quote']

This is very true. Eating better, is about comitment, it is about making smarter choices. There are options for healthier fast food...

I agree with this.

The main problem nowadays though is that it takes two incomes to make it work' date=' and the wife or husband doesn't feel like cooking when they get home...So they just pick the food up[/quote']

I can attest that to this. Before my wife stopped work to have our kids we both put in 60 hour weeks and really only cooked on the weekends. Week days it was just too much.

It showed too, if we didnt have physical jobs it would have been horrible.

The last few years though we cook everything and its really improved everything. Cheaper too,so thats nice.

Yeah ive seen them and tried them' date=' It taste awful to me unless you grab just a salad or something...I don't know

I cook my own food the majority of the time.[/quote']

I know its cheesy but subway actually has good options for fast food.

Yeah ive seen them and tried them' date=' It taste awful to me unless you grab just a salad or something...I don't know

I cook my own food the majority of the time.[/quote']

it doesn't have to taste awful. I am not talking about eliminating all the sauce from your chicken sandwich (which of course would be the best option), but just make smarter choices when you eat fast food... look at this stat...

A single Extra Crispy Chicken breast at KFC has a whopping 440 calories, 27 grams of fat, and 970 mg of sodium. A healthier choice is the drumstick, which has 160 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 370 mg of sodium. Alternatively, if you like the breast meat, take off the skin and it becomes a healthy choice at 140 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 520 mg of sodium.

it doesn't have to taste awful. I am not talking about eliminating all the sauce from your chicken sandwich (which of course would be the best option)' date=' but just make smarter choices when you eat fast food... look at this stat...

A single Extra Crispy Chicken breast at KFC has a whopping 440 calories, 27 grams of fat, and 970 mg of sodium. A healthier choice is the drumstick, which has 160 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 370 mg of sodium. Alternatively, if you like the breast meat, take off the skin and it becomes a healthy choice at 140 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 520 mg of sodium.[/quote']

Eric Cartman said it best..."You can't eat skinless KFC because the skin is the best part"

Also have you tried that double down they have?....It's awful for ya, but it's amazing.

But yeah, people should make smarter choices when ordering, but the sad truth is they won't, and we will continue to eat ourself into an early grave.

This is very true. Eating better' date=' is about comitment, it is about making smarter choices. There are options for healthier fast food...[/quote']

My brother tried it. Couldn't quite cut out the meat completely.

My diet is pretty much the same. Lot's of veggies, fruits, grains limited dairy and lean healthy meats ( chicken/fish ). I don't drink soda's. Just water, greentea, lowfat milk and the occassional sports drink though I try to stay away from them because thier loaded with suger. I stay away completely from "energy" drinks. You know the ones with guarana, caffine etc. pretty much gimmick drinks imo.

Everybody seems to think carbs are the enemy, there not. Yeah guess what Atkin's died of.

A balanced diet and eating small meals often is the way to go I think.

I've been vegetarian for over a year now. Personal choice. My protein comes from nuts, protein shakes, soy, beans, etc. It really wasn't that hard giving up meat. The only meat I truly ate on most occasions was chicken. I have never been a huge fan of red meat, so that probably made the transition a lot smoother. If you have the will power, it's not too bad at first. A year later it is completely normal and I don't even think about the fact that I don't eat meat anymore. My body feels better than it ever has.

If you go vegetarian or vegan make sure you are getting your protein. I've known people who tried to go vegetarian and ended up just consuming a lot of high sugar, high carb foods and that's extremely unhealthy. You need to find the right sources of protein that are sufficient for your body type.

Also, you guys should read into diet correlating to your blood type:

http://www.dadamo.com/

It's actually really interesting. I didn't know about this until recently, but it's funny because I am Type A and it says I should be on a vegetarian diet.... very strange coincidence.

I've been vegetarian for over a year now. Personal choice. My protein comes from nuts' date=' protein shakes, soy, beans, etc. It really wasn't that hard giving up meat. The only meat I truly ate on most occasions was chicken. I have never been a huge fan of red meat, so that probably made the transition a lot smoother. If you have the will power, it's not too bad at first. A year later it is completely normal and I don't even think about the fact that I don't eat meat anymore. My body feels better than it ever has.

If you go vegetarian or vegan make sure you are getting your protein. I've known people who tried to go vegetarian and ended up just consuming a lot of high sugar, high carb foods and that's extremely unhealthy. You need to find the right sources of protein that are sufficient for your body type.

Also, you guys should read into diet correlating to your blood type:

http://www.dadamo.com/

It's actually really interesting. I didn't know about this until recently, but it's funny because I am Type A and it says I should be on a vegetarian diet.... very strange coincidence.

I had heard that blood type thing before and thought it was B.S. until i just read it. At least for me it was spot on. Thx for sharing.

I had heard that blood type thing before and thought it was B.S. until i just read it. At least for me it was spot on. Thx for sharing.

no problem, man. glad you looked into it and were able to form a new opinion. interesting stuff

I've dated a few vegetarians - out of respect for them I tried to eat a vegetarian diet when I was with them...but man it was hard. I'm a midwestern boy, I grew up on meat and potatoes. I have meat twice a day, sometimes for all 3 meals.

Not a whole lot in this world can rival standing out at the grill drinking a beer joking with some friends and family.

I've dated a few vegetarians - out of respect for them I tried to eat a vegetarian diet when I was with them...but man it was hard. I'm a midwestern boy' date=' I grew up on meat and potatoes. I have meat twice a day, sometimes for all 3 meals.

[b']Not a whole lot in this world can rival standing out at the grill drinking a beer joking with some friends and family.[/b]

What about standing out at the beer drinking your family joking about the grill?

What about standing out at the beer drinking your family joking about the grill?

If I was drinking my family, wouldn't that make me a cannibal of sorts? And I don't like cracking jokes on my grill, he's weathered some tough storms, so he has my respect.

:P

(In rereading my original post, I really should have used some commas)

If I was drinking my family' date=' wouldn't that make me a cannibal of sorts? And I don't like cracking jokes on my grill, he's weathered some tough storms, so he has my respect.

:P

(In rereading my original post, I really should have used some commas)[/quote']

so you would like standing in beer then, correct? hell, who wouldn't?

Archived