People in the UK. UFC 120.

Flesher101

i've just been told by my mate, that UFC 120 is going to be headlined by Bisping vs Akiyama.

Why don't the UK ever get good main events, all we get is a card stacked with UK fighters, which is good for MMA over here, but why don't we get higher profiled fighters or even a title fight.

I've been told the UK don't get title fights because of the money involved in PPVS in America.

It's stupid, i was gunna buy a ticket and travel from Leeds to London, to watch it, hoping there was gunna be a couple of good important fights on the card, but i might stay at home and save myself ?500.

i've just been told by my mate' date=' that UFC 120 is going to be headlined by Bisping vs Akiyama.

Why don't the UK ever get good main events, all we get is a card stacked with UK fighters, which is good for MMA over here, but why don't we get higher profiled fighters or even a title fight.

I've been told the UK don't get title fights because of the money involved in PPVS in America.

It's stupid, i was gunna buy a ticket and travel from Leeds to London, to watch it, hoping there was gunna be a couple of good important fights on the card, but i might stay at home and save myself ?500.[/quote']

Akiyama is looking like a sacrificial lamb .. :eek:

i've just been told by my mate' date=' that UFC 120 is going to be headlined by Bisping vs Akiyama.

It's stupid, i was gunna buy a ticket and travel from Leeds to London, to watch it, hoping there was gunna be a couple of good important fights on the card, but i might stay at home and save myself ?500.[/quote']

i think its pretty crap all we get is brit fighters it like they think all we wanna see is Brit fighters

when id much rather see any other fighter than any of them apart from Terry Etim

i want Big Nog in Britain god damn it

also would not mind Stefan struve!

i think its pretty crap all we get is brit fighters it like they think all we wanna see is Brit fighters

when id much rather see any other fighter than any of them apart from Terry Etim

i want Big Nog in Britain god damn it

also would not mind Stefan struve!

Yeah i know what you mean, and Ross Pearson, but it looks like they're just keeping him for american fights now, its daft man, i dont see the point, i could go watch BAMMA for less money if they're just having uk fighters.

Big nog is fighting Frank Mir apparantly at 119, why couldn't this of happened in the UK it's now like it is a fight that really means much to the division.

This is BS! Last year we had TUF Brits + Hathaway, Hardy, Bisping and Couture...

This year we get the same thing minus Couture? Why should Bisping main event a british card? It should be Hardy headlining it or Machida vs Rampage.

I'm from leeds aswell and paying around ?500 just isn't worth it. I have no doubt that it will be an awesome night but please give us a better card.

Quit whining!! Us British fans have been whining at the long absence of a UFC event on these shores, now we have one you guys still whiinge!

I for one cant wait to see Hardy vs Condit that has the makings of an epic fight and will thoroughly enjoy cheering on Bisping, Pearson and co

P.S Im in Leeds also and will be travelling!

It might be some of the big name fighter dont feel comfortable fighting over seas. IMO most of them train in the states and the transition from fighing where you are comfortable to some new place where the people sound diffrent and the food might not be quite what they want. When I read forrest griffins book he commented a little about that when he fought over in Ireland. He said something about not feeling to great from the jet lag and how the most of the food was fating and it made it harder to make 205. But I think he won his fight so it must not have been too bad. It does suck for you brits though it seems like dana thinks that all you want to see is bisping these days. But hey you guys will get to see Condit VS Hardy :)

Quit whining!! Us British fans have been whining at the long absence of a UFC event on these shores' date=' now we have one you guys still whiinge!

I for one cant wait to see Hardy vs Condit that has the makings of an epic fight and will thoroughly enjoy cheering on Bisping, Pearson and co

P.S Im in Leeds also and will be travelling![/quote']

Thank You

I reckon Condit vs Hardy is more worthy as a headliner that Bisping vs Akiyama.....Was gonna go to it if they announced a good headliner but wont bother making the trip now' date=' jus watch it in the pub on espn, its on Spike in the states too...[/quote']

Think winner of Condit-Hardy get loser of Fitch-Alves?

i went to ufc 86 when tht was in londom last time. flew from leeds worth every penny. the card wasnt great then main evt was hughes v alves but the fights were sh1t hot! u might aswell just go the cards v decent besides main events r allways a let down. il b flying from leeds again this time cnt wait. the atmoshphere is amazing. how were u planning on spending ?500 quid ??

?120 -ticket

?50-flight

?60- hotel

?230 for 2 days is a lil excessive :)

hopefully this is given much more consideration

i mean, when the Franklin vs Henderson II fight was originally announced at UFC 103, the fans complained so much that they called the fight off and threw Belfort against Franklin instead

maybe if we complain enough they will change it?

x

i went to ufc 86 when tht was in londom last time. flew from leeds worth every penny. the card wasnt great then main evt was hughes v alves but the fights were sh1t hot! u might aswell just go the cards v decent besides main events r allways a let down. il b flying from leeds again this time cnt wait. the atmoshphere is amazing. how were u planning on spending ?500 quid ??

?120 -ticket

?50-flight

?60- hotel

?230 for 2 days is a lil excessive :)

I went to ufc 105 in manchester and i did really enjoy it,i mean the ufc is the ufc, but i'd much rather prefer a bigger headliner than Bisping, and ?500 was an estimation haha maybe an exageration, but it still will be alot of money, and i have to take the friday and saturday off work unpaid, which adds to the costs.

I agree yea' date=' it aint like we need title fights everytime or mega fights, just a decent main event would be enough!!!

If it's not main event material in the States why should it be main even material anywhere else??[/quote']

I know right, and how come Abu Dhabi got 2 title fights in one event, and aparantly 121 in Germany, is Belfort vs the middleweight champion.

How come we never get anything as major as that, it's really annoying, and as people are saying Hardy vs Condit is better than Bisping vs Akiyama.

hardy and hathaway are more important than bisping is they have more genuine chance of winnig a title. Bisping has got dropped 3 times in his last 4 fights henderson ktfo, kang dropped him, wandy only needed 3 more seconds for the fight to be stopped so the second akiyama hits him with a clean one bisping is going down. And why on earth rampage can't headline when he trains with bisping and kongo in england please rampage v griffin/machida/franklin/ortiz/vera or brillz there maybe even more fighters than that but there is plenty of options there. p.s. sorry for waffling just so angry been waiting a year for ufc in the uk

Archived