Sonnen: Open letter to fans.... Nog.....

SuiSki

?Hi, everybody! Remember me? Your ol? buddy Chael? Y?know I spend most of my time fightin?, which doesn?t leave much time for writin?, but things being what they are, I?ve decided to take a moment or two, and fire up the ol? Olivetti typewriter, put in a fresh ribbon, and share some of my recent thoughts with you?.

Firstly, I?ve gotten a significant amount of feedback regarding my ?correspondence? with MMA?..?Journalist? Jon Lane?So?.To any and all members of the media: I?m always happy to talk and share my time and ideas with you. And I appreciate your efforts in contacting me, and instead of ?circling the wagons? around a ?fellow journalist?, for applauding my efforts to?.FIX things. Do me a favor, guys. Don?t be so hard on JonJon. He?ll get it. Bring him along, help him out here & there. I kinda like him. And Jon?..No hard feelings. Really. If you re-read our correspondence in the cold, hard, light of day, you?ll see I was trying to?.HELP you.

I never expected you to be Umberto Eco; but those questions? guy! I mean COME ON. So buck up, little soldier. If you fall off, just get right back on ? even if it?s only a keyboard you?re getting on.

And Lil? Nog?..I read your appraisal of the upcoming fight betwixt your pal Anderson and yours truly and, I?ll be damned, you are one sharp dude?. about as sharp as a bag of wet mice.

Do yourself a favor: have your mouthpiece permanently installed in your mouth so you can?t speak at all. Have them feed you with a tube like a coma patient. You?re not doing Anderson any good and you?re sinking your own ship too. You say I?m not qualified to fight Anderson?Which means that the UFC brain trust ? that thinks I AM and are also YOUR BOSSES ? are idiots. It also means Ed Soares ? Anderson?s manager and YOUR MANAGER TOO ? doesn?t know what he?s doing, either. Smooth, guy. Very smooth. Do you have any other brilliant ideas or scathing critiques you care to impart to the UFC Brass or your own manager? Maybe that shot Sokodjou hit you with was worse than it looked (if that?s even possible).

You seem like a nice enough guy, and I have no real beef with you (Oh, and speaking of beef: If you can turn your disk over at the Rodizio once in awhile and get down to ?185,? there?s gonna be a new sheriff there in less than a month who?ll be happy to ride you right back out of town on a rail). So please see this as the kind of well-intentioned advice I would give to a friend or training partner. And if you lose a few (you looked like Roy Nelson in a Frankenstein mask for that Brilz fight? which you lost, buddyboy), we can scrap in the Fall.

And Ed, I saw your recent comments. Not bad work. Hats off. You come across as professional and accountable in every respect?which makes your inability to control, explain or denounce Anderson?s behavior quite puzzling to me. THAT?S one of the main reasons we are where we are with all this: because you can?t make him fight.

You can?t explain why he does what he does and you refuse to give a consistent, rational explanation for it. It?s like you keep trying to sell the kids faulty fireworks that turn around after 10 feet and come screaming back and hit them in the eye or blow their hands off.

Are you aware that you represent the generally acknowledged best fighter in the world in the premier promotion on planet Earth and that the president of that company has promised to FIRE HIM for his behavior?

Aren?t you just a little embarrassed by that?

And that?s got NOTHING to do with me, or even this fight.

Imagine: Your team is on the two-yard line in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, but your star quarterback disregards the head coach?s instructions and calls a play where he throws the ball to a popcorn vendor in the sixth row, then eats a piece of turf and craps in his helmet on the 50-yard line.

Do you know who he?s REALLY mad at? NOT the fans or the opposing team?he?s mad at daddy; he?s mad at the coach!

WHY?

What causes that encoded hostility?

Is your fighter insane? If he is ? and you therefore cannot reasonably predict his behavior ? isn?t it incumbent upon YOU to find a way to fix it?

Don?t you owe that to the sport?

To the fans?

To his boss, Dana White?

And lastly? don?t you owe a debt to HIM and his long-term psychological well-being? Shouldn?t you get him the help he needs, before one of his irrational, unexplainable acts causes himself or someone else genuine harm? If he?s irrational and uncontrollable, put him in a psych ward. If he?s fine, prove it by giving a legitimate, rational, explanation for his actions in Abu Dhabi. I?m the one who has to fight him.

What?s going on, exactly?

?OK kids??.Chael has to go get all sweaty again.?

?Hi' date=' everybody! Remember me? Your ol? buddy Chael? Y?know I spend most of my time fightin?, which doesn?t leave much time for writin?, but things being what they are, I?ve decided to take a moment or two, and fire up the ol? Olivetti typewriter, put in a fresh ribbon, and share some of my recent thoughts with you?.

Firstly, I?ve gotten a significant amount of feedback regarding my ?correspondence? with MMA?..?Journalist? Jon Lane?So?.To any and all members of the media: I?m always happy to talk and share my time and ideas with you. And I appreciate your efforts in contacting me, and instead of ?circling the wagons? around a ?fellow journalist?, for applauding my efforts to?.FIX things. Do me a favor, guys. Don?t be so hard on JonJon. He?ll get it. Bring him along, help him out here & there. I kinda like him. And Jon?..No hard feelings. Really. If you re-read our correspondence in the cold, hard, light of day, you?ll see I was trying to?.HELP you.

I never expected you to be Umberto Eco; but those questions? guy! I mean COME ON. So buck up, little soldier. If you fall off, just get right back on ? even if it?s only a keyboard you?re getting on.

And Lil? Nog?..I read your appraisal of the upcoming fight betwixt your pal Anderson and yours truly and, I?ll be damned, you are one sharp dude?. about as sharp as a bag of wet mice.

Do yourself a favor: have your mouthpiece permanently installed in your mouth so you can?t speak at all. Have them feed you with a tube like a coma patient. You?re not doing Anderson any good and you?re sinking your own ship too. You say I?m not qualified to fight Anderson?Which means that the UFC brain trust ? that thinks I AM and are also YOUR BOSSES ? are idiots. It also means Ed Soares ? Anderson?s manager and YOUR MANAGER TOO ? doesn?t know what he?s doing, either. Smooth, guy. Very smooth. Do you have any other brilliant ideas or scathing critiques you care to impart to the UFC Brass or your own manager? Maybe that shot Sokodjou hit you with was worse than it looked (if that?s even possible).

You seem like a nice enough guy, and I have no real beef with you (Oh, and speaking of beef: If you can turn your disk over at the Rodizio once in awhile and get down to ?185,? there?s gonna be a new sheriff there in less than a month who?ll be happy to ride you right back out of town on a rail). So please see this as the kind of well-intentioned advice I would give to a friend or training partner. And if you lose a few (you looked like Roy Nelson in a Frankenstein mask for that Brilz fight? which you lost, buddyboy), we can scrap in the Fall.

And Ed, I saw your recent comments. Not bad work. Hats off. You come across as professional and accountable in every respect?which makes your inability to control, explain or denounce Anderson?s behavior quite puzzling to me. THAT?S one of the main reasons we are where we are with all this: because you can?t make him fight.

You can?t explain why he does what he does and you refuse to give a consistent, rational explanation for it. It?s like you keep trying to sell the kids faulty fireworks that turn around after 10 feet and come screaming back and hit them in the eye or blow their hands off.

Are you aware that you represent the generally acknowledged best fighter in the world in the premier promotion on planet Earth and that the president of that company has promised to FIRE HIM for his behavior?

Aren?t you just a little embarrassed by that?

And that?s got NOTHING to do with me, or even this fight.

Imagine: Your team is on the two-yard line in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, but your star quarterback disregards the head coach?s instructions and calls a play where he throws the ball to a popcorn vendor in the sixth row, then eats a piece of turf and craps in his helmet on the 50-yard line.

Do you know who he?s REALLY mad at? NOT the fans or the opposing team?he?s mad at daddy; he?s mad at the coach!

WHY?

What causes that encoded hostility?

Is your fighter insane? If he is ? and you therefore cannot reasonably predict his behavior ? isn?t it incumbent upon YOU to find a way to fix it?

Don?t you owe that to the sport?

To the fans?

To his boss, Dana White?

And lastly? don?t you owe a debt to HIM and his long-term psychological well-being? Shouldn?t you get him the help he needs, before one of his irrational, unexplainable acts causes himself or someone else genuine harm? If he?s irrational and uncontrollable, put him in a psych ward. If he?s fine, prove it by giving a legitimate, rational, explanation for his actions in Abu Dhabi. I?m the one who has to fight him.

What?s going on, exactly?

?OK kids??.Chael has to go get all sweaty again.?[/quote']

What is this?

He takes this way too far. Its one thing for him to say he thinks he's going to beat A.Silva, which in itself is highly doubtful, but to slander everyone who supports Anderson is wrong. Chael needs to start acting like a man and learn how to respect people that deserve his respect.

He really should spend all his time and attention on training. I mean he already has his hands full with the best fighter the ufc has to offer.

He can't train 24/7 and it shows his time not in the gym is spent hyping the fight and getting under anderson's skin. I'm enjoying every bit of it.

"Imagine: Your team is on the two-yard line in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl, but your star quarterback disregards the head coach?s instructions and calls a play where he throws the ball to a popcorn vendor in the sixth row, then eats a piece of turf and craps in his helmet on the 50-yard line."

Funniest part of the letter and a pretty good analogy as well.

I can't think of better trash talk before a fight .. maybe I'm biased cuz silva's pissed me off with his 'performances' .. even if chael gets knocked out in 5 seconds .. this was funny as hell .. but i hope he at least rubs his elbows in his face for a round or 2

How can you like something as disrespectful and incoherent as this? I thought I was reading a letter from Bowser to Mario! I just played Mario Galaxy where Im Anderson (Mario) Silva and I woop all over Chael (Bowser Jr.) Sonnen, like in real life. This is what is truly ruining MMA. Brock learned his lesson and I can't wait for him to as well. It's not like he has a nice winning record or anything. This guy just went over the top for me, good night Chael, sleep tight.

PS I dont even want Silva to shut this guy up for MMA, I want him to shut him up for us Silvas!!!!!! It's personal now!!

How can you like something as disrespectful and incoherent as this? I thought I was reading a letter from Bowser to Mario! I just played Mario Galaxy where Im Anderson (Mario) Silva and I woop all over Chael (Bowser Jr.) Sonnen' date=' like in real life. This is what is truly ruining MMA. Brock learned his lesson and I can't wait for him to as well. It's not like he has a nice winning record or anything. This guy just went over the top for me, good night Chael, sleep tight.

PS I dont even want Silva to shut this guy up for MMA, I want him to shut him up for us Silvas!!!!!! It's personal now!![/quote']

That "Junior Member" tag really means more and more everyday, doesn't it? Interesting comparison.... C.Sonnen vs A.Silva as told by Nintendo...

at least chael knows how to see and is not afraid to write it down. Nog started it , thats why chael responded to him, his comments about silvas manager is right on the button, It is his job to promote and keep his guy in line. Anderson silva should play NFL football for like cleveland or something, he needs to go to a bar shoot at an inocent person, maybe get a dui and then we wouldnt be surprised at how he acts in the ring. But as it stands, " what the hell is wrong with this guy"? If he is the best in the world, and his opponents suck then how come he keeps having these 5 round sleepers. The only time silva does realy well is when he gets in his opponents head. If he cant shake em up with his banter then its "showboat" time. which to me is realy him running around afraid to engage with a non swinging wildly fighter. Hes a counter striker, he taunts people and then makes them chase him. only after he scores a nice counter does he actualy get aggresive.

bye bye for now

Yeah I just bought my 12 year old a Wii. Your comment had nothing to do with the letter Sonnen wrote. Go and enjoy your website rankings or whatever that junior comment meant. It seems thats all you got. This is why I don't sign in and comment because of ignorant people like you. I gave my opinion and you attack me haha. You're funny.

Yeah I just bought my 12 year old a Wii. Your comment had nothing to do with the letter Sonnen wrote. Go and enjoy your website rankings or whatever that junior comment meant. It seems thats all you got. This is why I don't sign in and comment because of ignorant people like you. I gave my opinion and you attack me haha. You're funny.

The Bowser bit was funny.... everyone doesn't hate you.

at least chael knows how to see and is not afraid to write it down. Nog started it ' date=' thats why chael responded to him, his comments about silvas manager is right on the button, It is his job to promote and keep his guy in line. Anderson silva should play NFL football for like cleveland or something, he needs to go to a bar shoot at an inocent person, maybe get a dui and then we wouldnt be surprised at how he acts in the ring. But as it stands, " what the hell is wrong with this guy"? If he is the best in the world, and his opponents suck then how come he keeps having these 5 round sleepers. The only time silva does realy well is when he gets in his opponents head. If he cant shake em up with his banter then its "showboat" time. which to me is realy him running around afraid to engage with a non swinging wildly fighter. Hes a counter striker, he taunts people and then makes them chase him. only after he scores a nice counter does he actualy get aggresive.

bye bye for now[/quote']

I believe that Chael started it by saying that a black belt from the Noguira brothers isn't legit.

Why thank you. Like I said I was playing this game Mario, and then I read this letter from Sonnen and they are just so strikingly similar. No wonder he is a politician! He sure sounds like it, thats why we have speech writers people! Someone needs to get this guy under control. I know people were unhappy with Silva's last performances but I guess only a Silva would understand his antics. I know because I am a very odd person at times haha. But to encourage this kind of behavior in a sport with only one WWE star is just counter-productive.

So you have to think to yourself, "Why would Chael write this letter?" To me, it's clear as day. What has Anderson done his last 3 fights? Nothing - other than waiting on his heels and taunting his opponents. I believe Chael is a relatively educated man, so I think by attacking A.Silva and his coaches he is trying to bait A.Silva into a brawl, where he'll be able to drop levels and take A.Silva down. I'm surprised Chael didn't attack A.Silva's family, sure it would be a low blow, but a sure bet to anger A.Silva (which probably isn't the smartest thing). I want A.Silva to actually fight this time, which I have yet to see him do inside or outside the Octagon (granted I haven't seen all A.Silva's fights).

BTW, hello all, this is my first post after having stalked the forums for a really long time.

So you have to think to yourself' date=' "Why would Chael write this letter?" To me, it's clear as day. What has Anderson done his last 3 fights? Nothing - other than waiting on his heels and taunting his opponents. I believe Chael is a relatively educated man, so I think by attacking A.Silva and his coaches he is trying to bait A.Silva into a brawl, where he'll be able to drop levels and take A.Silva down. I'm surprised Chael didn't attack A.Silva's family, sure it would be a low blow, but a sure bet to anger A.Silva (which probably isn't the smartest thing). I want A.Silva to actually fight this time, which I have yet to see him do inside or outside the Octagon (granted I haven't seen all A.Silva's fights).

BTW, hello all, this is my first post after having stalked the forums for a really long time.[/quote']

Hi Noob. BTW. Anderson Silva beat the s h i t out of Forrest he wasn't dancing. Did you see Maia's face after the fight, hardly looked like nothing..... you have to agree..

So you have to think to yourself' date=' "Why would Chael write this letter?" To me, it's clear as day. What has Anderson done his last 3 fights? Nothing - other than waiting on his heels and taunting his opponents. I believe Chael is a relatively educated man, so I think by attacking A.Silva and his coaches he is trying to bait A.Silva into a brawl, where he'll be able to drop levels and take A.Silva down. I'm surprised Chael didn't attack A.Silva's family, sure it would be a low blow, but a sure bet to anger A.Silva (which probably isn't the smartest thing). I want A.Silva to actually fight this time, which I have yet to see him do inside or outside the Octagon (granted I haven't seen all A.Silva's fights).

BTW, hello all, this is my first post after having stalked the forums for a really long time.[/quote']

Welcome to the forums.

I agree, this is baiting Anderson into doing something crazy. It could lead to him getting knocked out in record time with a flying knee, or it could open up a hole for him to take Anderson down and work his GnP. Either way I am really looking forward to this fight. I really dunno who to back as the winner.

Hi Noob. BTW. Anderson Silva beat the s h i t out of Forrest he wasn't dancing. Did you see Maia's face after the fight' date=' hardly looked like nothing..... you have to agree..[/quote']

Yes, I agree with you. However, I haven't seen him fight. I've seen him counter punch, I've seen his takedown defense, and I've seen him act like a fool. If he really wants to be known as one of the greatest fighters of all time he needs to start kickin some ****. Otherwise he'll be known as the greatest counter puncher of all time.

But one thing I do disagree with is your statement that he wasn't dancing versus Forrest, he clearly was and Forrest clearly was not right in that fight. Did anyone else really question why in almost every other fight Forrest can take shot after shot but A.Silva paws at him and he lays down like an old man who fell out of his hover-round?

I don't know if you were expecting a reaction to the noob comment but I've been foruming for many, many years and I've been called worse. :)

Hi Noob. BTW. Anderson Silva beat the s h i t out of Forrest he wasn't dancing. Did you see Maia's face after the fight' date=' hardly looked like nothing..... you have to agree..[/quote']

i agree he taunted forrest and "noob forrest" chased him down swinging like a mad man. I mean honestly, the way forrest fought the should have cut him. Everyone wanted to see a strong guy with a good chin and decent ground game , time his shots and counter with silva, change levels when silva attacked , but no , we got run forrest run right into his fists, he may as well have his eyes closed.

So please dont justify silvas greatness with a comment on his performance over "noob forrest" making every mistake you could think of if you had to fight silva. Honestly , forrest looked coked up...IMO

And i agree 100% maia did not deserve to be in there , it should have been marquardt. Who had probaly got one of the best chances at 185 against Silva (besides maybe Vitor). He knows first hand how fast he is from fighting him, not from watching but from feeling it. And nate is a great wrestler, not as great as chael,and he has awesome striking to go a long with his nice takedowns, and hes got a tough chin. Nate beat maia. When he lost a decision to chael but beat him so bad he couldnt fight soon enough, it should have been his ticket to the show.

back to chael... he is so gonna throw silva on his back and pound a hole in his face

i agree he taunted forrest and "noob forrest" chased him down swinging like a mad man. I mean honestly' date=' the way forrest fought the should have cut him. Everyone wanted to see a strong guy with a good chin and decent ground game , time his shots and counter with silva, change levels when silva attacked , but no , we got run forrest run right into his fists, he may as well have his eyes closed.

So please dont justify silvas greatness with a comment on his performance over "noob forrest" making every mistake you could think of if you had to fight silva. Honestly , forrest looked coked up...IMO

And i agree 100% maia did not deserve to be in there , it should have been marquardt. Who had probaly got one of the best chances at 185 against Silva (besides maybe Vitor). He knows first hand how fast he is from fighting him, not from watching but from feeling it. And nate is a great wrestler, not as great as chael,and he has awesome striking to go a long with his nice takedowns, and hes got a tough chin. Nate beat maia. When he lost a decision to chael but beat him so bad he couldnt fight soon enough, it should have been his ticket to the show.

back to chael... he is so gonna throw silva on his back and pound a hole in his face[/quote']

Sorry I stepped away. Anyway..... NEVER. You think Chael Will win????? I smell a sig bet.

you game?

Lol, don't freak out, I was not trying to flame you, but I could only assume that with a comparison to Mario in an MMA fight, that you were one of our younger users, sorry about the ignorance.

As for Chael, dude's a flash in the pan, he will get beaten by Silva, and if he does win it'll be boring as t!ts to a gay. So no one will ever respect him, aside from republicans, maybe. At least that's my view.

Lol' date=' don't freak out, I was not trying to flame you, but I could only assume that with a comparison to Mario in an MMA fight, that you were one of our younger users, sorry about the ignorance.

As for Chael, dude's a flash in the pan, he will get beaten by Silva, and if he does win it'll be boring as **** to a gay. So no one will ever respect him, aside from republicans, maybe. At least that's my view.[/quote']

"flash in the pan"

I love it....

Sorry I stepped away. Anyway..... NEVER. You think Chael Will win????? I smell a sig bet.

you game?

im not like realy sure chael will when ,but i will take that sig bet against silva.

With a mouth like chael he has to be one lucky SOB to still be alive , so he could do it!!!

Can anyone quote what chael compared getting a BJJ black belt from the Nog clan was like?

that was great.

Lol' date=' don't freak out, I was not trying to flame you, but I could only assume that with a comparison to Mario in an MMA fight, that you were one of our younger users, sorry about the ignorance.

As for Chael, dude's a flash in the pan, he will get beaten by Silva, and if he does win it'll be boring as t!ts to a gay. So no one will ever respect him, aside from republicans, maybe. At least that's my view.[/quote']

Ha ha good one! I agree and thanks for clarifying. I just think that he is ridiculous and not that talented. People always bring up the Marquardt fight but he got rolled in that too. I guess his plan is working though cuz we are still talking about it! hahaha can't wait for this one! **** to a gay hahaha!

always love the hype and form sonnen its always seem to be entertaing. I also like how he adressed lil nog. Who does this guy think he is?? Yeah he had some good fights over in pride he has never held a belt. Sure he is a great figher but where that does not give him the right to say somebody is not good enought to fight his buddy. Hell I was a fan befor he made thoes comments.

couldn't even read all of it. so much non sense. Man this guy is a shame for MMA and for the US. What a punk. And look like he tries to write like a "homie" that's fking ridiculous.

The kind of arguments he pulls are 12 years old level.

The guy really is a huge fake. When do you see him talk to fighters like that in their face? never. He's very cleaver behind a keyboard or alone with a journalist but we all heard how it turned out when Silva chased him at the UFC115 or 114 expo. his big explaination "he caught me off guard".

If the guy was only 1/4 as clever face to face as he is on the keyboard he wouldn't have problem replying to someone who can barely speak english and comes at him. Can't wait for UFC117 to see his face get pummeled.

See....Nog's brain is jelly, from the 20 minute murderous beating that Fedor gave him when they fought the last time, people dont recover from such a one sided dominating punishment and sustained constant physical abuse to the face. When someone beats you up so fkkin bad like Fedor did to Nog, It definetely does permanent brain damage. Its not Nog's fault hes a blubbering idiot, its Fedors :)

He can't train 24/7 and it shows his time not in the gym is spent hyping the fight and getting under anderson's skin. I'm enjoying every bit of it.

"Imagine: Your team is on the two-yard line in the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl' date=' but your star quarterback disregards the head coach?s instructions and calls a play where he throws the ball to a popcorn vendor in the sixth row, then eats a piece of turf and craps in his helmet on the 50-yard line."

Funniest part of the letter and a pretty good analogy as well.[/quote']I agree i'm enjoying this every bit. Lil Nog looked like Roy Nelson in a Frankenstein mask for the Brilz fight. That made me laugh pretty hard. Also the whole being sharp as a bag full of wet mice. lol

heres the facts.

chael KNOWS that, as a fighter with all his wins comming by decision, a fight with him VS A silva would be regarded as rediculous.

so he talks smack to hype the fight.

now a previously, near unwatchable fight becomes interesting.

instead of saying "wow, anderson 'dont want to put in the effort' silva vs chael'cant finish a fight' sonnen, now THERES a PPV I will gladly miss"

people are saying "I cant believe chaels mouth, what gives him the right, lol chael is hilarious, I hope he beats silva, I hope silva shuts him up, etc.etc.etc."

sh*t talking this fight is the smartest thing chael could have done.

I know that silva is going to destroy him, hell, chael probably knows it too. but all the talk is putting money in the bank and thats what it all comes down too.

and chael is pretty witty, guaranteed he doesnt actually give a **** about anderson. this is all just hype. and he is doing a great job.

(I would have bought the card no matter what, always buy A silva and randy getting KTFO'd by toney!)

Archived