Mark Hunt in the UFC, WTF?

Melvinj0

So i just saw that Mark Hunt is going to be fighting Sean McCorkie on the UFC 119 card. Ill give mark credit for haveing two notable wins over Cro Cop and Wanderlai but the guy has a MMA record of 5-6, and hes on a 5 fight loseing streak. I have no idea why this guy is getting a chance to fight in the UFC, its pretty lame.

i just saw this too and was like "wut duh eff!?"

he's always exciting though

Ya, thats true. Hes a pretty good Kickboxer but i dont really think MMA is his thing. Who knows though, he might coem in and dominate the UFC HW division :) LOL.

his record is 5-6 with 5 of his losses being Manhoef' date=' Mousassi, Overeem, Fedor, and Barnett.....

Its not like he has lost to chumps guys[/quote']

Yah, ill give him that. But those 5 guys destroyed him pretty easily. the only thing i can think of is that he got himself into shape and the UFC saw something in him. His fights with Cro Cop and Wandy were pretty awsome, but i just dunno :(.

Yah' date=' ill give him that. But those 5 guys destroyed him pretty easily. the only thing i can think of is that he got himself into shape and the UFC saw something in him. His fights with Cro Cop and Wandy were pretty awsome, but i just dunno :(.[/quote']

I know....I was just stating for those who only looked at his record and said this fight was impossible....my biggest question is whether or not 6'6 300+ McCorkle who has never fought at HWT can get down to 265

his record is 5-6 with 5 of his losses being Manhoef' date=' Mousassi, Overeem, Fedor, and Barnett.....

Its not like he has lost to chumps guys[/quote']

True but Manhoef and Mousassi aren't even in the same weight class as him. Manhoef is a middleweight and Mousassi is a light-heavy weight. As far as losing against Fedor, Overeem and Barnett, yeah no shame in losing.

What the balls is Mark Hunt doing in the UFC!?

dunno if this has already been said but its to do with his contract with PRIDE. So Dana had little choice apparently.

On a side not he went 8 mins with fedor so props to him but I don't think Mark Hunt is going to set the division on fire

Dana on twitter:

"part of the pride deal we contractually owe him fights from our purchase of the company"

dunno if this has already been said but its to do with his contract with PRIDE. So Dana had little choice apparently.

On a side not he went 8 mins with fedor so props to him but I don't think Mark Hunt is going to set the division on fire

Dana on twitter:

Well Mark Hunt won't make it very far.

Dana on twitter:

WOW, they bought pride how long ago and they still have to give out bs fights to fighters like this.... wonder what other crap fighters are going to come out of the woodwork to fight for the ufc.

well it makes sense he has lost 5 straight so he probably cant find a fight anywhere so he is getting desperate and found a loop hole to fight.

take his kickboxing record as well and its 6 straight loses. No wins in 4 years, I'll admitt 8 mins with fedor, fair enough but the rest is pretty terrible

What this fight will do tho is get some looks at McCorkle tho....he is supposed to be a pretty tough and very big boy.....he is from indy and I think thats why he was chosen for this fight.....but he is undefeated (although good louck recognizing anyone he has fought) and could be something to look at.....not sure on his age tho

So i just saw that Mark Hunt is going to be fighting Sean McCorkie on the UFC 119 card. Ill give mark credit for haveing two notable wins over Cro Cop and Wanderlai but the guy has a MMA record of 5-6' date=' and hes on a 5 fight loseing streak. I have no idea why this guy is getting a chance to fight in the UFC, its pretty lame.[/quote']

wtf-monkey.jpg

Yeah in reality' date=' Hunt is coming off 5 loses in a row, some to much smaller guys. I am more interested to see the guy they signed to fight him.... Sean McCorkle!![/quote']

Is this going to be open weight or are these two 300lb+ guys expected to make the 265lb HW limit?

Yeah in reality' date=' Hunt is coming off 5 loses in a row, some to much smaller guys. I am more interested to see the guy they signed to fight him.... Sean McCorkle!![/quote']

Seems like they are giving him a relatively easy fight to get started in the UFC, maybe showcase his strengths. Just don't understand why a guy 5-6 in MMA with 5 consecutive loses would be signed, unless it's just for a meal.

sweet mark hunts fight where sick before he started to suck

wandy vs hunt is my fav fight ever

Atomic Butt Drop comes to mind......

If thats true then why wasnt Sergei Kharitonov brought to the UFC as well???

Archived