5 round main events

MoneyShot7

I want to see 5 round main events regardless whether or not it is a title fight, we still pay the same price for events without title fights and if the fighter are of higher enough caliber too fight in the main event they should be able to go 5 rounds.

Thoughts?

I think it causes problems in a few areas:

determining #1 contenders when you have a mixture of 3 and 5 round (non championship) fights.

Certain fighters having an advantage over other fighters with the variation

I also think its cheapens the champion in a way as the Champion is the only fighter that someone in that division faces in 5 rounds.

There might also be trouble being able to market 5 round non-title fights. I'm not a marketing expert so I wouldn't know about that though

Nice idea thoug and at least its a different kind of thread

I'm just glad it's not like boxing. Mayweather vs mosely was the longest 36 minutes of my life soooo boring. Just when things get interesting the round ends. Over & over again 12 times. The only highlight 10 seconds of mayweather's knees buckling in the 2nd. & to think championship mma fights are only 11 minutes shorter with a 7 round difference

Tell me you wouldnt have wanted 2 more rounds in that rampage rashad fight.3 rounds just isnt enough sometimes.And when yer paying 50 bucks to watch the ppv it would be nice to have some finality to it.Those 2 extra rounds expose the cardio and the heart of the fighters.I dont think ait should be done all the time but in important fights i would like to see it occasionaly.

I voted no. Though in certain cases (like on TUF) I wish they could go an extra round if it was close (draw) not saying every M.E. goes five rounds, but I would like the option of having the fight possibly continued for another round.

Archived