You people need to realize who James Toney is

katieslover

He wont get beat by randy, He is one of the best pure boxers in history! Do u really think he is coming to the ufc without any takedown defense or ground game?! He was getting paid lots of money in boxing and still can. He knows he can destroy most ufc fighters thats why he made the transition! Cant wait for him to make a joke out of Dana!

James Toney will not get beat by randy NO POSSIBLE WAY

He wont get beat by randy' date=' He is one of the best pure boxers in history! Do u really think he is coming to the ufc without any takedown defense or ground game?! He was getting paid lots of money in boxing and still can. He knows he can destroy most ufc fighters thats why he made the transition! Cant wait for him to make a joke out of Dana!

James Toney will not get beat by randy NO POSSIBLE WAY[/quote']

He thinks that he can just punch somebody out easily before they can get him down, and hes very wrong. Cotoure will take him down easily and pound him out. Toney is too fat and old to develope any kind of takedown defense.

He wont get beat by randy' date=' He is one of the best pure boxers in history! Do u really think he is coming to the ufc without any takedown defense or ground game?! He was getting paid lots of money in boxing and still can. He knows he can destroy most ufc fighters thats why he made the transition! Cant wait for him to make a joke out of Dana!

If Randy tries to utilize his "great dirty boxing" to win then Randy best take a pillow because he will be waking up in the octogon, but hes Randy Couture- hes a Hall of Famer for a reason....he'll take Toney down & batter him 1st round win via G'n'P.

Unless Toney comes in as big and built as Lesnar, he's gonna get his **** kicked.

Oh wait, he won't, so he's gonna get his **** kicked.

Also, I can't stand listening to the dude talk. Learn how to articulate a sentence with your mouth. Damn guy can't speak english and he's american. He's got that pimp-daddy ghetto n1&&@ slur crap going on. Annoying as crap.

No, I didnt just read this. Say it isnt so. You cant exist! I refuse to live in a world where you exist!!!

THE SHAME!!! THE HORROR!!! THE...THE...OUTRAGE!!!

Seriously though, James Toney might have "some takedown defense". I'm sure he has been working on it a good bit to try and avoid Captain America's ground and pound.

But, that is a lot like a bowl of jello training to hold up against a hammer.

Sure, jello is thicker than water, but at the end of the day, its still facing hammer.

James Toney can practice takedown defense until he is literally blue in the face and he will not have begun to scratch the surface of years upon years of experience in the grappling game that Randy Couture has under his belt. (Both standing and on the ground.)

Sorry buddy, but LOL.

I'm a big fan of Toney's in the ring, but he's entering into a different world. Could he beat some of the UFC guys? Yeah, but Randy is one of the best grapplers in the biz. When a guy with great takedowns wants the fight to go to the mat...it usually goes to the mat. Now I'll give Toney his credit and say it's possible he keep the fight standing and unleashes his hands on Randy, but to say there is no chance of Randy winning is just plain foolishness.

In the short amount of time that Toney has had between signing with the UFC to UFC 118, there is no way in hell that he'll develop solid enough TTD to stop Randy Couture. It's just impossible unless you're a super athlete who puts guys like Lesnar and GSP to shame.

Randy via GnP Rnd 1.

No knock on Toney's skills as a striker, but do you really think that in the couple of months or even a year of training take down defense he can get to the point he can stop one of the best MMA wrestlers in the history of the sport?

Can Toney catch Randy and KO him, of course.

Can Randy get the Greco clinch toss Toney, land in side control and TKO him, you're delusional if you can't see the possibility.

You also make the mistake that Randy has no striking abilities, period. That he can't strike at all. Randy can hold his own in striking long enough to get Toney down.

Face it. Randy has everything he needs to win this fight. Everything Toney needs to win this fight, he's either to ignorant or stupid to learn. Toney is going down.

You also make the mistake that Randy has no striking abilities' date=' period. That he can't strike at all. Randy can hold his own in striking long enough to get Toney down.

Face it. Randy has everything he needs to win this fight. Everything Toney needs to win this fight, he's either to ignorant or stupid to learn. Toney is going down.[/quote']

IM NEVER WRONG ALL MY PREDICTIONS ARE RIGHT so just remember this thread come fight night. Toney will get the knockout

Randy Couture - Defender of MMA

Captain America

The Natural

Hall of Famer

Randy is not gonna let us down. Toney has KO'd 1 person in 10 years. Randy is going to outwork him' date=' outpunch him, and GnP him into the mat.[/quote']

1 KO in ten years?? really?? Then where does his big mouth come from :/

Ok, say he beats Randy. (total fluke), but if he does...then what? Dana gets pissed and throws him to the wolves. Toney vs Lesnar, Toney vs Carwin, Toney vs Cain. It doesn't matter. He couldn't stop a takedown from any of them, and once 265 pound Lesnar/Carwin got on top of him, there's no getting up.

Another grotesque display of what can happen when a fighter attains creepy illogical uber fans. Toney may have a good run in MMA, but a year or so of training in other aspects of the game besides pugilism means the statistics are against him. Not to mention that Couture will bring all of the craftiness he is known for. I have a feeling Couture will not rely on the clinch/dirty boxing game and will rely on wrestling to get Toney on his back. Toney has as good a shot at anyone else, maybe slightly above average but he no where close to being guaranteed a win.

Ok' date=' say he beats Randy. (total fluke), but if he does...then what? Dana gets pissed and throws him to the wolves. Toney vs Lesnar, Toney vs Carwin, Toney vs Cain. It doesn't matter. He couldn't stop a takedown from any of them, and once 265 pound Lesnar/Carwin got on top of him, there's no getting up.[/quote']

Except he wouldn't agree to fight any of them. He'd just go back to boxing and say, "Yeah. I beat one of your legends, MMA. Suck it!"

Toney only agreed to fight Randy because he, for some reason, feels he has a chance. Against behemoths like Lesnar, Carwin, and even Velasquez, he'd tremble like a girl and run back to boxing.

If he beats Couture, it will be a serious blow to MMA.

Totally agree (if Tony is still in shape that is). A lot of MMA fighters are just streetbrawlers or wrestlers that learned some boxing along the way. Not saying Randy is one of them as he is obviously a great athlete, but there are hardly any HW's with good hands and the ones that do are practically unbeatable and hard to take down. Carwin for example just knocks people the hell out and it works. If he can do that so easily with MMA fighters then I don't see why Toney can't. I am pretty sure Toney will not step in the cage and expect a normal boxing match and what matters is that his strikes are harder, faster and more precise then what we usually see in the UFC. He will probably laugh when he gets hit in the face as well because the man is a beast that has never been knocked down in over 80 matches.

Totally agree (if Tony is still in shape that is). A lot of MMA fighters are just streetbrawlers or wrestlers that learned some boxing along the way. Not saying Randy is one of them as he is obviously a great athlete' date=' but there are hardly any HW's with good hands and the ones that do are practically unbeatable and hard to take down. Carwin for example just knocks people the hell out and it works. If he can do that so easily with MMA fighters then I don't see why Toney can't. I am pretty sure Toney will not step in the cage and expect a normal boxing match and what matters is that his strikes are harder, faster and more precise then what we usually see in the UFC. He will probably laugh when he gets hit in the face as well because the man is a beast that has never been knocked down in over 80 matches.[/quote']

This^

James Toney is going to get destroyed by Randy Couture.

Except he wouldn't agree to fight any of them. He'd just go back to boxing and say' date=' "Yeah. I beat one of your legends, MMA. Suck it!"

Toney only agreed to fight Randy because he, for some reason, feels he has a chance. Against behemoths like Lesnar, Carwin, and even Velasquez, he'd tremble like a girl and run back to boxing.

If he beats Couture, it will be a serious blow to MMA.[/quote']

We see wrestlers with crappy boxing grind out decisions all the time but if a boxer with crappy wrestling wins "it will be a serious blow to mma"?? Would you mind explaining this? How would it be ANY sort of blow to mma for someone to win a fight with their boxing?

Randy only gets ktfo by people who are great wrestlers with big punches

Randy will not have to worry about Toneys punches because Toney will be on his back before he can say "no takedown defense"

Yes the four ounce gloves will make the punches harder, but Randy is not going to stand in front of him, Randy will be changing levels the whole fight.

You have seen what a great wrestler( Brock) has accomplished with his striking in 3 years, not much

Not all people have the same capacity to learn certain things

Some people can train and train and just not excel at something

And no matter how much he trained, standup is so entrenched in his mind that he will naturally be throwing punches when he should be sprawling

By now striking is instinct to Toney, not tdd

I would compare this fight to Brock vs Carwin

But take away Carwins Wrestling :confused:

Randy will not have to worry about Toneys punches because Toney will be on his back before he can say "no takedown defense"

Yes the four ounce gloves will make the punches harder' date=' but Randy is not going to stand in front of him, Randy will be changing levels the whole fight.

You have seen what a great wrestler( Brock) has accomplished with his striking in 3 years, not much

And no matter how much he trained, standup is so entrenched in his mind that he will naturally be throwing punches when he should be sprawling

But take away Carwins Wrestling :confused:[/quote']

Whoa, buddy don't start some making sense non-sense here.

Did JB stop using the Bread? I was starting to look forward to it.

Yes the four ounce gloves will make the punches harder' date=' but Randy is not going to stand in front of him, Randy will be changing levels the whole fight.

But take away Carwins Wrestling :confused:[/quote']

Common now lol. Brock Lesnar was able to land on Couture and we all seen how crap his striking is so what makes you think Toney can't? Toney is a amazing shortrange puncher and if he can close the dinstance and "dirty" box then I don't see Couture lasting very long.

Common now lol. Brock Lesnar was able to land on Couture and we all seen how crap his striking is so what makes you think Toney can't? Toney is a amazing shortrange puncher and if he can close the dinstance and "dirty" box then I don't see Couture lasting very long.

i think maybe you were not paying attention, do you have adhd or something

Why did Randy have to stand with Brock? Did it have anything to do with Brock being a 280 lb div 1 wrestling national champ?

are Toneys wrestling credentials comparable to Lesnars

i win this debate i thinks :eek:

Randy Couture - Defender of MMA

Captain America

The Natural

Hall of Famer

Randy is not gonna let us down. Toney has KO'd 1 person in 10 years. Randy is going to outwork him' date=' outpunch him, and GnP him into the mat.[/quote']

JB, you crazy. Toney KO'd his last opponent in 2009. Prior to that though, it was Holyfield in 2003.

Dude knocked out Holyfield - he could knock out Couture with a glancing jab.

James Toney

Lights out.

Over 75 bouts in boxing.

1 knockout in 8 years.

Thats right.

knockout

years

in

Randy Couture will take him down, and make him eat 4 oz. leather for 3 rounds or until Toney's heart or cardio gives out. Or his real heart, because from how flabby that guy looks, it's a real chance.

JB' date=' you crazy. Toney KO'd his last opponent in 2009. Prior to that though, it was Holyfield in 2003.

Dude knocked out Holyfield - he could knock out Couture with a glancing jab.[/quote']

A nobody fighter.

Wow. Impressive.

And he TKO'd Holyfield... not the same, his last KO came in 2002 against Jason Robinson...

Another fighter no one knows about...

A nobody fighter.

Wow. Impressive.

And he TKO'd Holyfield... not the same' date=' his last KO came in 2002 against Jason Robinson...

Another fighter no one knows about...[/quote']

Don't forget Toney will be wearing MMA Gloves... There is a huge difference dude, HUGE.

Archived