should carwin hang up the gloves?

MachoMan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after his embarassing second round defeat at 116, i think carwins style has been exposesd and everyone now has the road map to defeat him easily. also, it is now known that he has no chance at ever being the world champ, unless brock retires, and carwin is older than him.

it would probobly be in his best interest to persue an easier career like acting or pro wrestling where he can make more money with less risk, as these guys get older, it gets harder and harder for their bodies to take the shots and the chokes, and carwin is no spring chicken.

he has clearly demonstrated that he doesnt haver the fitness level to go the distance, and it worries me.

Well by the looks of things I believe this was his only chance to be UFC Champion since he's 35 or 36. Plus he doesnt fight often, the fact that he fought 2 times this yesr in a 4 month period was astounding. Usually he takes fights 7 to 8 moths at a time, if he continues this pattern he wont get another shot until he's 39. And I dont thin khe's like a Couture who can still fight close to and in his 40's.

Just an observation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after his embarassing second round defeat at 116' date=' i think carwins style has been exposesd and everyone now has the road map to defeat him easily. also, it is now known that he has no chance at ever being the world champ, unless brock retires, and carwin is older than him.

it would probobly be in his best interest to persue an easier career like acting or pro wrestling where he can make more money with less risk, as these guys get older, it gets harder and harder for their bodies to take the shots and the chokes, and carwin is no spring chicken.

he has clearly demonstrated that he doesnt haver the fitness level to go the distance, and it worries me.[/quote']

What a retard question/statement, the guy has lost 1 fight.... I guess you think Fedor should retire too huh? MORON

He beat the living s**t out of brock and now you say he should retire? He needs to work on his cardio and pace himself, thats all. he only lost because his endocrine gland triggered an immuno response seizing his obdula oblangada which in turn overloaded his vascular tissues with lactic acidocis and supressed his vasopresin concentration in his blood leading to a severe lack of blood flow to his uterus....everybody knows that

He beat the living s**t out of brock and now you say he should retire? He needs to work on his cardio and pace himself' date=' thats all. [b']he only lost because his endocrine gland triggered an immuno response seizing his obdula oblangada which in turn overloaded his vascular tissues with lactic acidocis and supressed his vasopresin concentration in his blood leading to a severe lack of blood flow to his uterus....everybody knows that[/b]

That was awesome

Your post disturbs me, on so many levels. So, I guess I'll just break it down for you.

1) Carwin did not suffer an embarrassing defeat. He had the current Heavyweight champion balled up on the mat. He had the victory right in front of him, so he gave it all right there, and unfortunately it didn't happen.

2) Carwin has consistently stated that he has no problem going more than 5 rounds at a normal, or even fast paced fight. He has no 'Huge hole in his game.' He risked all of his cardio to finish the fight in the first, and payed the price for his decision. If anything, he needs to work on his decision making skills. Nothing more.

3) Carwin has finally been given a very solid example of what he needs to work on as a fighter. It's his first loss, and I think most of the people on this forum would agree with me when I say that he will learn from it, and be back better than he was on the 3rd. I have said, along with others, that the person who has the best chance at beating Lesnar is still Shane Carwin.

I kind of agree in a way Shanes style has been exposed. Don't rip me to hard, I'm still fairly new really learning the sport other than just watching it. I loved watching Chuck back in his prime lay dudes out, but now guys like Chuck, Rampage, and Silva dont fair so well just walking in there and swinging for the fences. I think Shanes career should be based on his next fight, see how well he can bounce back and what he does when he has to go back to the drawing board.

after his embarassing second round defeat at 116' date=' i think carwins style has been exposesd and everyone now has the road map to defeat him easily. also, it is now known that he has no chance at ever being the world champ, unless brock retires, and carwin is older than him.

he has clearly demonstrated that he doesnt haver the fitness level to go the distance, and it worries me.[/quote']

You know, posts like this really make me realize how many closed minded, ignorant to the sport people there are on these forums. 1)Carwin is a beast who destroyed Brock in the first round, and would've kicked his a$$ the entire fight had his cardio been better. and next time it will. 2) This 'roadmap to defeat' you speak of is to rope a dope him for one round, withstanding a brutal onslaught....is something that no other heavyweight is capable of doing. Brock did it once, he probably couldn't even do it a second time.3) To say that one of the greatest HW fighters in the division should quit b/c he lost to the champion is just plain retarded. and finally, the loss wasn't embarrassing...if anything the win for Brock was a little embarrassing.

I agree. You know the old saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." At 35 years of age, it is too late to build your cardio. It would be retarded to think that someone could because at that age things start breaking down, not building up. Shane needs to have a talk with Brock or Batista and see if he can come to the WWE under their persona. I think Carwin would make a good Undertaker.

Lol Shane is gonna KO people for a couple of more years, besides I wanna see a rematch with him and Brock! And I wanna see him fight a few others like JDS,Cain,Duffee and even James Toney!

I agree. You know the old saying' date=' "You can't teach an old dog new tricks." At 35 years of age, it is too late to build your cardio. It would be retarded to think that someone could because at that age things start breaking down, not building up. Shane needs to have a talk with Brock or Batista and see if he can come to the WWE under their persona. I think Carwin would make a good Undertaker.[/quote']

yeah he definately has the look to undertaker, im just not sure hes tall enough.

he should bring Pall Bearer out with him too.

Archived