Shields on SF and the UFc

uaquin

Good Interview with Jake Shields regarding the happenings of the last couple weeks.

http://www.cagepotato.com/jake-shields-close-being-ufc-fighter-says-strikeforces-problem-company-only-pushes-has-beens

One very interesting thing:

?I don?t want to knock Strikeforce because that?s not my style even though they did treat me like **** which was unnecessary because I never talked bad about them. Honestly I would love to see Gilbert and Nick in the UFC. Even though Strikeforce is a good show, everyone knows it?s the number two show. They have a handful of good fighters but all the top competition is in the UFC and I feel that Nick and Gilbert are good enough to fight at the highest level. I would love to see them come over and once I get signed I?ll have to put that in Dana?s ear. I think they are two of the best of the best. I know the UFC likes having the best of the best and it just makes sense for them to be there."

Melendez and Diaz would be great additions to mix up the LW and WW divisions.

I would love to see Gilbert' date=' but Diaz was mediocre in the ufc before and the ufc's ww division is a lot more competitive now.[/quote']

True, but he was also very young then. His last UFC fight was 2006 and he is only 26 now. He was 22 back then. Would he challenge for a title, I don't know. I think he would be quite competitive though and be top 5 in the division.

True' date=' but he was also very young then. His last UFC fight was 2006 and he is only 26 now. He was 22 back then. Would he challenge for a title, I don't know. I think he would be quite competitive though and be top 5 in the division.[/quote']

He could be a gatekeeper for sure but I don't see him beating Gsp, Fitch, Alves, or even Kos.

Archived