Does Lesnar need 27 wins in a row, to be called #1?

Azzaroth

Fedor 32-1 (with one loss from a cut)

Lesnar 5-1

Lesnar's first opponent min soo kim- who the fu*k? , then he equals the number of losses that Fedor has in his 2nd mma fight against mir. Has a decision victory over heath herring, which Fedor demolished. Then beats an old randy, survives round 1 with carwin and submits a fighter with no gas tank in the 2nd round. Verdict best fighter in the world? P4P? Thoughts please.

Well... these are Fedor's first 6 opponents (note: officially 5-1 as well)

Win Mihail Apostolov Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rings Russia - Russia vs. Bulgaria 4/6/2001 1 1:03

Loss Tsuyoshi Kosaka TKO (Doctor Stoppage) Rings - King of Kings 2000 Block B 12/22/2000 1 0:17

Win Ricardo Arona Decision (Unanimous) Rings - King of Kings 2000 Block B 12/22/2000 3 5:00

Win Hiroya Takada KO (Punches) Rings - Battle Genesis Vol. 6 9/5/2000 1 0:12

Win Levon Lagvilava Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) Rings - Russia vs Georgia 8/16/2000 1 7:24

Win Martin Lazarov Submission (Guillotine Choke) Rings Russia - Russia vs. Bulgaria 5/21/2000 1 2:24

I'm not saying anything to add to this debate though.

Lesnar 5-1

Lesnar's first opponent min soo kim- who the fu*k? ' date=' then he equals the number of losses that Fedor has in his 2nd mma fight against mir. Has a decision victory over heath herring, which Fedor demolished. Then beats an old randy, survives round 1 with carwin and submits a fighter with no gas tank in the 2nd round. Verdict best fighter in the world? P4P? Thoughts please.[/quote']

dude, lets be serious, in the world of MMA=Mixed Martial Arts, bock bock chicken lesnar is at the BOTTOM of the totem pole. Noone who knows anything about MMA history will EVER call bock bock the #1 fighter. He doesn't have the skillset. Don Frye would have murdered bock bock inside of 1 round, but I don't hear people calling don frye number 1

To even consider himself number 1 after so few fights, and after comparing him with other mma greats. It's a very curious event that goes on. You have people on the p4p list like gsp, bj, and others who have a lot more defeats than you'd expect from someone on a p4p list. Also noted is that Fedor fell a loooooooooooooooong way with just the one loss, sum knocking him entirely out of top 10's, yet similarly with other fighters who have had losses still remain in the p4p. It's an interesting comparison.

He may need that many to be #1 of all time' date=' but not for #1 right now.[/quote']

This. He's light years, away from even being considered in a discussion about Top 10 greats, but for the time being, he has done enough to secure the #1 spot at HW. I figure it won't last long, but who knows......

Lesnar 5-1

Lesnar's first opponent min soo kim- who the fu*k? ' date=' then he equals the number of losses that Fedor has in his 2nd mma fight against mir. Has a decision victory over heath herring, which Fedor demolished. Then beats an old randy, survives round 1 with carwin and submits a fighter with no gas tank in the 2nd round. Verdict best fighter in the world? P4P? Thoughts please.[/quote']

#1 is not determined by records. If it was, Rocky Marciano would still be #1, but he is not even alive. Currently it's plain to see that Brock is the best. According to how fights have played out we can now see that Fedor would get demolished by at least the 4 top HW fighters in the UFC. Oh, by the way, Fedor is 32-2 you can't leave out a defeat for any reason ask Jon Jones. Fedor hasn't fought the best fighters in their prime (not anytime recently). If he defeats Brock, Carwin, Cain and JDS (maybe even Nelson) we will know how good he really is. I don't think he would have a chance to defeat anyone of those 5. So I would put Fedor at 5th or 6th in the world. He still a great fighter, just not the best anymore.

#1 is not determined by records. If it was' date=' Rocky Marciano would still be #1, but he is not even alive. Currently it's plain to see that Brock is the best. According to how fights have played out we can now see that Fedor would get demolished by at least the 4 top HW fighters in the UFC.[/quote']

You think after seeing how Lesnar did against Carwin, he'd do anything to Fedor? If that had been Fedor, Lesnar would have been finished.

Rocky Marciano is dead. Fedor still fights. Bad analogy.

dude' date=' lets be serious, in the world of MMA=Mixed Martial Arts, bock bock chicken lesnar is at the BOTTOM of the totem pole. Noone who knows anything about MMA history will EVER call bock bock the #1 fighter. He doesn't have the skillset. Don Frye would have murdered bock bock inside of 1 round, but I don't hear people calling don frye number 1[/quote']

Now I have figured you out!! You Are Frank Mir?s son!!! Must be, where else does all the hate and making excuses come from?? Brock is the HW Champ buddy,get used to it hahah lmao lol and all that other crap!

dude' date=' lets be serious, in the world of MMA=Mixed Martial Arts, bock bock chicken lesnar is at the BOTTOM of the totem pole. Noone who knows anything about MMA history will EVER call bock bock the #1 fighter. He doesn't have the skillset. Don Frye would have murdered bock bock inside of 1 round, but I don't hear people calling don frye number 1[/quote']

Brock Lesnar would destroy Fedor anywhere anytime. How bout them apples?

^^^^this. Brock isnt worthy. That spot is reserved for warriors, not one dimensional inexperienced fighters who run like a girl the second punches are thrown their way and turn into a turtle. Brock showed who he really is in his last fight. One dimensional fighter with zero footwork and head movement, very poor standup fighter and very bad submission skills. Watch the last fight and youll see it took him so long to even realize the submission was there whereas most other fighters would have noticed it right away. 5-1 and considered the best LMAO

Fedor is 32 and 2... just saying...

Aside from that... it isn't like Fedor hasn't been dominated in the past and come back from behind. He's been dropped on his head and almost finished himself.

Saying that Brock is a p***y because he got his **** kicked in the first round, you have to say that every time Fedor was losing, he is a p***y as well...

Lesnar is #1 by default, Fedor lost against a fighter who i think wasnt top 10 and Lesnar was an obvious choice to be #1. He isnt #1 in my book. He has no skill set, and hes being praised for being dominated by carwin, its ridiculous, but oh well..Lesnar needs quality wins, not to be carried like he was by the UFC when he "earned" his title shot when he beat Heath Herring who isnt a top 10 fighter. Think about it, lost to Mir, beat herring, was losing to Randy in the stand up an clinch game, he wouldve lost had randy survived, and beat Mir in the rematch, and now he got dominated by carwin and won only because carwin had no gas left...brock is overrated. Hes shown no skill whatsoever, has no stand up, no clinch..just lay and praise

Watch the last fight and youll see it took him so long to even realize the submission was there whereas most other fighters would have noticed it right away.

That is really the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

Why would -anyone- in they're right mind, experienced or not, give up an obvious dominant position (full mount) for an arm triangle unless they were pretty damn sure they could go for it.

I doubt that you knew what the heck was going on when he was doing it. Your statement is a testament that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Epic fail...

and Banana Bread...

he wouldve lost had randy survived' date=' ...won only because carwin had no gas left...[/quote']

And Fedor would have lost to Arlovski if he hadn't gone in for a flying knee...

And Fedor would have beat Werdum if he hadn't been caught in an armbar-triangle...

And Cro-Cop would have won if Gonzaga didn;t use Cro-Cops own move against him...

And Kongo would have beaten Mir if he would have been able to keep the fight standing...

And Rory Macdonald would have beat Carlos Condit if he would have survived...

And Jake Shield's would have lost if Hendo had hit him harder...

Do you see how stupid this is?

This is MMA... You play the game and you adapt. If you don't or if you get caught, you lose.

And Fedor would have lost to Arlovski if he hadn't gone in for a flying knee...

And Fedor would have beat Werdum if he hadn't been caught in an armbar-triangle...

And Cro-Cop would have won if Gonzaga didn;t use Cro-Cops own move against him...

And Kongo would have beaten Mir if he would have been able to keep the fight standing...

And Rory Macdonald would have beat Carlos Condit if he would have survived...

And Jake Shield's would have lost if Hendo had hit him harder...

Do you see how stupid this is?

This is MMA... You play the game and you adapt. If you don't or if you get caught' date=' you lose.[/quote']

+1 I completely agree with you. whatever happen's, happen's for a reason. you cant dwell on what happened and think "what if". this is MMA thats why its such an Amazing sport. Anything can happen

Archived