Possible Hernia?

AXEINGAR

I woke up yesterday morning with roughly a pea sized bump ( maybe a little smaller ) and red ring of irritated skin about half dollar sized just above where my pubic hair begins ( not to be gross, sorry). It is fairly sore and underneath the irritated skin and is sore even nearly half n inch away from the actual bump. Given the location has me kinda worried about possible hernia? anyone ever have this happen or am i just being paranoid?

I woke up yesterday morning with roughly a pea sized bump ( maybe a little smaller ) and red ring of irritated skin about half dollar sized just above where my pubic hair begins ( not to be gross' date=' sorry). It is fairly sore and underneath the irritated skin and is sore even nearly half n inch away from the actual bump. Given the location has me kinda worried about possible hernia? anyone ever have this happen or am i just being paranoid?[/quote']

There is somethings that you shouldn't share in a public forum . This is one of them. Go ask your Doctor.

Doesn't sound like a hernia. I have had 2 before and neither had any irritation of the skin. Simply a lump that you would be able to push back in - a hernia is a tear in the abdominal wall in which a portion of your intestines is able to poke through, you should be able to push the intestines back in (if you don't it can cut off blood supply and kill the portion of the intestines, which is bad.

Doesn't sound like a hernia. I have had 2 before and neither had any irritation of the skin. Simply a lump that you would be able to push back in - a hernia is a tear in the abdominal wall in which a portion of your intestines is able to poke through' date=' you should be able to push the intestines back in (if you don't it can cut off blood supply and kill the portion of the intestines, which is bad.[/quote']

Thanks a lot man. Yah planning on making a doctors visit but my Doc's booked up threw the week. Guess i might have to go to the clinic... And sorry if its gross but most people in UFC forums are athletes who have experienced similar things. Thats why i asked.

I woke up yesterday morning with roughly a pea sized bump ( maybe a little smaller ) and red ring of irritated skin about half dollar sized just above where my pubic hair begins ( not to be gross' date=' sorry). It is fairly sore and underneath the irritated skin and is sore even nearly half n inch away from the actual bump. Given the location has me kinda worried about possible hernia? anyone ever have this happen or am i just being paranoid?[/quote']

Sounds like ring worm or some kind of fungus.

Sounds more like a spider bite then anything else. Usually a red ring around a wound is a sign of some sort of infection or venom. Soreness goes along with that as well.

If it was hernia usually it hurts just to bend over or walk around.

Sounds more like a spider bite then anything else. Usually a red ring around a wound is a sign of some sort of infection or venom. Soreness goes along with that as well.

this is what i thought, hopefuly its not staff i had it a few times and it started out like that everytime but then after a few days it wasnt sore, it hurt like a mofo.if i was you i would use a q tip to rub alcohol around the area and dont touch it until you can get to a doc. good luck man hope your ok

Sometimes they hurt and sometimes they don't. I had one 6 months before I had an operation and it never hurt.

Maybe a bug bite or staff, I have had both before but never in such an odd place. The location is what worried me into thinking possible hernia and maybe still but it seems to little and i can't push the "bump" back into my stomach so probably not. I had staff on my **** several years ago and it hurt like hell but this feels more tender then that did. Maybe due to location. Guess I should let the doc give the diagnosis instead of UFC forums but you guys have been extremely helpful :) thanks guys.

I get thoes ever now and then I was kinda worried about it but then i went to the doc and he said it looked like an ingrown hair. Just to be sure we did tests and they all came back negitave and he said it was most lilkey just an ingrown hair. If you are a beast like me and it looks like you are always whearing a swetter then it is possable that it is just that.

Archived