It doesn't look good for those of us who hate Lesnar

TheTerribleWilliamson

The UFC heavyweight division is embarrassingly weak and Carwin was most likely the only opponent with a realistic chance at beating Lesnar. Not because Lesnar is some great mixed martial artist, lol, not by any means...but because there just aren't currently other HWs with comparable size, speed and takedown defense. Carwin definitely exposed Brock for having no stand-up whatsoever, he had him running like a frightened girl and when he did catch him he smacked him around like an amateur, put him on his **** and beat him badly enough to warrant a stoppage in any other scenario. So the sad fact is that now that it it's blatantly obvious that the deck is stacked against Lesnar's opponents from every angle it doesn't look good for those of us who find this one dimensional mental midget a complete and utter embarrassment to the sport. And it certainly doesn't look good for the UFC's reputation as a number of mainstream sports reporting orgs have openly accused the UFC of influencing the officiating.

the ufc heavyweight division is embarrassingly weak and carwin was most likely the only opponent with a realistic chance at beating lesnar. Not because lesnar is some great mixed martial artist' date=' lol, not by any means...but because there just aren't currently other hws with comparable size, speed and takedown defense. Carwin definitely exposed brock for having no stand-up whatsoever, he had him running like a frightened girl and when he did catch him he smacked him around like an amateur, put him on his **** and beat him badly enough to warrant a stoppage in any other scenario. So the sad fact is that now that it it's blatantly obvious that the deck is stacked against lesnar's opponents from every angle it doesn't look good for those of us who find this one dimensional mental midget a complete and utter embarrassment to the sport. And it certainly doesn't look good for the ufc's reputation as a number of mainstream sports reporting orgs have openly accused the ufc of influencing the officiating.[/quote']

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The UFC heavyweight division is embarrassingly weak and Carwin was most likely the only opponent with a realistic chance at beating Lesnar. Not because Lesnar is some great mixed martial artist' date=' lol, not by any means...but because there just aren't currently other HWs with comparable size, speed and takedown defense. Carwin definitely exposed Brock for having no stand-up whatsoever, he had him running like a frightened girl and when he did catch him he smacked him around like an amateur, put him on his **** and beat him badly enough to warrant a stoppage in any other scenario. So the sad fact is that now that it it's blatantly obvious that the deck is stacked against Lesnar's opponents from every angle it doesn't look good for those of us who find this one dimensional mental midget a complete and utter embarrassment to the sport. And it certainly doesn't look good for the UFC's reputation as a number of mainstream sports reporting orgs have openly accused the UFC of influencing the officiating.[/quote']

Embarrassment? He taking this sport seriously. Give the man credit or at least respect for his accomplishments against opponents who've all been doing this longer than him.

The UFC heavyweight division is embarrassingly weak and Carwin was most likely the only opponent with a realistic chance at beating Lesnar. Not because Lesnar is some great mixed martial artist' date=' lol, not by any means...but because there just aren't currently other HWs with comparable size, speed and takedown defense. Carwin definitely exposed Brock for having no stand-up whatsoever, he had him running like a frightened girl and when he did catch him he smacked him around like an amateur, put him on his **** and beat him badly enough to warrant a stoppage in any other scenario. So the sad fact is that now that it it's blatantly obvious that the deck is stacked against Lesnar's opponents from every angle it doesn't look good for those of us who find this one dimensional mental midget a complete and utter embarrassment to the sport. And it certainly doesn't look good for the UFC's reputation as a number of mainstream sports reporting orgs have openly accused the UFC of influencing the officiating.[/quote']

Exciting usually? Not really.

Arrogant? Yes

Still learning? Absolutely

Personally, I can't stand the guy because of his quick, untested rise to the top. He has to get better or he will get beat down. A good striker that can defend takedowns AND has good cardio will beat him until he learns how to be effective standing up. If Cain loses (which I'm not completely sold on Lesnar's domination of this fight) and the next challenger (Nelson or Dos Santos) doesn't win, then Shane will probably get a title rematch.

Cain can take a punch; we saw that in the Kongo fight. Lesnar doesn't have the kind of striking Kongo does. My guess is if Lesnar gets him down then he will lay on him like he did to Heath Herring. Unanimous decision victory and an all around boring fight much like a GSP fight.

I agree, he was given a free ride to a championship match.

If you look at it, when he lost to MIR via submission, he was given a title shot ahead of MIR against couture.

I fail to see how a loss to a top contender propels you ahead of that contender for a title shot.

ok i finally made an acount to shut the mouth of those who dont know what there are talking about! brock has ok stand up! randy would of kicked his azz but no he didnt and JDS OR CAIN WILL NOT BEAT BROCK! Just cuz shane beat brock in stand up dont mean they will! i mean im a fan of both of them i think there great fighters but brock will beat them!shane was just really heavy handed. how do i know this because im a boxer and have trained mma fought guys like that.

well i dont know what fights you watch but usually lesnars ground and pound is pretty nasty and cool to watch nothing like a GSP lay and pray.. your right he has only had a few fights and got a quick title shot but look at shogun ? he fought Liddell and mark coleman lol so hes not the only one the difference is Lesnar is new still learning still improving and hes only gonna get better

I agree' date=' he was given a free ride to a championship match.

If you look at it, when he lost to MIR via submission, he was given a title shot ahead of MIR against couture.

I fail to see how a loss to a top contender propels you ahead of that contender for a title shot.[/quote']

He defeated Heath Herring and was given the title shot. Not exactly contender worthy.

ok i finally made an acount to shut the mouth of those who dont know what there are talking about! brock has ok stand up! randy would of kicked his azz but no he didnt and JDS OR CAIN WILL NOT BEAT BROCK! Just cuz shane beat brock in stand up dont mean they will! i mean im a fan of both of them i think there great fighters but brock will beat them!shane was just really heavy handed. how do i know this because im a boxer and have trained mma fought guys like that.

It took him 2 rounds to shut down Randy; had Randy not weighed, probably, 70lbs less than Lesnar he would've been able to take it the whole 5 rounds in my opinion. Lesnar's stand up isn't even okay. He needs to realize this and work on it instead of constantly relying on takedowns. It would not only make him more well rounded, but might actually make people feel like he earned the right to be called a champion.

Now for a little etiquette- punctuation, spell checking, and such would be appreciated. Oops, better think about my internet image so forget i said anything. :)

well i dont know what fights you watch but usually lesnars ground and pound is pretty nasty and cool to watch nothing like a GSP lay and pray.. your right he has only had a few fights and got a quick title shot but look at shogun ? he fought Liddell and mark coleman lol so hes not the only one the difference is Lesnar is new still learning still improving and hes only gonna get better

Difference between Shogun and Lesnar is that Shogun was a Pride champion while Lesnar was a WWE entertainer. That is a huge difference.

Also, I can't stand GSP.

Difference between Shogun and Lesnar is that Shogun was a Pride champion while Lesnar was a WWE entertainer. That is a huge difference.

Also' date=' I can't stand GSP.[/quote']

so does that mean every guy who was a pride champion should be catapulted to the top after fighting 2 ageing fighters WELL out of their prime? yeah lets give nogueira a title shot because he was a pride champion?

In a less critical way, I agree with your post. Lesnar really does have to work on his stand-up, but I guess if he can always take the fight to the ground than it doesnt matter.

And I do think that in any other fight, the fight would have been stopped. Im still scratching my head about that one. BUT Lesnar did impress me with his chin and the fact that he was A LOT less arrogant after this fight. I think that the ref. let it go because it was a title fight though. If Carwin wins a couple fights in the same fashion that he usually does, I could see him getting a rematch pretty quick though, and if he can work on not gassing so quickly, Lesnar will have his hands full.

AND even though most dont think so, I think that Cain will give Lesnar a really tough time. His cardio is second to none in the HW division, his stand-up is much better than Carwins, and he has really good wrestling. My point is, he could do the same thing to Lesnar that Carwin did in the first round, but he wouldnt get tired in the second.

so does that mean every guy who was a pride champion should be catapulted to the top after fighting 2 ageing fighters WELL out of their prime? yeah lets give nogueira a title shot because he was a pride champion?

No' date=' I'm not saying he should have got a title shot. The point I assumed you would get was that he is a veteran fighter who's record had only 3 total losses out of over 20 fights. He held the Pride title. On the other hand, Lesnar was a 'fighter' in the soap opera world of WWE, lost to Mir, LNP on Herring. He shouldn't have been given a title shot. Plain and simple.

So much whining.

Get over it. Lesnar is for real.

Thanks Mike Goldberg. Did you hear Joe Rogan say that?

No' date=' I'm not saying he should have got a title shot. The point I assumed you would get was that he is a veteran fighter who's record had only 3 total losses out of over 20 fights. He held the Pride title. On the other hand, Lesnar was a 'fighter' in the soap opera world of WWE, lost to Mir, LNP of Herring. He shouldn't have been given a title shot. Plain and simple.

Thanks Mike Goldberg. Did you hear Joe Rogan say that?[/quote']

No, your mom said it. though one can only wonder why she was calling me lesnar!

No' date=' your mom said it. though one can only wonder why she was calling me lesnar![/quote']

Wow, I have never seen such awesome intelligence. :eek: How about this, stop making threads complaining about Lesnar, posting links to idiotic youtube videos, and generally being a troll. Go meet up with that guy complaining about being bullied on here, and hold his hand as you both jump off a tall building.

Come on dude, stop with the hate, the best physical match-up possible in the world for brock was carwin as many of you have even claimed he's better than brock, yet he beat carwin so now you say, the division is weak because he's too big,fast,and has good wrestling that he is an amateur and doesn't deserve to fight? Can people just be honest and objective please.

Come on dude' date=' stop with the hate, the best physical match-up possible in the world for brock was carwin as many of you have even claimed he's better than brock, yet he beat carwin so now you say, the division is weak because he's too big,fast,and has good wrestling that he is an amateur and doesn't deserve to fight? Can people just be honest and objective please.[/quote']

I am not one of "Lesnars' Youth" but...he gets my respect...He showed heart and class...Two things I really wondered about....

I think we can all agree Brock needs a lot of work and is relying on his size and wrestling to win. That being said? It's working so far....

I fail to see how a loss to a top contender propels you ahead of that contender for a title shot.[/quote']

LMAO you make it sound as if Lesnar was the one who made the decision to fight Randy haha idiot he got his chance and made the most of it, get over it junior

fail on every point. Brock is #1 hw by beating Carwin. Cain has a very good chance at beating Brock. UFC may not have all the best HWs but any of the top UFC hw have at least a 50/50 chance of beating any none ufc HW out there. Fedor who just lost to a ufc drop out, Overseem who have a few lost to LHWs in UFC, who else is there? Andre? Rogers? seriously those guys won't crack top 5 in ufc atm.

I'm a Lesnar fan and yes Lesnar has terrible terrible stand-up and after almost getting finished in the first round as a result to his horrible stand-up, he's obviously going to try and improve on it and you've got to be an idiot to say otherwise.. But that aside, Lesnar is an excellent wrestler and once he's landed a takedown on you, the chances of your survival aren't very high as we've seen in his previous fights. He will improve and he will continue to improve, he is a true champion, this guy is for real. Get use to it! You guys just grab the hate for the sake of hate being in reach.

Come on dude' date=' stop with the hate, the best physical match-up possible in the world for brock was carwin as many of you have even claimed he's better than brock, yet he beat carwin so now you say, the division is weak because he's too big,fast,and has good wrestling that he is an amateur and doesn't deserve to fight? Can people just be honest and objective please.[/quote']

Its pretty funny b/c before 116 everyone was all over the HW division's nuts and now that Carwin failed to finish Brock, the division is monkey hurlage.

i said it before i'll say it again Lesnars fight against Mir didn't lose him any standing if anything it made him look better as he was dominating Mir until Mazagay got involved...view it the same as Shogun vs. Machida I and Bones vs. Hamill losses on the record but many view them as victories including the UFC

You should probably go watch boxing. Since you dont understand the MIXED in MMA. Wrestling, subs and athleticism are part of it. The champ wins 3 out of 4.

Have fun with your boxing. When you become an educated MMA fan you will be able to appreciate the whole sport.

umm no, brock curled up to shanes striking, cain has better striking than carwin, and he knocked out big Nog with a fast combo, cain is everything better than carwin except size and one punch knock out power..and brock has horrible stand up..JDS has amazing striking ability..u give Brock to much credit for not really doing much in mma

umm no' date=' brock curled up to shanes striking, cain has better striking than carwin, and he knocked out big Nog with a fast combo, cain is everything better than carwin except size and one punch knock out power..and brock has horrible stand up..JDS has amazing striking ability..u give Brock to much credit for not really doing much in mma[/quote']

Carwin is the most dominant finisher in the division but he's interior to Cain who couldn't put Kongo out with a bajillion shots nor finish Rothwell with anything other than a million sissy taps? Cain, ya know the guy who everyone called pillow fists before the Nog fight? lmao you guys reach farther and farther every day...........

p.s. Carwin is the only one to dominate Lesnar on the feet like that. Mir had a flash of dominance all of 8 seconds or so. Their first fight was completely lopsided with Mir losing every stand up exchange, Couture lost all standup battles, and Heath Herring lost as well.

oh yeah, Cain is definitely going to be the favorite.................:rolleyes:

I give JDS more of a chance but still not a large one.

umm no' date=' brock curled up to shanes striking, cain has better striking than carwin, and he knocked out big Nog with a fast combo, cain is everything better than carwin except size and one punch knock out power..and brock has horrible stand up..JDS has amazing striking ability..u give Brock to much credit for not really doing much in mma[/quote']

Hmm 5 posts. Let me guess... 2 weeks ago you were talking about how great Carwin was, lost a sig bet and dont want to stop posting your hater nonsense???

I predicted this several times before the fight. All the so called Carwin "fans" were really just Lesnar haters. And after Lesnar beat him they were gonna jump on Cains bandwagon. After Cain loses it will be JDS. Even though he will lose to Nelson. This type of person could never bring themselves to root for Nelson.

It's funny, cuzz I see exactly the opposite:the HW division has indeed good fighters,but we were caught in Dana's trap: he wanted a Mir vs Lesnar III, and gave Mir a Carwin hoping to put him on the title track. That night we witnessed the biggest joke in HW division (that's right fellows, that was a mistake).

Um your an idiot because frank mir got the interim title shot against nog and THEN couture came back. so then lesnar got the shot.

Shogun was 15-1(not counting the first Mark Coleman lose because it was an injury) in his last 16 when he got the title shot, he had dominated Pride and most people agreed that the only reason he wasn't the MW champ there was because of his close relationship to Wandy.

Lesnar was 2-1 with wins over Min Soo Kim(not even worth checking my spelling on him) and Herring(way past his prime).

Comparing the 2 is just plain retarded.

Also, if Mirko had won against Gonzaga he would have had a title shot.

Nog had a title shot after 1 win, but it was interim because Randy was trying to get a fight with Fedor.

Wandy would've had a title shot if he had beat Chuck.

Yes, dominating Pride counts towards something. And while being a WWE champion did count for Lesnar, it shouldn't.

Not making any excuses here, I was cheering for Carwin and reall thought he would win(I even had a bet with SCO that the loser would leave the forums but he let me out of it). I gave props to Lesnar for winning the fight and even more props for showing some respect after the fight.

That being said.... HW is weak. The division has guys that are good, but if you look past those guys everyone else is pretty bad. The only division that is worse is MW IMO.

+1...and F*uck lesnar that one-dimensional joke

I agree with everything here, except I think JDS has a good chance at threatening Brock. I think, in theory, JDS could come into a fight with Brock with very very solid takedown defense. All the guys in that division have got to be training takedown defense out the wazzoo right now, Junior is a guy known for the ability to pick up skills pretty nicely, his boxing and range is spectacular and he's taken out other grapplers... And training with Mark Munos he's gonna pick up ALOT of valuable stuff from the wrestling game.

Still, Brock is a monster. I think his reign will look alot like what BJ penn has done at light weight.

Shogun was 15-1(not counting the first Mark Coleman lose because it was an injury) in his last 16 when he got the title shot' date=' he had dominated Pride and most people agreed that the only reason he wasn't the MW champ there was because of his close relationship to Wandy.

.[/quote']

Rua was 4-1, Coleman broke his arm. He won the fight.

+1...and F*uck lesnar that one-dimensional joke

One dimensional, is that the wrestling, the GnP, the one punch knock down power that put down Herring and couture with a single strike or the subs?? 6 fights, 4 dimensions shown. So which of those 4 makes him one dimensional ?

One dimensional' date=' is that the wrestling, the GnP, the one punch knock down power that put down Herring and couture with a single strike or the subs?? 6 fights, 4 dimensions shown. So which of those 4 makes him one dimensional ?[/quote']

ooooooohhh lesnar can shove somebody with a punch how impressive:rolleyes:...and fighters that all they can do is take some one down and punch them is one dimensional....that arm triangle was weak against an already beaten oponent who beat himself by gassing out..

ooooooohhh lesnar can shove somebody with a punch how impressive:rolleyes:...and fighters that all they can do is take some one down and punch them is one dimensional....that arm triangle was weak against an already beaten oponent who beat himself by gassing out..

Carwin had sloppy boxing and......... sloppy boxing. One dimension.

Cain has takedowns and pillowfists. A dimension and a half. If you give the pillow fists that much.

Lesnar is better then your favorites. Deal with it.

He came from the WWE, deal with it.

He is the current and future champ. Deal with it.

Hooker.

Archived