The week that changed the MMA heavyweight division forever

Mtx

A great read about an amazing week

June 26 to July 3, 2010.

Saturday to Saturday.

Only eight days on the calendar, but an epic span in the world of MMA.

It was a week bookended by the defeat of an almost mythical figure in Fedor Emelianenko, and the hard-fought victory of a returning champion in Brock Lesnar.

A week that no true fan of MMA is ever going to forget.

Any time an athlete comes to dominate in his or her chosen sport, especially when that domination comes with the special luster of an undefeated tag, the speculation begins. Are they the greatest of all time? Will they retire without a loss? And if not, who will be the one to dethrone them?

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/The-week-that-changed-the-MMA-heavyweight-division-forever.html

+1 good post. This really has been a week we will never forget

+2 agree totally, dont know how i feel about fedor getting beaten, suppose it HAD to happen sometime. Brock will go on and dominate the HW division for some time now IMO so yes HUGE week for the HW division

+2 agree totally' date=' dont know how i feel about fedor getting beaten, suppose it HAD to happen sometime. Brock will go on and dominate the HW division for some time now IMO so yes HUGE week for the HW division[/quote']

Exactly and thats why it was so important. I always loved Fedor and always will but him fighting for as long as he did this lose was bound to happen. And now no one can say Brock is not legit. A HUGE week for the HW, really huge.

Archived