What would be more satisfying..

AdamZapel

Now that Dana White has said about 'making an example of James Toney' Couture has to beat him and beat him descisively. To watch toney tap out from strikes or a submission would be awesome, but I would much rather watch him fight someone like Pat Barry. It would be hilarious to watch Toney lying on the floor, in the fetal postition, after Barry hacked away at his legs with kicks :)

Now that Dana White has said about 'making an example of James Toney' Couture has to beat him and beat him descisively. To watch toney tap out from strikes or a submission would be awesome' date=' [b']but I would much rather watch him fight someone like Pat Barry. It would be hilarious to watch Toney lying on the floor, in the fetal postition, after Barry hacked away at his legs with kicks[/b] :)

I wish they had done a match-up like this instead.

That's the reason why I think it's ridiculous when boxers say "no one" in the UFC can stand with them. Mhmm, sure...did they forget there are some high level kick-boxers in MMA?

That's the reason why I think it's ridiculous when boxers say "no one" in the UFC can stand with them. Mhmm' date=' sure...did they forget there are some high level kick-boxers in MMA?[/quote']

I'm on board with HD vs. Toney. Obviously it's just name recognition rather than a great match up with Couture.

UFC has plenty of HW's that could easily stand with any boxer and destroy them. Carwin would be a great match up too, but someone like Barry just doesn't have a big enough name to go against Toney I'm sure (marketing wise)... plus Toney probably wouldn't fight a guy that could really hurt him haha, rather than just beat him.

I could care less. on any given day, the MMA fighter will beat the boxer. Its just that obvious. Have you ever wrestled a friend who doesn't know wrestling compared to a decent not so good wrestler?

The friend that knows nothing suks and has no idea how to sprawl correctly and will get slammed on the ground much like the boxer,

Sure you can still slam the not so good wrestler cuz hes not so good but hes better than your friend was when you slammed him.

THE MMA FIGHTER WINS ON ANY GIVEN DAY BOYS. Ra ndy Couture will pound the shi* out of Toney and Toney will get pissed and run at him. And if he doesn't run at couture after he looses, he probably has a serious concussion and already planned on retiring when randy got him to the ground.

RANDY COUTURE > JAMES TONEY

MMA > BOXING

That's the reason why I think it's ridiculous when boxers say "no one" in the UFC can stand with them. Mhmm' date=' sure...did they forget there are some high level kick-boxers in MMA?[/quote']

... I think its gonna be ugly, toney will gas early > all couture

as much as i hate to say this, i would not be that surprised if tony knocks out randy.. I want randy to beat him and beat him bad but the ufc has not had a boxer as good as tony and unless randy takes him down early tony could hit him with a strong fast combo that will knock him out cold..

Now that Dana White has said about 'making an example of James Toney' Couture has to beat him and beat him descisively. To watch toney tap out from strikes or a submission would be awesome' date=' but I would much rather watch him fight someone like Pat Barry. It would be hilarious to watch Toney lying on the floor, in the fetal postition, after Barry hacked away at his legs with kicks :)[/quote']

I agree 100%. After Couture hands him his *** I hope they set up a fight like that before they send him packing

... I think its gonna be ugly' date=' toney will gas early > all couture[/quote']

Agreed. The pace in 5min MMA round, especially a 5min round with Randy Couture is far beyond a 3min boxing round.

GSP is lending Couture his Riddum for this fight and Toney, well, he won't be able to 'andle it.

I think the out come of this fight is up to Randy and how he approaches it. Something about Toney tells me he has no interest other then proving that a boxer can beat a mma fighter. Not taking the sport seriously,which mean he will be a one trick pony trying to win at his game.

Now that Dana White has said about 'making an example of James Toney' Couture has to beat him and beat him descisively. To watch toney tap out from strikes or a submission would be awesome' date=' but I would much rather watch him fight someone like Pat Barry. It would be hilarious to watch Toney lying on the floor, in the fetal postition, after Barry hacked away at his legs with kicks :)[/quote']

Couture getting KTFO in the beginning of the round

Boxing is DONE!!! Only one more fight to see and that's Money May beat the chit outta that drugh addict. AND no, boxers will not be able to stand with ANY of the good MMA strikers unless they get lucky....standing involves kicks, knees, elbows...and on top of all this I guarantee they aren't used to getting hit with UFC gloves (only take one punch and it's a wrap).

Archived