Im looking at A. Silva's record and

So_Amazing

he hasnt beat a lot of great strikers, the only ones i could call great strikers are Rich and Nate but Nate wasnt that good at the time...

The same thing with Cro Cop, beat most ground guys or people who gas easily, faces good strikers JDS or even Gonzaga and gets beat...

he hasnt beat a lot of great strikers' date=' the only ones i could call great strikers are Rich and Nate but Nate wasnt that good at the time...

[b']The same thing with Cro Cop, beat most ground guys or people who gas easily, faces good strikers JDS or even Gonzaga and gets beat...[/b]

Wandy?

Does it matter?

He beat Hayato Sakurai when he was considered one of the best P4P fighters on the planet.

Does that count for anything?

Yes it does matter and as we see today Mach is considered a good fighter, hes not what he was hyped up to be.

You're not getting the point of the thread either, Anderson is still greatly untested when fighting great strikers.

Yes it does matter and as we see today Mach is considered a good fighter' date=' hes not what he was hyped up to be.

You're not getting the point of the thread either, Anderson is still greatly untested when fighting great strikers.[/quote']

we will see how he holds up against vitor....i think with his accuracy and amazing counter punches it will not be to much of a problem for him

Yes it does matter and as we see today Mach is considered a good fighter' date=' hes not what he was hyped up to be.

You're not getting the point of the thread either, Anderson is still greatly untested when fighting great strikers.[/quote']

Mach is still a beast at 34/5 ;)

That said, there aren't any real strikers who were considered "great" under 205, or even 185.

Let's not forget Silva fought at -170 before... so who?

we will see how he holds up against vitor....i think with his accuracy and amazing counter punches it will not be to much of a problem for him

I think if Vitor picks his shots like Rich did in the second fight, he will be fine he has faster hands and has one punch knock out power.

Mach is still a beast at 34/5 ;)

That said' date=' there aren't any real strikers who were considered "great" under 205, or even 185.

Let's not forget Silva fought at -170 before... so who?[/quote']

Well Silva fights at 205 also so... there are a lot of great strikers there.

I think Shogun would beat Anderson.

He's just started to fight at 205.... again he fought weighing 168 before.

Let's judge him later mmmkay?

In Pride you could fight anybody... how about we judge him on his whole record because thats what the thread was about...has he been tested by great strikers and the answer is no, agreed? I thought so.

In Pride you could fight anybody... how about we judge him on his whole record because thats what the thread was about...has he been tested by great strikers and the answer is no' date=' agreed? I thought so.[/quote']

Only fools enter open-weight -_-

In a period of skill, you better be a monster if you expect to win one of those (unlike the Royce era)

Hendo and Rich are about it, fair enough.

Only fools enter open-weight -_-

In a period of skill' date=' you better be a monster if you expect to win one of those (unlike the Royce era)

Hendo and Rich are about it, fair enough.[/quote']

Mousasi wins those fine...lol

Fair enought I guess.

Its gonna be another walk through for Silva. Silva is the best Middle weight and light heavy weight in the ufc. Chael sonnen wont make it past the first round. The only fights im interested in seeing him fight is with Shogun, St. Pierre, and Belfort. This is just a waste of time. No real reason to even watch. No matter were the fight goes Silva is gonna when like it isnt nothing.

Look at what he did to forrest. No I dont think forrest is a great striker but he is very technically sound' date=' anderson made him look like a fool and was able to pick up on every little mistake he made and capitalize.[/quote']

This sounds about right.

Shogun has nothing on Anderson.

Both have insane muay thai' date=' but anderson's movement is just on another level, I dont think theres even boxers out there that can imitate how anderson moves[/quote']

Anderson loves Roy Jones, which is why he tries to emulate him.

IMO, he does a freakin' amazing job.

Perhaps Anderson Silva hasn't been tested by great strikers, but it is through no fault of his own. Dana White and Joe Silva thinks it's funny and entertaining to constantly put him up against bad stylistic match ups hoping he'll lose, instead of exciting fights that will further establish him.

That said, all professional MMA fighters know how to punch and most have knock-out power for their respective weight classes. I've seen fights where Anderson has been hit hard, but his uncanny ability to throw hard strikes in traffic has made these go unnoticed.

I think Anderson Silva would welcome anyone to stand up and trade. I don't think we've seen anything yet as far as his maximum striking capabilities, though I have a feeling you will see it if a Beltfort or a Rua fight ever materializes. And you better believe that Anderson is excited to show this unseen talent sometime before he retires.

Anderson is an extremely smart fighter, I can't see him getting caught. His ability to accurately gauge strikes and adjust accordingly is just unparalleled. I don't believe his strikes are the hardest and that would probably do him a disservice in boxing; however, the opportunity his striking presents to set up finishes makes him most dangerous. His opponent has to think twice about EVERY single kick or punch they throw not so much because of the returning punch, but because of the following combination that will likely end the fight.

...And yes, I came while typing this post.

Planters nuts have competition because Silva's are the greatest.

Well Shoguns cardio has improved since then and he wasnt able to kick good either' date=' and thats a big part of his game.[/quote']

I agree that Shogun's cardio has improved exponentially.

The fact that he was breathing normal after his 5-round fight with Lyoto is testament to that.

That being said, all the cardio and kicks in the world, aren't going to help him with Anderson. That guy is on a completely different level.

Perhaps Anderson Silva hasn't been tested by great strikers' date=' but it is through no fault of his own. Dana White and Joe Silva thinks it's funny and entertaining to constantly put him up against bad stylistic match ups hoping he'll lose, instead of exciting fights that will further establish him.

That said, all professional MMA fighters know how to punch and most have knock-out power for their respective weight classes. I've seen fights where Anderson has been hit hard, but his uncanny ability to throw hard strikes in traffic has made these go unnoticed.

I think Anderson Silva would welcome anyone to stand up and trade. I don't think we've seen anything yet as far as his maximum striking capabilities, though I have a feeling you will see it if a Beltfort or a Rua fight ever materializes. And you better believe that Anderson is excited to show this unseen talent sometime before he retires.

Anderson is an extremely smart fighter, I can't see him getting caught. His ability to accurately gauge strikes and adjust accordingly is just unparalleled. I don't believe his strikes are the hardest and that would probably do him a disservice in boxing; however, the opportunity his striking presents to set up finishes makes him most dangerous. His opponent has to think twice about EVERY single kick or punch they throw not so much because of the returning punch, but because of the following combination that will likely end the fight.

...And yes, I came while typing this post.

Planters nuts have competition because Silva's are the greatest.[/quote']

LOL +1 you sir deserve a win.

That last sentence is awesome.

he hasnt beat a lot of great strikers' date=' the only ones i could call great strikers are Rich and Nate but Nate wasnt that good at the time...

The same thing with Cro Cop, beat most ground guys or people who gas easily, faces good strikers JDS or even Gonzaga and gets beat...[/quote']

Horrible attempt to bash Silva

Archived